Phins have potential interest in Trent Green | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins have potential interest in Trent Green

Don't delete the thread. KFFL.com reports this item as well, and that KC is contacting interested teams. hmmmmm....who wears #10 next season? Mare, Green, or Brady Quinn?

You know the more that happens the more it seems they are going to do whatever it takes to get Brady Quinn. Think about it Shea, Quinns trainer is hired as our Qb's coach, Talk about Harrington being released and Trent Green being signed whom Shea worked a great deal with in KC. So now just hypothetical but it would seem their next move will be to cut/trade Daunte, then draft Quinn have him sit the bench next year learning from the starting Trent Green and Shea then likely taking over in the 08 season.

I was thinking the exact same thing.....Miami hires Shea as the QB coach and has worked with Quinn for a while.....hmm, makes you wonder if something is up.

Take the title of this thread and insert these three words after it,,,

NO THEY DON'T

why in the world would we trade for an 37 yr old qb who is coming of a year which had him miss a whole lot of games due to a serious head injury?

Maybe we're not all in love with Cleo as some are on this site and Joey flat out sucks. Jury's out on Cpep so why not bring in a pro bowler with a brain.

I honeslty think this is a huge mistake!

Why are we going after T. Green?

What is the trade value on Green? What could the Chiefs possibly ask for? I would only consider trading for Green if it were for a player we are planning to release (i.e., Joey Harrington, Seth McKinney, Bennie Anderson etc.) OR nothing more than a 6th rd pick.

Why not a Joey Harrington for Trent Green deal straight up?

Before he signed with Miami, KC wanted to sign Harrington. If the interest in Green is legit, perhaps a trade is in the works? :confused:

Good question.

Better question, I seriously doubt Cam will carry two over 30 veteran QB's. With Cleo tendered, is there a spot for DC?

Good question.

Better question, I seriously doubt Cam will carry two over 30 veteran QB's. With Cleo tendered, is there a spot for DC?
Good question, too. I don't know the answer. What I do know is that recovery from a serious concussion truly is just a matter of time. Recovery from a serious knee injury and subsequent surgery takes alot more than just time and comes with absolutely no guarantees.

Besides their age, I doubt either Culpepper or Green would be interested in a back-up position.

Trent green a Fin

Well the rumor is out there that Trent green will be traded or released and sign with the dolphins. Around the horn and PTI were talking about that today that B/c Cameron and green were familiar with each other in the Washington Redskin era that cameron will give him a shot, What do you guys think?

Would make almost no sense for us. I still say this is all pre-draft hype to try and throw teams off. I don't see us trading for him and if released (which I can't see why they'd just let him walk without getting nothing for him), then I'd only consider him if he was willing to take a lower $$ contract and realize he'd have to compete for the job. All that is a LOT of IF's, so I'm not buying regardless of how much hype surrounds this junk.

dont mind the sound of that, pick up green for like someone said a player were going to cut (with a big salary) maybe harrington, mckinney and anderson then we dont have to pay cap penalties when we relese them, draft quinn groom him under green, then trade daunte and booker. thoughts....

You know the more that happens the more it seems they are going to do whatever it takes to get Brady Quinn. Think about it Shea, Quinns trainer is hired as our Qb's coach, Talk about Harrington being released and Trent Green being signed whom Shea worked a great deal with in KC. So now just hypothetical but it would seem their next move will be to cut/trade Daunte, then draft Quinn have him sit the bench next year learning from the starting Trent Green and Shea then likely taking over in the 08 season.

believe it or not this makes perfect sense. it also says alot about cams belief in DC.
draft quinn and let green start the season. have green show quinn the ropes and get him ready to take over. if we are in the playoff hunt let green lead the way for the whole season, if not insert quinn around week 8- 10 to let him get his feet wet.
green could then move to back up for the rest of his career.
this shows 2 things that KC believes in brodie cryole.
and that DC is not as safe as some believe.

DC must be ready to throw a fit,yet another guy that could cause his release. green would be brought in to tutor a young guy and be a stop gap player. this isnt a move that would be a long term solution

I like the sound of this. :D

Bring in Green to mentor Quinn and have Cleo as backup.

Edit - Ah just read the post above me. You read my mind.

Back
Top Bottom