Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

PhinPhan in MA

Starter
Reaction score
The Sun-Sentinel posted an article saying that a source at the NFL Scouting Combine said the Dolphins would have interest in acquiring Trent Green from Kansas City if he was placed on the trading block. Read that article here.

The Chiefs just re-signed Damon Huard to a 3 year $7.5 million contract, so if they were to consider trading Green, would he be a good fit for Miami? He has played for Cam Cameron in Washington, and new QB coach Terry Shea worked with Green for four of the past five seasons in Kansas City.

I'm of the belief that Culpepper should be given a true chance to succeed when fully healthy, but bringing in Trent Green is certainly an intriguing option. Green will be 37 going into next season, but he is still playing at a high level. Would you want the Phins to pursue a trade for Green if he was available? I wrote a bit more extensively on this at my blog. Check that out. What do you guys think?

why in the world would we trade for an 37 yr old qb who is coming of a year which had him miss a whole lot of games due to a serious head injury?

Maybe if he was cut, definitely not going to give up a draft pick for the guy.

I hear Testeverde is available too. Any other older QB's out there?

Of course I kid, but why on earth do we want a 37 year old QB when we are going through some rebuilding. If I'm Green I would retire first as we are just not that close. If he goes somewhere it should be to an immediate contender and let us hope Culpepper is at least adequate while we groom our newly drafted first day QB.

I hear Testeverde is available too. Any other older QB's out there?

Well, now that you mention it, Dan is at his playing weight thanks to NutriSystem.

I'd be all for it as long as it doesn't involve any draft picks. It would make no sense to give up a pick for him.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I agree with you guys that it doesn't seem like the best option, and draft picks certainly should not come into play in a trade for him, unless they were very low picks. But with Cameron and Shea's familiarity with him, it has to be considered at least a remote option. And even though Culpepper deserves to get a real chance at the starting gig, it can't be denied that the QB situation is still uncertain.

And just to add to the debate, even though he will be 37 years old, he has only played in the NFL for 9 years. This obviously does not diminish the fact that he is 37 years old, but it's not quite the same as Vinny.

jeez if youre gonna bring back the oldytimers, why not just bring back danny boy.

He's probably better than all of the QBs on our roster mentally but he's old and probably not worth it in the long term. It would be like having a smarter version of Gus Frerotte. I would rather stick with CPep because he's got more upside than any QB we could pick up in FA.

when are you guys going to stop believing the BS media and start accepting and imbracing the fact that we are set at the position with Daunte and cleo,

What do you need to get it,,All signs point to daunte being healthy with cams support,,,cleo is good and we should be grateful we have him to back uo daunte.

At the most we will draft some young kid in the later rounds.

Back
Top Bottom