Picture this... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Picture this...

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Alright guys look at this..we let go Ogun for a 1st and 3rd we draft Philip Rivers and Michael Clayton...we then have Chambers (#1) Clayton (#2) and Minnis(#3) then we have Mcmichael...thats a damn good offense there. With Philip leading the team and a good passing game to go with Ricky and if we keep our damn good defense intact and use the other picks etc to upgrade the line I see a MUCH better year. We would definately be ready for the WIN NOW.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Alright guys look at this..we let go Ogun for a 1st and 3rd we draft Philip Rivers and Michael Clayton...we then have Chambers (#1) Clayton (#2) and Minnis(#3) then we have Mcmichael...thats a damn good offense there. With Philip leading the team and a good passing game to go with Ricky and if we keep our damn good defense intact and use the other picks etc to upgrade the line I see a MUCH better year. We would definately be ready for the WIN NOW.

Philip wouldn't be leading it however.....but I like how things are shaping up ;).

The Key is the line.

The truth is, with the players we have now, we could probably go to the Superbowl if only we had a good offensive line.

While improving QB, and WR is a must, if we don't improve the O-line more above all we won't go anywhere.

Compare the Panthers offense to ours. What's the difference?
The O-line.

True but i honestly dont think we could get it done with 1 WR...the others are crap...if we used Gadsden alot more I think wed have been much more successful in the passing game but for some reason Norv NEVER used him.

Because Gadsden is not that great anymore. You think he would blindly use someone else ahead of Gadsen?

Last edited by a moderator:
i know one thing you need to learn how to spell his name...and the first down he played he caught a 1stdown...he is a sure handed catch, always has been, and almost every tmie he was thrown into the mix he made something happen, the problem is he only got a shot at making a play like 4 times.

Will you shut up. The sheer amount of grammar mistakes you make and you point that out to me. Oh by the way between 1st and down there should be a space.

Ya lovely he caught what three balls? He is not a viable option anymore to take pressure off of Chambers.

The difference between your mistakes and mine is im just too lazy, you however spelled his name wrong. If thats the only mistake you caught out of my last post then I laugh. :lol:

i know one thing you need to learn how to spell his name...and the first down he played he caught a 1stdown...he is a sure handed catch, always has been, and almost every tmie he was thrown into the mix he made something happen, the problem is he only got a shot at making a play like 4 times.

While he's my favorite player, OG will NEVER be a #2 WR...not one that puts fear in defenses anyway. He just don't have the tools. He has GREAT hands and will take a beating for ya to get the 1st down...he's just not the deep threat.

What are you talking about. Go laugh. Your just too lazy? I don't give a damn! You picked out my mistake I will pick out yours. I also love your tmie for time.

Unfortunately, none of those guys open running lanes or pass block.

Nothing against these players but, to be honest, that offense SUCKS b/c there's no O-line! It was the OL that ultimately did in our offense more than any other.

With an OL this could be good in a few years. Rivers will not be a great QB, nor even an efficient, experienced QB for at least a couple of years. I don't have problems drafting him, but by the time he's ready to play, we'll need to rebuild the defense.

If you are interested in correct spelling you may want to know ... it's DefinItely, not DefinAtely (see your first post - it's an all too common error). And, given the location of the keys, it's not a "typo." :D ;)

yeah but who cares if we have to rebuild the D alot of those guys will last another 5-10 years, If we get Philip who cares if we need to start rebuilding our D we will by then have a good offense and a solid D still most likely (missing a few key positions but nothing that couldnt be replaced quickly) Even if we have to wait a couple years it doesnt matter Philip is just getting out of college, he has a very long career ahead of him, the time is not an issue

yeah but who cares if we have to rebuild the D alot of those guys will last another 5-10 years, If we get Philip who cares if we need to start rebuilding our D we will by then have a good offense and a solid D still most likely (missing a few key positions but nothing that couldnt be replaced quickly) Even if we have to wait a couple years it doesnt matter Philip is just getting out of college, he has a very long career ahead of him, the time is not an issue

I agree that drafting Rivers is a great idea. I'd love to have him and hope he's the next Marino.

What I'd like to do, if we were able to get a 1 for Ogun, is draft a dominant blocker, and try to pick up a WR in free agency or the draft.

In a perfect world (mine, of course! ;) ) I would like to see the following:

1) Cut - Ruddy, Perry, McKnight, Thompson, Griese, Fiedler, and renegotiate some of the bigger D salaries to get as far under the cap as possible.

2) Sign a FA QB (Brunell? Kitna?), Sign one or two FA OL's, and a FA WR (mid-level).

3) Ogun signs with another team, we get an extra 1st, at least, and we draft Rivers and another OL (if Shawn Andrews is available) in round 1, otherwise draft a WR.

I think the heart of the offense is an offensive line. It's amazing how good a strong OL can make the skill position guys look (like at Carolina).

Back
Top Bottom