Picture this... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Picture this...

This is a guarntee, Phillip Rivers will be the starter openingday and by the way our recieving core has 4 great receivers if we have

1.chambers
2.a good draft pick or a good free agent
3.j.r. tolver
4.snoop
5.gasden
6.mcmicheal

plus we can roll ricky out of the backfield sometimes and yes if we can get a decent offenseive line theres no reason why anyone should be able to stop us next year.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
True but i honestly dont think we could get it done with 1 WR...the others are crap...if we used Gadsden alot more I think wed have been much more successful in the passing game but for some reason Norv NEVER used him.

Phinfan31 I agree with you Gadsden may not be a 1 or 2 wr but this guy can catch anything that you throw at him. He has got great hands you throw it near him he will get it he plays with alot of energy. Me and my dad were talking about the dolphins not using him more after they signed him. Face it he has not slowed down he just don't playing time. People can't say he aint good they did'nt play him.

Maybe there is a reason they didn't play him???

Originally posted by dolfan34
This is a guarntee, Phillip Rivers will be the starter openingday and by the way our recieving core has 4 great receivers if we have

1.chambers
3.j.r. tolver
4.snoop
5.gasden
6.mcmicheal

plus we can roll ricky out of the backfield sometimes and yes if we can get a decent offenseive line theres no reason why anyone should be able to stop us next year.

So you're saying you GUARANTEE Phil Rivers will be the opening day starter?

Should we schedule you for a urinalysis?

:D

Save the post. I want to show this.

Originally posted by dolfan34

1.chambers
3.j.r. tolver
4.snoop
5.gasden
6.mcmicheal

I don't know about starting but I believe he could be as good as Fiedler right of the bat. We know he is smart and makes good decisions an is a whole lot more accurate than Fiedler.

I really don't worry about him starting which he does need to learn a while before starting. Right now I worry about if some one drafts him. But if we do get him then I will think about him starting in the future.

I believe if we draft Rivers, he has enough time to start at QB when opening day. he can learn some of the basics of the offense and then come preseason he can recognize defenses better. I dunno why you guys dont think he can start at the beginning of the season. Lets see who started the season as a qb their first season and had a great rookie year , peyton manning, donavan mcnabb, david carr(even though his problem was the oline), i think with a very good offensive line rivers can take us to the next step. especially with ricky

McNabb did not start his rookie year. Manning struggle half way through the year and then turned it on again. He was also a #1 overall as prepared as you can be pick. Carr had a very difficult first year.

Picture this:

Fiedler starting at Qb--Rivers is 2nd string
Receivers:

1. Chambers
2. Mcknight
3. Tolver
4. Thompson
5. Gadsden

and McMichael....
;)

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
I believe if we draft Rivers, he has enough time to start at QB when opening day. he can learn some of the basics of the offense and then come preseason he can recognize defenses better. I dunno why you guys dont think he can start at the beginning of the season. Lets see who started the season as a qb their first season and had a great rookie year , peyton manning, donavan mcnabb, david carr(even though his problem was the oline), i think with a very good offensive line rivers can take us to the next step. especially with ricky

I think its POSSIBLE...just not probable. I certainly wouldn't expect a SB run with it. I like the guy too but the shift from NCAA to NFL is huge.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB

I agree I just see both sides of the table. Sometimes it works to start a Rookie an sometimes it don't. Defenders ai t going to give a Rookie QB respect they are going to do anything they can do to rattle them. He might would struggle at first but turn it on like Peyton.

Originally posted by Jaj
McNabb did not start his rookie year. Manning struggle half way through the year and then turned it on again. He was also a #1 overall as prepared as you can be pick. Carr had a very difficult first year.

Jaj, why do we waist our time?? We've had numorous posts regarding Rivers starting this season and how it is such a bad idea.....
Nothing gets through to these guys, of course it is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but it's just such a stupid opinion.

We've got guys who've never even watched Rivers demanding he start next season.....:lol:

We've got guys gauranteeing that he'll start next season when we don't even know if we'll draft him.

After considering these sources im willing to go out on a limb here and say that we shouldn't take these guys too serious. :tongue:

Guys a top 5 overall pick can barely start succesfully if he is really prepared on a bad team. You guys just haven't seen how different it is for college QBs to NFL QBs.

Re: Picture this:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Fiedler starting at Qb--Rivers is 2nd string
Receivers:

1. Chambers
2. Mcknight
3. Tolver
4. Thompson
5. Gadsden

and McMichael....
;)

CW - I hope you're wrong, just doesn't look like enough.....

Back
Top Bottom