Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

The offense that Cameron ran in SD, the offense Shea ran in Chicago, the offense Shea QB coached in KC requires accuracy from the QB more than anything else. Culpepper has never shown a high level of accuracy. Simply put, he may not fit the Dolphins new offensive scheme.

Assuming Quinn is drafted, the best thing for his maturation may be to wait on throwing him out there. It may be best to let him sit for a year and learn the nuances of the NFL and this offense. Word of out Kansas City is that Green knows this offense as well as Al Saunders did and probably better than current OC Mike Solari. What better way to expedite the process of getting the entire offense to understand the offense than having a leader in the lockerroom who knows it inside and out?

Acquiring Green could be a huge plus to this organization for years to come. Not necessarily this season or his play on the field, but his aid in teaching the offense to the o-line, WRs, RBs AND the QBOTF (Clem or Quinn).

That investment may be worth up to a 3rd round pick.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO. No more QB leftovers..........Its time to draft a QB for the future. I dont care how good someone is or how old he is.......How many times can we take leftovers......DRAFT A QB........Thats what needs to be done.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO. No more QB leftovers..........Its time to draft a QB for the future. I dont care how good someone is or how old he is.......How many times can we take leftovers......DRAFT A QB........Thats what needs to be done.

think about next year, who will be our QB? Lemon, Culpepper, maybe Quinn? do we really want to waste our top defense another year

No way in hell would I agree to a trade involving a 37 yr old QB who missed most of last season with a head injury.

No way

You know the more that happens the more it seems they are going to do whatever it takes to get Brady Quinn. Think about it Shea, Quinns trainer is hired as our Qb's coach, Talk about Harrington being released and Trent Green being signed whom Shea worked a great deal with in KC. So now just hypothetical but it would seem their next move will be to cut/trade Daunte, then draft Quinn have him sit the bench next year learning from the starting Trent Green and Shea then likely taking over in the 08 season.

You know the more that happens the more it seems they are going to do whatever it takes to get Brady Quinn. Think about it Shea, Quinns trainer is hired as our Qb's coach, Talk about Harrington being released and Trent Green being signed whom Shea worked a great deal with in KC. So now just hypothetical but it would seem their next move will be to cut/trade Daunte, then draft Quinn have him sit the bench next year learning from the starting Trent Green and Shea then likely taking over in the 08 season.

seems likely but nothing a lock, the Chiefs have to be willing to trade Green and I'm not sure they would be

we just can't learn.

but, to look on the bright side, I hope we take a look at anyone who could help the fanchise, but, hopefully never signing any more dinos.

He's probably better than all of the QBs on our roster mentally but he's old and probably not worth it in the long term. It would be like having a smarter version of Gus Frerotte. I would rather stick with CPep because he's got more upside than any QB we could pick up in FA.
Disagree. He's a better QB than DC. Obtaining Green would be logical if Cam and Mueller are going to invest in a young QB in the 1st or 2nd rd.
Green can play at high level for 1-2 yrs, then the franchise guy (hopefully Quinn) takes over. It's a well thought out scenario. If the Phins take Quinn, I don't see DC handling that move very well and he could become disgruntled.

I will seriously no exaggeration cream in my pants if that happens

Back
Top Bottom