Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

I bet you'd be surprise to know that Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Drew Brees and Trent Green.

Well Duh!! Big surprise there when Culpepper is renowned for taking sack after sack after sack for lost yards rather than throwong the ball away!!! :lol:

He may have less wear and tear than say a Vinny but he is still at the nadir of his career. It is not a wise option as what kind of real upgrade is Trent Green? Huard essentially has surpassed him at KC. Quit frankly I saw some of Green this past season and can't say I was impressed. We need a younger qb and not a retread. The best option is giving Culpepper one last chance while bringing in someone with the capability of starting if Culpepper fails in his comeback. Open competition in camp; new YOUNGER qb, Lemon, Harrington (if he is not let go in the next 24 hours), and Culpepper all battling for the number 1 spot.

You're making a big assumption that Cameron han't already made up his mind with Culpepper.

some of you guys are too afraid of old guys, just because a guy is old doesn't mean he can't be good. and as a stop gap player I think it is best to bring in a veteran. they can adjust to new surroundings quicker

when are you guys going to stop believing the BS media and start accepting and imbracing the fact that we are set at the position with Daunte and cleo,

What do you need to get it,,All signs point to daunte being healthy with cams support,,,cleo is good and we should be grateful we have him to back uo daunte.

At the most we will draft some young kid in the later rounds.

No way is Cameron going not going to do major changes at QB. He's not going to take Saban's mistakes into his first year as HC.

Wow, Huard had decent stats for 3/4 of a season. He stunk while he was here. I guess Green's numbers for the last 7 yrs are insignificant.
When were you born? 2 yrs ago?

what are you talking about? Why are you bringing up Greens last 7 years?
Were talking about NOW! Yes i would take Greens career over Huards. But i would take Huard now over Green. Look what he did in 10 games with KC. those are greats stats.

by the way i was born 4yrs ago :rolleyes2
did you hang with jesus when you were born? :fogey:

Alot of people are missing the point of bringing Trent Green here, he'd be coming to tutor Brady Quinn. He's familiar with Cameron's offense he's familiar with Cameron and Shea both. We wouldn't be bringing him here to be the Qb of the future or whatever other nonsense. He'd be a stopgap starter until Quinn was ready. No matter what anyone says Culpepper just does not fit the role of tutor, heck he didn't even pick up a clipboard when Harrington was starting last season. He would not be nearly as effective as Green in getting Quinn up to speed in the NFL.

The biggest problem I see with this though is that we would seem to be hedging our bets on getting Quinn hopefully they have something up their sleeve to ensure getting him.

I'm of the belief that Culpepper should be given a true chance to succeed when fully healthy, but bringing in Trent Green is certainly an intriguing option. Green will be 37 going into next season, but he is still playing at a high level. Would you want the Phins to pursue a trade for Green if he was available? I wrote a bit more extensively on this at my blog. Check that out. What do you guys think?

Trent Green was awful last season, unless he sticks around as Huard's backup I guess he retires. He is the last guy we need to bring here and it seems that concussion he suffered earlier in the season has finished his career.

Wow, Huard had decent stats for 3/4 of a season. He stunk while he was here. I guess Green's numbers for the last 7 yrs are insignificant.
When were you born? 2 yrs ago?

Green played under a superb OL and great RB/TE's. Huard had nothing in Miami and "stunk" just like every QB that ever wore a Dolphins uniform after Marino (Heck, even Marino stunk a bit under the same offense as Huard). The one time he's placed in a favorable environment, he succeeds. He just wins. Green doesn't. Once Vermeil and his offensive system left, Green was exposed for who he really is.

Alot of people are missing the point of bringing Trent Green here, he'd be coming to tutor Brady Quinn. He's familiar with Cameron's offense he's familiar with Cameron and Shea both. We wouldn't be bringing him here to be the Qb of the future or whatever other nonsense. He'd be a stopgap starter until Quinn was ready. No matter what anyone says Culpepper just does not fit the role of tutor, heck he didn't even pick up a clipboard when Harrington was starting last season. He would not be nearly as effective as Green in getting Quinn up to speed in the NFL.

The biggest problem I see with this though is that we would seem to be hedging our bets on getting Quinn hopefully they have something up their sleeve to ensure getting him.

i dont understand why people cant see this. it would be the perfect way to lead us into the future. and thats what this is about.
green gives us a chance to win now, but this move would be best for the future of the fins

Back
Top Bottom