**Phins/Raiders Post Game... | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Phins/Raiders Post Game...

I’m definitely not getting overly excited about 7-3 strictly because we were 8-3 last season before everything fell apart.

But, I truly believe that this team should reach 11-3 before the final difficult 3-game stretch. We just should not lose to teams quarterbacked by a Wilson/Boyle, Levis, or Howell.

If we get to 11-3, I will allow myself to get overly excited.
I'm not big on telling people when they should or shouldn't be excited about anything.

7-3 is awesome and this feels different but also there is a lot that reminds many of us about seasons past, including last years, that gives us concern. we have been playing mistake riddled football for a month and we absolutely have the talent to clean it up it's just a matter of will we.

starting Friday would be a great spot

fins up

Offense was humming in the 1st half - just had 3 awful, drive-ending plays.

The drive with Hill on the bench was illuminating imo. Hill is amazing, and Tua is amazing at getting him the ball when no one else could, but sometimes I think the focus on Hill takes him out of rhythm a bit. On the drive without Hill, he made good throw after good throw.

The D was outstanding, and Ramsey is the best DB in the NFL.
So LBs are dropping deep to take away intermediate middle, we don't trust our guards to run inside as a counter, and running outside zone gives too much time for LBs to react. Screen game has been lackluster as well. What about more drag routes? Run reek or waddle on a drag, and if you want to get crazy, use a TE on a crossing route as a post-catch blocker (a la the Ahmed TD this week) for even more RAC opp. This blocker can occupy 2 defenders essentially with perfect timing due to momentum; I think we are precise enough as an offense to try it. Use the other WRs deep/intermediate to keep the LB s occupied. I really don't recall seeing drags used much but it attacks the short area with potential big play payoff

Back
Top Bottom