***Phins/Niners Post Game Discussion*** | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Phins/Niners Post Game Discussion***

I hated the safety play today. Rowe played too deep on that TD to CMC. Holland celebrating a 4th and 1 QB sneak stop instead of finishing the play so they couldn’t get it on the second effort.

Hill missed a key block on a Mostert run.

Refs with the phantom holding call and the Gesicki non catch.

Tua with his bizarre accuracy of throwing high passes today over Waddle and Hill I think he had happy feet and psyched himself out with the Oline vs Dline battle.

Gonna be honest
Over the last fives weeks although I liked what I saw I still knew it was against really bad teams and defenses
I want Tua to be the guy but I wasn’t 100% sold. I saw him against a top defense like we saw today and it remains the same

Im a Tua supporter but I’m concerned

Although it’s one tough defense, I’m still waiting to judge him by the end of the season

But today, he really **** the bed and there’s no way around it

Umm he was in position to make a GW drive if it wasn’t for Gesickis weird catch and the phantom refs not letting Miami run the play.

Umm he was in position to make a GW drive if it wasn’t for Gesickis weird catch and the phantom refs not letting Miami run the play.
Yep, but with all the chances we had we should not even have been in that position

It's hard to have faith in Tua when he so readily admits he loses confidence in himself. You think Dan Marino ever looked in a mirror and said "Do I suck?"
Alternatively, do you think he looks in the mirror and says "I give a **** whether Chitownphin28 has faith in me?"?

At least we can all look at This TD and the first pass TD to Sherfield as something.

I dont care what he does next week. He played great today, period. He had many opportunities to fail; to be innacurate or slow. He didnt. He made good throws. Deserves credit.
Sure Purdy deserves credit for making some plays and managing the game well after Jimmy went down but if you don’t think there is a drop off from the 49er’s starter the last few years with trips to the Super Bowl and NFC championship game to a 7th round rookie who had barely practiced or prepared for us all week I’m not sure what to tell you. Just saying you don’t think Jimmy would have done any better may be your opinion but it’s not based on any empirical evidence or reality.

We caught a break with Jimmy’s injury but couldn’t make them pay. If our offense wasn’t so inept the first half after the first scoring play and we have 17 to 20 points in the first half we could have made it much more difficult on him. Opportunity missed, oh well.

Charger game super important now as I just don’t see us winning at Buffalo or even NE on the road in Dec/Jan. Been watching this team for decades and we just never come through in those spots. Need to beat LA and hold serve at home against Pack and Jets at this point to secure wild card spot and at least have a chance in the dance.

In the Houston 2nd half and the 49er game, the defenses' plan was to drop the LBs deep and to keep the Safeties in the middle to close that gap that Tua had been using all season. The result was these high passes to Waddle because Tua had to be perfect dropping the ball over those deep backers. One of the ways to beat that is what we did yesterday, too late of course, was going deep middle. Also, against Houston, Hill ran a real shallow cross. That play wouldn't work if the backers were playing straight. But they flew back giving Hill room. My point being that the defenses are adjusting instead of getting beat constantly by those middle shots. But Mikey and Tua have counters. Just have to adjust.

I was surprised how SF stacked the box for this game. There were 8 in the box the entire night and that is probably why McDanial passed so much. What really frustrated me were those horrific tic tac penalties on critical plays that either extended SF drives or stopped ours. Also our defense playing soft zone against a backup QB knowing he was going to dink and dunk was infuriating. No idea what Boyer was thinking, Miami's defense has been a liability most of the season and mainly because of scheme.

Sure Purdy deserves credit for making some plays and managing the game well after Jimmy went down but if you don’t think there is a drop off from the 49er’s starter the last few years with trips to the Super Bowl and NFC championship game to a 7th round rookie who had barely practiced or prepared for us all week I’m not sure what to tell you. Just saying you don’t think Jimmy would have done any better may be your opinion but it’s not based on any empirical evidence or reality.

We caught a break with Jimmy’s injury but couldn’t make them pay. If our offense wasn’t so inept the first half after the first scoring play and we have 17 to 20 points in the first half we could have made it much more difficult on him. Opportunity missed, oh well.

Charger game super important now as I just don’t see us winning at Buffalo or even NE on the road in Dec/Jan. Been watching this team for decades and we just never come through in those spots. Need to beat LA and hold serve at home against Pack and Jets at this point to secure wild card spot and at least have a chance in the dance.
I tend to agree with you. I just don’t see us coming through in certain games because I have watched team for decades and they never seem to come through.

I will say that if they can beat chargers and win one more game. There is good chance 10 gets you in this year. Unless a team like the raiders win out and we are only at 10 as well. Obviously better to win 11 or more. But we stacked wins. And if we beat the chargers. They really can’t catch us.

Then it would be us jets bengals as wc with pats having a shot. But they have cards raiders us bengals and bills. Who knows how many they win and if they can get to 10 wins.

Chargers is must win. I kinda chuckled when some were worried about number 1 seed and stuff. These last 6 weeks are tough. It’s going to be challenge just getting wc

Back
Top Bottom