Votes: 15 32.6%
  • RB Zach Charbonnet UCLA

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • TE Darnell Washington Georgia

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • CB Emmanuel Forbes Mississippi State

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Same for the Ohio State guy Dawand Jones. I’d happily take either, so much better than anyone we have at right tackle.
Both are probably better, but may or may not be there at our 2nd. To me I would probably go Washington at TE in the second. Then I like Oluwatimi is say that 3rd comp pick (SF) or the 4th. Then go and find a solid vet (not real high prices) at RT. Olu is NFL ready and good at moving. Plug him in at Center, kick Williams to LG. As I mentioned TE is very important in the block game in this O. So big block up grade at TE. Olu at C I like and then Williams big upgrade at LG sending Eich to the pine.

I'd definitely go with either Drew Sanders or Darnell Wright. Both are great but to be honest I don't see either of them being at our pick.

I voted for position LB rather than knowing much about any of these guys

Which i understand, our LBs clearly stink but the bar will be very low when it comes to replacing them, shouldn’t be as difficult as finding a quality OT or CB, those guys don’t fall out of trees. If you can solve a long term problem at one of those two positions, you have to do that before a LB.

You can sign a guy like Levonte David for a year, who’s still playing at a high level. Let’s take a cue from the Eagles and find vets on short term deals to plug holes.

Last edited:
I don’t follow college football so I don’t know anything about any of these prospects but the positions that would make the most sense at that spot in the draft would have to be TE, RB, and LB. But of course it will come down to the quality of the prospect themselves.

Which i understand, our LBs clearly stink but the bar will be very low when it comes to replacing them, shouldn’t be as difficult as finding a quality OT or CB, those guys don’t fall out of trees. If you can solve a long term problem at one of those two positions, you have to do that before a LB.

You can sign a guy like Levonte David for a year, who’s still playing at a high level. Let’s take a cue from the Eagles and find vets on short term deals to plug holes.
I'm curious here...

How much do you think David would cost per year?

I'm curious here...

How much do you think David would cost per year?

Realistically $8-$9M on a 1 year deal. Outside shot at $6M if he really wants to be somewhere, which might be manageable. Given his consistency I’d have no problem with a two year deal.

I don’t suspect any of the teams with major cap space will be sniffing around.

Bears, Falcons, Texans no interest at all form either side.

Giants have more pressing issues to consume their time and cap space to start FA.

Ravens unlikely. Bengals, that’s a strong possibility. I’d be drawn to them if I were LD. Very good shot at a title.

Seattle, New England….why?

Lions and Cards? Maybe Detroit, they are up and coming in a weak division. Cards, nah.

Returning to Tampa seems unlikely too but he’s the kind of player the Eagles would sign to a one year deal.

If he draws a lot of interest I’m not taking too much time talking to him. If he just wants the biggest payday possible, I’d say all the best. Can’t blame him for that.

If he wants to fit into an ideal situation and a legit shot, we’re that team.

Last edited:
Realistically $8-$9M on a 1 year deal. Outside shot at $6M if he really wants to be somewhere, which might be manageable. With his consistency I’d have no problem with a two year deal.

I don’t suspect any of the teams with major cap space will be sniffing around.

Bears, Falcons, Texans no interest at all form either side.

Giants have more pressing issues to consume their time and cap space to start FA.

Ravens unlikely. Bengals, that’s a strong possibility. I’d be drawn to them if I were LD. Very good shot at a title.

Seattle, New England….why?

Lions and Cards? Maybe Detroit, they are up and coming in a weak division. Cards, nah.

Returning to Tampa seems unlikely too but he’s the kind of player the Eagles would sign to a one year deal.

If he draws a lot of interest I’m not taking too much time talking to him.
Sportrac has his value at 9.7M/year. So, I'm going to suggest that you are being pretty optimistic here, but for 6, I'd certainly consider it.

I'd still rather go with a rook.

Sportrac has his value at 9.7M/year. So, I'm going to suggest that you are being pretty optimistic here, but for 6, I'd certainly consider it.

I'd still rather go with a rook.

I don’t know that there will be that many teams eager to pay him this off season. You’d expect he’d want to go to a contender but he could just as easily chase the biggest paycheck possible. If your going to sign with us, you gotta sign for less.

I expect we’ll draft a LB, I just wouldn’t consider it ahead of CB, OT or TE if my grade supports it at 51.

I don’t know that there will be that many teams eager to pay him this off season. You’d expect he’d want to go to a contender but he could just as easily chase the biggest paycheck possible. If your going to sign with us, you gotta sign for less.

I expect we’ll draft a LB, I just wouldn’t consider it ahead of CB, OT or TE if my grade supports it at 51.
Depends on whether he is a Suh type, I guess. Will he hold out for the most money, or try to fit himself onto a playoff-bound team?

I gotta tell you though, I am NO FAN of signing older LBs to bigger money deals; like RBs, they tend to be really fragile as they age.

That said... there aren't a lot of MLB type LBs that I like in this year's draft at 51. To me, it is Sanders or bust there, although, there are a few that I like lower down.

Ranking how confident I am that they won't be there at 51:

Hyatt - should go Top 20 - elite at creating separation, elite speed, very good hands, and he dominated the SEC (big deal)
Wright - looks like a starting OT pretty early
Duncan - looks pretty good and is projected to do really well at the Combine
Washington - useful skillset, high floor due to blocking, high ceiling due to physical tools

- - -

Sanders could be there. Curious to see how he'd fit, assuming Fangio is the DC

Forbes is really good, but he looks slow, and I'm seeing him projected to run in the high 4.5's

Charbonnet is pretty good. Breaks tackles and has some juice

I love a lot of the names on this list but went with Sanders (after a long look at Washington) because of how much he’d upgrade our ILB unit. He’s basically an immediate upgrade over Roberts but with more range.

I’d leave Williams at center. Our 3 higher picks I’m looking at OT, LB, CB, TE, RB. Take BPA at one of our positions of need. I am not worried about interior OL.
My issue with taking a tackle is we don't have a pick high enough for a legitimate day 1 starting tackle. After QB, tackles are overdrafted the most. Hell we have do it a lot already. Legitimate 1st rounders were gone when we picked AJ, he was more 2nd round as a bit of a project. The trade up for Eich was just flat dumb. Could of stayed put drafted Cush at C. Think of the line if we did that. LT through RG would be set. We are in a win now mode. You can find a starting C/G later then tackle. Especially C a guy like Olu who has been in college 5 years and show he can go from one system to the next and play. To me draft a G/C hope to get Eich out and sign a solid vet to compete at RT. Plus if you got Williams at TE that is a massive blocker who can help out the RT at times.

My issue with taking a tackle is we don't have a pick high enough for a legitimate day 1 starting tackle. After QB, tackles are overdrafted the most. Hell we have do it a lot already. Legitimate 1st rounders were gone when we picked AJ, he was more 2nd round as a bit of a project. The trade up for Eich was just flat dumb. Could of stayed put drafted Cush at C. Think of the line if we did that. LT through RG would be set. We are in a win now mode. You can find a starting C/G later then tackle. Especially C a guy like Olu who has been in college 5 years and show he can go from one system to the next and play. To me draft a G/C hope to get Eich out and sign a solid vet to compete at RT. Plus if you got Williams at TE that is a massive blocker who can help out the RT at times.
Lower round Linemen are rarely ready early, even the top rated guys seem to struggle more often than not. With our limited resources, I just don't see it this year.
I have been wrong before, but I really think we stand pat this year-- only bringing in Shell-type veterans and reclamation projects.

Thoughts on Josh Wylie of Cincinnati as a later round tight end?

Back
Top Bottom