Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

This is on KFFL too:

Chiefs | Green on the trade market?
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:37:26 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/143">Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have called teams offering QB Trent Green in a trade, according to a source.

Trent Green is worse than Damon Huard. At best, he'd be no better than Gus Frerotte was. Seems the only coach he plays well for is Dick Vermeil. I think you might see him in Detroit though if that team wants more veteran backups in case Kitna falters. Plus, we'd have to trade for him which is a no no.

:sidelol: :sidelol:
Huard is a barely serviceable NFL QB. Surely you can't be serious.

Just picture this scenario before jumping to any conclusions. Trade DC to the Raiders for their 2 or 3 next year, trade Welker to KC for Green, pick up a young QB in the 1 or 2 rd this year. Have Green, O'Sea and Cam mentor him and what have we done? What have we lost?

Trent Green is worse than Damon Huard. At best, he'd be no better than Gus Frerotte was. Seems the only coach he plays well for is Dick Vermeil. I think you might see him in Detroit though if that team wants more veteran backups in case Kitna falters. Plus, we'd have to trade for him which is a no no.

Check out his stats then your talking.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1599

Trent Green has been the most underated QB for years. He has had only two bad seasons and missed one season with an injury in fourteen years. Im sorry but this guy is being crusified in this post and it is not fair for a guy has been a good QB for years and nobody has ever given him the credit. Three 3,000 plus yds season, Three 4,000 yds plus season.TD to INT ration is 157 to 101 and QB rating of 87.5. Yet people say this guys sucks. Come on I dont want us giving away draft picks, but he is a better then DC.....

Just picture this scenario before jumping to any conclusions. Trade DC to the Raiders for their 2 or 3 next year, trade Welker to KC for Green, pick up a young QB in the 1 or 2 rd this year. Have Green, O'Sea and Cam mentor him and what have we done? What have we lost?

Ummm...why would KC trade their starting QB for only a backup WR?

The way it all played out last year, Huard was the better QB. The one who got them into the playoffs. Green just botched it and left the offense stagnant.

Check out his stats then your talking.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1599

Trent Green has been the most underated QB for years. He has had only two bad seasons and missed one season with an injury in fourteen years. Im sorry but this guy is being crusified in this post and it is not fair for a guy has been a good QB for years and nobody has ever given him the credit. Three 3,000 plus yds season, Three 4,000 yds plus season.TD to INT ration is 157 to 101 and QB rating of 87.5. Yet people say this guys sucks. Come on I dont want us giving away draft picks, but he is a better then DC.....

I'll admit he could be better than DC but if we have to give anything more than Michael Lehan for him, it's not worth it. And keep in mind, he's got some of the best pass protection ever with Orlando Pace and formerly Willie Roaf. Not to mention superb help by All Pro guys like Tony Gonzalez and Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson.

Dolphins interested in Trent Green?

The Dolphins would have interest in acquiring Kansas City's Trent Green if placed on the trading block by the Chiefs, a source said at the NFL Scouting Combine. Green played under Cam Cameron when both were with Washington from 1995 to 1998 and is familiar with Cameron's offensive system.

There are no indications Green is currently being shopped by Kansas City. But after re-signing quarterback Damon Huard to a three-year contract they may choose to part ways with Green.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/dolphins-interested-in-trent-green.html

i guess as a backup to DC. :hmmm:
But i hope not, he's one hit away from retirement :fogey:

Sorry if this has been posted already

If I would trade any WR for Green it would be Chambers, Welker was are leading reciever last year through out most of the year and is a great slot reciever...... Chambers disapeared in games and this isnt the first year he does it either through out the years he has been known for dissapearing in games....

I have to think there is no way the Phins would sign or trade for Green. There is no point to it.

He is not a QB with any future. Why not just save the cap room, keep daunte and draft a young QB.

Green is really not even close to enough of an upgrade.

and no one is giving us anything close to a 2nd rounder for duante right now

I have to think there is no way the Phins would sign or trade for Green. There is no point to it.

He is not a QB with any future. Why not just save the cap room, keep daunte and draft a young QB.

Green is really not even close to enough of an upgrade.

and no one is giving us anything close to a 2nd rounder for duante right now

Plus it gives us Two QB's with huge question marks.

1. Green with the concusions
2. Culpepper with the leg and not playing in two years.

:sidelol: yeah that so funny. i agree he cant be serious i mean Huard had 11 td 1 int in 10 games last season. :sidelol: :sidelol:

:rolleyes2

Green has had one concusion, and that was last year. I dont think he has had as many as let say Troy Aikman. I wouldnt mind seeing Trent Green, Cleo Lemon and Rookie QB

Back
Top Bottom