***Phins/Niners Post Game Discussion*** | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Phins/Niners Post Game Discussion***

if we still had their first round pick i'd be more upset that we let them get that win.

so glad we parlayed that into a big Chubb.

We are not winning out but I’ll look forward to your “everything went wrong” excuses and we were still in it on the road and in the snow and yada yada.

I don't make excuses. Stick to the last two words of your post.

Man, with fans like some of you all - who needs enemies? Win 4 in a row, having an amazing season - and then one loss and you all sound just like some of the worst dolphins haters out there. Just sad.
I have to agree with this. People are entitled to their opinions and all, but the whole "the sky is falling" narrative after this game is completely unwarranted.

Realistically the Offense failed to score enough in the first half enough to put pressure on the backup QB. If you put him down 2 scores he feels the pressure more than him getting the TD at the end of the half giving him confidence.

Yep, but with all the chances we had we should not even have been in that position
Surprised to hear this from you Easy...we found ourselves in this position and tried our best to find the "road" to a win. We were still in a good position to actually win that game by 1 point with just a few minutes left and then Mike Gesicki did not make the catch. One should never use the argument that we should have never been in a position that one finds themselves in...it is inherently illogical. "I'm heading out to the highway - I got nothing to lose at all!"

One of those days where very few things went right.

Tua was uncharacteristically inaccurate. Seemed amped up. Honestly a few on the team did. Also was not impressed with the coverage adjustments to a rookie QB.

Just tip the hat to the 9ers and move on.

Tua IMO was rushing his throws a bit faster w/o Armstead in there.

I watched the replay again last night. I know the Dolphins played horribly, but those two phantom calls really screwed us.

- PI on third down on Purdy’s first drive that a) led to a TD but also b) gave him confidence.
- Holding on Moesterts run to the 15 that led to Tua’s first INT

If those calls are made correctly, we win that game. I know, I know you can say you shouldn’t be in a position where calls and determine the outcome, but we were and they did and it really sucks.

Tua was off, was he overthinking, choking or a tender ankle? You need a running game for days like this and we do not have one yet.
The defense played well enough to win and talent wise close to top 10 but imo Boyer is less talented than this defense. We are not great tackling and that's coaching.
Special teams played OK but gave up some yards and need a better coaching also.
3 calls affected this game a bunch, the holding call on Hunt on that long run was bad, Kadou pass interference looked weak on 3rd down and the late hit out of bounds in Waddle. There was a choke hold on one of our running backs that the refs just watched. We probably still loose but it's all about momentum.
Also Mike G should be catching more balls he is a weapon that McDaniel refuses to use

Surprised to hear this from you Easy...we found ourselves in this position and tried our best to find the "road" to a win. We were still in a good position to actually win that game by 1 point with just a few minutes left and then Mike Gesicki did not make the catch. One should never use the argument that we should have never been in a position that one finds themselves in...it is inherently illogical. "I'm heading out to the highway - I got nothing to lose at all!"
What I meant was that we had so many opportunities to put the game away in the first half and wouldn’t have been in the situation of being behind in the fourth quarter

I don't make excuses. Stick to the last two words of your post.
Well you did make excuses, almost everything from the start went wrong and ....

Nevertheless, I certainly hope you are right. How about we win out and I'll buy you a goat, Goat. You'll have free milk for a while.

Back
Top Bottom