Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

Green would be a good option for a year or two, you guys are buying to much into this. he would simply be a stop gap player and he's a pro bowler at that, doesn't matter how old he is he is a true pocket passer and would help this team. for up to a 5th rounder I would do it, we are gonna draft Brady Quinn and have him sit behind Green. Culpepper's a goner, at this point keeping him is just a waste of money. not smart enough to be a Cameron type QB

I don't want to start anything here but what do you mean he's not smart enough to be a Cameron type QB? Cameron recruited Randle-El at Indiana.

I don't want to start anything here but what do you mean he's not smart enough to be a Cameron type QB? Cameron recruited Randle-El at Indiana.

first off huge difference between a college QB and a pro QB. Randle El was smart enough to QB in college but not in pros, thus he's a WR now. and by smart enough I'm talking about his ability or inability to read defenses

The Sun-Sentinel posted an article saying that a source at the NFL Scouting Combine said the Dolphins would have interest in acquiring Trent Green from Kansas City if he was placed on the trading block. Read that article here.

The Chiefs just re-signed Damon Huard to a 3 year $7.5 million contract, so if they were to consider trading Green, would he be a good fit for Miami? He has played for Cam Cameron in Washington, and new QB coach Terry Shea worked with Green for four of the past five seasons in Kansas City.

I'm of the belief that Culpepper should be given a true chance to succeed when fully healthy, but bringing in Trent Green is certainly an intriguing option. Green will be 37 going into next season, but he is still playing at a high level. Would you want the Phins to pursue a trade for Green if he was available? I wrote a bit more extensively on this at my blog. Check that out. What do you guys think?

Trent Green is worse than Damon Huard. At best, he'd be no better than Gus Frerotte was. Seems the only coach he plays well for is Dick Vermeil. I think you might see him in Detroit though if that team wants more veteran backups in case Kitna falters. Plus, we'd have to trade for him which is a no no.

I'd try a trade a player rather then a pick. What is KC looking for?
Before he signed with Miami, KC wanted to sign Harrington. If the interest in Green is legit, perhaps a trade is in the works? :confused:

first off huge difference between a college QB and a pro QB. Randle El was smart enough to QB in college but not in pros, thus he's a WR now. and by smart enough I'm talking about his ability or inability to read defenses
Okay...but I'm going to disagree with you and leave it at that.

Okay...but I'm going to disagree with you and leave it at that.

thats fine I really don't want to get into another debate about Culpepper, been there done that

The Sun-Sentinel posted an article saying that a source at the NFL Scouting Combine said the Dolphins would have interest in acquiring Trent Green from Kansas City if he was placed on the trading block. Read that article here.

The Chiefs just re-signed Damon Huard to a 3 year $7.5 million contract, so if they were to consider trading Green, would he be a good fit for Miami? He has played for Cam Cameron in Washington, and new QB coach Terry Shea worked with Green for four of the past five seasons in Kansas City.

I'm of the belief that Culpepper should be given a true chance to succeed when fully healthy, but bringing in Trent Green is certainly an intriguing option. Green will be 37 going into next season, but he is still playing at a high level. Would you want the Phins to pursue a trade for Green if he was available? I wrote a bit more extensively on this at my blog. Check that out. What do you guys think?

That's a backup QB contract. I think Trent Green will still be the Chiefs starter when training camp starts.

If the Chiefs were interested in trading Green, it would be in some type of package to possibly move up in the draft for Quinn or to move him if they think Drew Stanton is their guy at 23.

Green is an experienced veteran who has played well in the past. He is crafty and smart and a good locker room influence. He is better than Shane Mathews, who is on our roster. I wouldn't mind having his as an insurance policy, and an extra coach on the field.

However, he is a short term backup solution. This could be his last year in the league. I wouldn't trade for him, but I may sign him if he's cut.

I seriously hope this rumor is not true. This would be Cameron's first mistake. Why would we want an old QB who is coming off a serious injury. Trent Green is a sneeze away from a concussion

Here are Trent Green stats through out the Year:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1599

Make sure you check them out.

I know we are all stuck on Cpep, but Green has only had two bad seasons in the NFL. Im against trading for other teams QBs, but Green is very underated.

One of his best seasons was in 1998 while playing for Norv and Camron coaching him as the QB's coach in Washington. This guy knows the Offense like the back of his hand. Green could be a great thing for this offense. He has played in this offense his whole career, first in Washington with Norv, then in St Louis and Kansas City with AL Saunders. He is better than Cpep and way underated. I would mind us aquiring Green and cutting Cpep at all.

Chiefs | Green on the trade market?
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:37:26 -0800
Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have called teams offering QB Trent Green in a trade, according to a source.

The offense that Cameron ran in SD, the offense Shea ran in Chicago, the offense Shea QB coached in KC requires accuracy from the QB more than anything else. Culpepper has never shown a high level of accuracy. Simply put, he may not fit the Dolphins new offensive scheme.

I bet you'd be surprise to know that Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Drew Brees and Trent Green.

I know we are all stuck on Cpep, but Green has only had two bad seasons in the NFL. Im against trading for other teams QBs, but Green is very underated.

One of his best seasons was in 1998 while playing for Norv and Camron coaching him as the QB's coach in Washington. This guy knows the Offense like the back of his hand. Green could be a great thing for this offense. He has played in this offense his whole career, first in Washington with Norv, then in St Louis and Kansas City with AL Saunders. He is better than Cpep and way underated. I would mind us aquiring Green and cutting Cpep at all.

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have called teams offering QB Trent Green in a trade, according to a source.

Green had some of the best pass protection you can ever get. Any team that trades anything more than garbage for him is moronic.

While I'm not against Green, I did see how he played after he returned from his concussion and he wasn't the same. It makes one think that he was still suffering the effects of the concussion.

Back
Top Bottom