Phins Potential FA Targets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Potential FA Targets

Its obvious that we are building thru the draft. But when you have a DECLINING LT who's going to command the same amount of $ as NMANDI wouldnt you rather pay the player that's at the more critical position??? Just like many poster's on here say you dont need an ELITE LT to win the superbowl. But you need an Elite CB or at least a little below ELITE to win the superbowl. Let's see a quick comparison:

Superbowl 2012- LT David Diehl CB Corey Webster (NY Giants)
Superbowl 2011- LT Brian Bulaga CB Charles Woodson/ Tramon Williams (GB Packers)
Superbowl 2010- LT Jermone Bushrod CB Jabari Greer/ Tracy Porter (who won the game for them) (NO Saints)
Superbowl 2009- LT Max Starks CB Ike Taylor (Pitt Steelers)

Point is you dont need an ELITE LT to win the superbowl. You do however need someone who can cover their number 1 wr. CB has more of an impact on wins and losses than a left tackle does. If you dont like NMANDI we can say Patrick Peterson. Would that help you understand a bit better? Just stating a point dude. Nmandi will never see the beaches of south florida unless he's on vacation.
Where did I post somewhere that I wanted us to sign Jake Long at an enormous figure? Where and how did you come up with that? I don't want EITHER at that price tag. Build through the draft (once again). If we're going to get rid of Jake it's going to be for a pick not another high priced player.

Where did I post somewhere that I wanted us to sign Jake Long at an enormous figure? Where and how did you come up with that? I don't want EITHER at that price tag. Build through the draft (once again). If we're going to get rid of Jake it's going to be for a pick not another high priced player.

I WAS ASSUMING THE FACT THAT IF IT CAME DOWN TO RESIGNING JAKE OR TRADING FOR NMANDI AND TAKING HIS SALARY ON. iF WE BOTH AGREED UPON THE FACT THAT WERE WERENT GOING TO RETAIN JAKE THEN THIS CONVO WOULD BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. i ALSO DONT WANT TO PAY JAKE THAT ABSURD AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT HE'S GOING TO WANT. BUT PLAYER FOR PLAYER ID TAKE NMANDI. IF WE DONT RESIGN JAKE THEN BUILD THRU DRAFT. NOW WE COMPREHEND EACHOTHER CORRECT? :up:

Nmandi tackles like a little girl, and his cover skills have diminished. Long is no where near what he was, and not a VG Philbin fit. No way I pay either one around $11M. I would have to be "as drunk as drunk can be" to go for either deal. :)

I very much like the idea of signing a guy like Volmer at RT, paying him around $6M (like what Winston got), and spend the money on one of the Big 3 WR's to help Tanny.

Anyone notice WR's helping, just a bit, to make a SB run? :)

If we follow the direction taken by Green Bay every year, some of you may be very dissapointed.We are more than likely to sign the FA's the team is interested in keeping and be almost completely inactive in the signing of other teams FA's.We will almost soley draft and develope these picks.My brother, who is a huge Packer fan, is often very uninspired during the offseason but is very happy with the team that is fielded by the orginization. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Well you cannot have it both ways unless you are the Pats who can seem to get anyone they want and usually for mid to late round draft picks like Randy Moss - others haven't faired so well CJ - can't blame them for trying

GB won't overpay and that's there cardinal rule

That extra 2nd and extra 3rd - suggest that we will pick a CB and an OT to either play LT or Martin will slide LT

With our other three picks in place we can double up on a CB and still draft impact players DE/OLB and WR

That extra 2nd and extra 3rd - suggest that we will pick a CB and an OT to either play LT or Martin will slide LT

With our other three picks in place we can double up on a CB and still draft impact players DE/OLB and WR
Not as easy as it sounds.

I'm hoping that we can fill two needs in FA, and sign most of our own. That's not a whole lot to ask for. At this point, WR and a guy on the OL appear to be our best chances. IF we cannot fill two needs in FA, I don't see the draft being able to do it.

Of the 5 quality picks in the first 3 rounds, we would be lucky in finding two player who will make an impact next year.

i dont see us bringing in any high end FA next year or any of the years Phiblin is coach.i think we will find some cheaper talent and try to build through the draft.there will be no Wallaces ,Bow or Clady type players eating up cap space .matter of fact we might even see some of our own FA players leave due to them wanting big $$$$.
LONG
BUSH
SMITH
2 out of the 3 will be gone, bank it

i dont see us bringing in any high end FA next year or any of the years Phiblin is coach.i think we will find some cheaper talent and try to build through the draft.there will be no Wallaces ,Bow or Clady type players eating up cap space .matter of fact we might even see some of our own FA players leave due to them wanting big $$$$.
LONG
BUSH
SMITH
2 out of the 3 will be gone, bank it

Guess you missed the new CBA rules. All teams are going to have to spend at least 90% of the cap. No team can just build through the draft, and not spend. Where and how we spend will be very interesting. Philbin did not have to deal with this in GB.

I was just about to that bro, the money has to go somewhere!! It's either we keep our guys or we sign some others or a lil bit of both.

If we follow the direction taken by Green Bay every year, some of you may be very dissapointed.We are more than likely to sign the FA's the team is interested in keeping and be almost completely inactive in the signing of other teams FA's.We will almost soley draft and develope these picks.My brother, who is a huge Packer fan, is often very uninspired during the offseason but is very happy with the team that is fielded by the orginization. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

somebody gets it.

Back
Top Bottom