Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

when are you guys going to stop believing the BS media and start accepting and imbracing the fact that we are set at the position with Daunte and cleo,

What do you need to get it,,All signs point to daunte being healthy with cams support,,,cleo is good and we should be grateful we have him to back uo daunte.

At the most we will draft some young kid in the later rounds.

How can anyone know if Daunte's healthy? And if Brady Quinn is sitting there at 9 (regardless of what people say), you mean to tell me you're going to pick someone else? If so, WHO?

Trent is just too old. We need to learn that we cannot acquire other teams rejects. We need to draft Quinn and build for the future. :rolleyes:

No thanks, we have C-Pep and are trying to re-sign Cleo. Not too mention we can draft a young QB.

It makes sense that if they let Harrington go they will want to find an insurance policy for next year. Not sure that Trent Green is a better insurance policy than Harrington though :lol:

If this rumor has legs the either DC or Lemon is headed to cutsville. I'm guessing it's just media B.S.

why in the world would we trade for an 37 yr old qb who is coming of a year which had him miss a whole lot of games due to a serious head injury?

I agree with your sentiment. It would be insanity to pay ANYTHING for Trent Green. The team needs to get younger, not older.

The Sun-Sentinel posted an article saying that a source at the NFL Scouting Combine said the Dolphins would have interest in acquiring Trent Green from Kansas City if he was placed on the trading block. Read that article here.

The Chiefs just re-signed Damon Huard to a 3 year $7.5 million contract, so if they were to consider trading Green, would he be a good fit for Miami? He has played for Cam Cameron in Washington, and new QB coach Terry Shea worked with Green for four of the past five seasons in Kansas City.

I'm of the belief that Culpepper should be given a true chance to succeed when fully healthy, but bringing in Trent Green is certainly an intriguing option. Green will be 37 going into next season, but he is still playing at a high level. Would you want the Phins to pursue a trade for Green if he was available?

I can't believe the Chiefs would be interested in dumping Green. Huard is mediocre at best. They can't go into the season with Huard as their #1. I don't know who their #3 is, but unless they pick up a solid starting capable QB, there's no way they dump Green...

i wouldnt mind having green sure he isnt the future but possibly if we get brady quinn or another qb in the draft he could be a good mentor for them. my take on this is that miami are aiming for a QB early on.

The Sun-Sentinel posted an article saying that a source at the NFL Scouting Combine said the Dolphins would have interest in acquiring Trent Green from Kansas City if he was placed on the trading block. Read that article here.

The Chiefs just re-signed Damon Huard to a 3 year $7.5 million contract, so if they were to consider trading Green, would he be a good fit for Miami? He has played for Cam Cameron in Washington, and new QB coach Terry Shea worked with Green for four of the past five seasons in Kansas City.

I'm of the belief that Culpepper should be given a true chance to succeed when fully healthy, but bringing in Trent Green is certainly an intriguing option. Green will be 37 going into next season, but he is still playing at a high level. Would you want the Phins to pursue a trade for Green if he was available?

I would give Kansas City a 5 or 4 next year for Green.

I know you guys are high on on Cleo Lemon, but let's say Culpepper comes out hot just as all(haters & lovers alike) are waiting on a miracle for, and leads us to a 6-2 start. Then, imagine Culpepper aggrivates his injury. Nothing major, but enough to keep him sidelined for 3 to 5 games. We need a QB who could come in and give us a great chance to remain in playoff contention. That guy, without a shadow of a doubt, could be Trent Green.

For a second day pick, I think you have to pull the trigger especially if you are thinking of trading the #9 pick regardless of whether Quinn falls or not(I'd rather draft Quinn).

Let's not even get into the very real possibility that Culpepper may play another horrid 4 games and have to sit again.

No. He's too old. He only has one or two seasons left. Better to see how Culppeper rehabs. If he doesn't, then I'd rather see us develop and give a shot to one of the younger qb's on our roster like Lemon, or potentially someone else depending on what we do this offseason...

Green would be a good option for a year or two, you guys are buying to much into this. he would simply be a stop gap player and he's a pro bowler at that, doesn't matter how old he is he is a true pocket passer and would help this team. for up to a 5th rounder I would do it, we are gonna draft Brady Quinn and have him sit behind Green. Culpepper's a goner, at this point keeping him is just a waste of money. not smart enough to be a Cameron type QB

let me add that adding Green would say that we want to win now and with the talent we have on defense that is a good approach, our defense is top of the league and not upgrading at QB would be wasting that talent on defense

Green would be a good option for a year or two, you guys are buying to much into this. he would simply be a stop gap player and he's a pro bowler at that, doesn't matter how old he is he is a true pocket passer and would help this team. for up to a 5th rounder I would do it, we are gonna draft Brady Quinn and have him sit behind Green. Culpepper's a goner, at this point keeping him is just a waste of money. not smart enough to be a Cameron type QB

I agree with your post 1000% over but careful, you're playing with fire.

Back
Top Bottom