**Phins/Raiders Post Game... | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Phins/Raiders Post Game...

I said GAMES. I think we’re going to make the playoffs. Do I think we will have multiple playoff games? Well, that all depends on how well we finish the regular season. If we get the #2 seed and can potentially have multiple home games, then I think we can progress. #1 seed? Of course we can progress. If we somehow find a way to drop to a WC spot and have to go on the road, I’m less confident in getting more than one game.

So, winning every week during the regular season to secure a high seed is much more important to me than just “getting healthy for the playoffs.”
Well we won, and we gave Hunt, Smythe, etc another week to heal.

What's the big complaint? That you prefer your judgement on the pros and cons rather than McDs judgment?

One big difference is that he has the benefit of real time, expert knowledge from team doctors and training staff, as well as seeing them every day at practice.

None of us have the same high level info. Let's not act like we do.

Round and round we go. We continue to win while playing conservatively with injuries because we are playing teams we are supposed to win.

You continue with this concept that we need to push our players. I mean, do you see them talking to the media that they’re frustrated with the coach holding them out… or is this an issue that a few fans in this forum made up? Seems like the latter.

And you’re right, I want us to play multiple playoff games… and most of think we will achieve that by being healthy for the most important games, that we will achieve that by being conservative with injuries against the lighter part of the schedule, that we will achieve that to be healthy in weeks 15-16-17 and into the playoffs.

Did you miss the part that Jalen Ramsay is back like literally 6 weeks early? You think this staff is holding players out unnecessarily?

This is an issue that is not being discussed anywhere else except here because it’s not an actual real issue.
You see this is why I said originally “we will not agree on this.”

You keep mentioning games we‘re “supposed to win” and “lighter part of the schedule.” It almost sounds like you’re making my point for me. This is the NFL. You don’t take an opponent lightly and believe that you can rest guys longer because you’re facing an inferior opponent. It’s a stupid strategy.

And I do recall X saying he wasn’t missing the Eagles game. And McD constantly says guys are telling him that they want to play and they’re ready. I mean we basically have McD telling us he’s holding guys out longer than necessary. Reading between the lines, he’s admitted it. He said Achane was cleared to return yesterday, but it “wasn‘t fair“ to put him back in the game. We had Connor Williams active and didn’t play him. Etc etc.

What's the big complaint? That you prefer your judgement on the pros and cons rather than McDs judgment?

One big difference is that he has the benefit of real time, expert knowledge from team doctors and training staff, as well as seeing them every day at practice.

Which is all well and good….until we don’t win.

McD has proven that his judgment is to be extremely conservative with injuries. If you support that, it’s OK. My feeling is that when Connor Williams is healthy enough to be active, I want him playing and protecting my franchise QB. If (and I don’t have evidence either way and I’m not proclaiming that I do) Robert Hunt can go, I want him to go because I value having our best blockers protecting our QB.

It’s an opinion. If you disagree, it’s OK with me.

Which is all well and good….until we don’t win.

McD has proven that his judgment is to be extremely conservative with injuries. If you support that, it’s OK. My feeling is that when Connor Williams is healthy enough to be active, I want him playing and protecting my franchise QB. If (and I don’t have evidence either way and I’m not proclaiming that I do) Robert Hunt can go, I want him to go because I value having our best blockers protecting our QB.

It’s an opinion. If you disagree, it’s OK with me.
Awesome. I'm glad we can agree it's an opinion.

The way you were posting gave me the impression that you think McD is a moronic asshat that has no clue what he is doing with roster management.

Some posters are just spoiled by what the Dolphins offense did early in the season. The fact is professional defenses are very capable of coming up with game plans that limit the effectiveness of even the best offenses in the league.

The Chiefs are the defending SB champions, yet they had scored 19 fewer TD’s than the Dolphins going into this weekend. That is with an offense which has the best QB in the game today.

The fact is the Dolphins didn’t play their best offensive game today but they still won the game and put up over 400 yards of offense against a very good Raiders defense.

Enjoy the win instead of complaining that it wasn’t the blowout some of you might have expected.

Agree. Going back decades, it seems games against the Raiders and Chargers that anything can happen.

Awesome. I'm glad we can agree it's an opinion.

The way you were posting gave me the impression that you think McD is a moronic asshat that has no clue what he is doing with roster management.
Not at all. Never said anything remotely close to “McD is a moronic asshat.”

We can disagree with certain play calls, just like we can disagree with not playing Connor Williams when he’s active.

I agree with most of this. But I do think he's being conservative, probably because he has more faith in his defense now and doesn't mind winning 20-13 instead of 45-13. Having said that, they reported on the broadcast that the trainer cleared Achane to return. We were in a one score game but yet Achane didn't return. I hope it's because Mike believes we don't need to be at full strength to beat some of these teams and he wants to be at full strength in week 16 and on. I don't have a problem with it. I think that's a good thing that he thinks his team is so good. But, bottom line is he is being conservative with some of these returns. Nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

What was the nature of Achane's injury when he limped off the field early in the game? What did he say to the trainer or to McD? What did the trainer say to McD? With Achane clearly having some knee discomfort, was he still a better choice over Mostert?

Lots of speculation going on without knowing much.

Back
Top Bottom