Pictures in sig's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pictures in sig's

Should we ban non-football related pictures from signatures ?

• Yes, no matter what

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Yes, if they are too large

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Should we ban non-football related pictures from signatures, i.e.
8_photo.jpg
?
The problem is that even if displayed only once per thread, it distracts the reader from the purpose of the thread. If someone wanted to post pix, they still could in the lounge based on our last long-winded thread on that... http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15050 (staff only).

P.S. Muck's sig would not count since it is Amber (a cheerleader) and it is tastefully done

clear.gif

I kind of like it...but the size of these

things is a little to big...maybe have a size limit. I hate scrolling...especially when one of these people has a tremendously large image.

Re: I kind of like it...but the size of these

Originally posted by RHoffman
things is a little to big...maybe have a size limit. I hate scrolling...especially when one of these people has a tremendously large image.
I changed the poll to reflect your :idea:

I had no problem with it at 1st. But it does get out of hand sometimes. Too many times I see good football discussion turn into a debate or commentary on someone's signature pic. Honestly, some of you act like you've never seen a pretty woman before. It really does take away from the purpose of a given thread. In a forum where non-Dolphin-related threads are quickly moved, I don't see why non-Dolphin-related pics of women should be allowed.

You can always create another forum for those who want to share and gawk at these pics. I've seen other MBs do this, and it works just fine for them.

Besides, you have to consider what's fair. I have a nice computer and I'm on cable modem, so it's no problem for me. But I remember when I was on dial-up with a small computer, and the aggravation of waiting for threads to load because of pics involved.

Also, you do have female members here, and I'm sure they're not exactly thrilled about seeing the latest Leann or Catherine sexy poses in what's susposed to be a discussion of Miami Dolphin football. It's just a matter of time before one of our female members starts posting pics of men in various stages of undress in their sigs. Do we want that?

In summary, I say let's leave the toys where they belong and keep the main forum for Miami Dolphin discussion only, like it was intended.

Just my 2 cents.

Well... in all fairness:

If we are to limit sig pics to only "football related" ... yet allow the shot of Amber, it would seem that we are dictating which girlie pics are OK... a cheerleader pic (whether a Dolphins rah-rah or not) in a bikini, is still a girlie pic IMO, or even in uniform, it just seems like a tidy loophole to circumvent "football related only"

Also, while limiting size is a good idea.... there are a few who have large amounts of text in thier sig also, are we to limit the size there also?

We've addressed this issue before.... and while I'm not saying that we couldn't/shouldn't address it again.... it was decided that barring nudity, as defined by the exposure of certain areas, we would be basically censoring people's signatures by not allowing "girlie pics".

Perhaps the real issue here, since is was used as an example, is whether inFINS's sig pic in fact is too revealing. Now that I think about it, it was decided that as long as it's something that could be possibly seen in public, or on a celebrity website/magazine it should be allowed. Now, I've seen advertisements in magazines as bad, if not worse than that of inFINS' little honey, but perhaps it's a little too close to crossing the line for FinHeaven.

That said... I think we need to consider the possible backlash from the members regarding censorship, if we redress the issue of banning girlie pics in signatures. It wasn't that long ago, I'm sure we all remember that it was because of the uproar, that AJ backed down in the first place.

Anyway... we are certainly free to discuss/debate this issue again, however, no decision will be made while AJ is on vacation.. so we have a few days to think/talk about it.

Originally posted by relive1972
I had no problem with it at 1st. But it does get out of hand sometimes. Too many times I see good football discussion turn into a debate or commentary on someone's signature pic. Honestly, some of you act like you've never seen a pretty woman before. It really does take away from the purpose of a given thread. In a forum where non-Dolphin-related threads are quickly moved, I don't see why non-Dolphin-related pics of women should be allowed.

You can always create another forum for those who want to share and gawk at these pics. I've seen other MBs do this, and it works just fine for them.

Just my 2 cents.
exactly - case in point - http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16682

and we do have a forum for pix already - http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=38

hmmm...

doesn't matter to me one way or the other...
I don't care if they are up...
and I don't care if they are down.

I think its harmless...but I do think that attachment size is a bigger problem...

I like the pics in the signature. I say let them us put whatever we what to put(almost).

Besides I just learned how to do it :)

BTW - this all started (again :sigh: ) because an unnamed member PM'ed about it. Like I said I do not mind as long as poeple do not decide to talk about each other's avatar's in the middle of a perfectly good thread

or if it is Amber :jk:

If we are to limit sig pics to only "football related" ... yet allow the shot of Amber, it would seem that we are dictating which girlie pics are OK... a cheerleader pic (whether a Dolphins rah-rah or not) in a bikini, is still a girlie pic IMO, or even in uniform, it just seems like a tidy loophole to circumvent "football related only"

I don't think it's a matter of circumventing the rules, I think you've restated the real question: are we considering action on ALL posts that distract attention from Dolphin talk, or are we considering action on ALL pictures that some may find offensive?

I'd like to see some rule that allows pics of cheerleaders and fans (I miss Michelle) supporting their Dolphins while discouraging pics like Muck's, which appears to celebrate Amber for her individual characteristics and not her NFL football team allegiance.

Dicey area, though.

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

Back
Top Bottom