Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
University of Pittsburgh junior wide receiver Greg Lee, arguably Dave Wannstedt's best player on offense, will bypass his remaining eligibility and enter the 2005 draft, even though most NFL scouts feel he is only a middle-round prospect. Some school officials are not happy with what they feel is outside influence on Lee and will begin looking into the role an out-of-state agent might have had on his decision.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=morning15

Outside influences? bahah.. Its the influence of playing for a miserable coach and an offensive player's worst nightmare.

Wanny's influence must have cost us a bunch of good FA.. John Tait anyone?
Saban's influence will bring in ALOT more good FAs.

SkapePhin said:
University of Pittsburgh junior wide receiver Greg Lee, arguably Dave Wannstedt's best player on offense, will bypass his remaining eligibility and enter the 2005 draft, even though most NFL scouts feel he is only a middle-round prospect. Some school officials are not happy with what they feel is outside influence on Lee and will begin looking into the role an out-of-state agent might have had on his decision.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&page=morning15

Outside influences? bahah.. Its the influence of playing for a miserable coach and an offensive player's worst nightmare.

Even though WVU totally spanked Pitt, Greg Lee had an outstanding game against us. I would not mind if we drafted that kid in the later rounds.

Wow. Poor Wannstedt. What he needs to do is take a few years off from coaching, THEN go coach some college team.

Greg Lee, good player. Maybe a smart decision? This years draft is remarkably thin at WR. He could shoot up the draft boards and make some extra $$$.

I don't know if Wanny being his coach, affected his decision to leave Pitt, but I do know that he would have better stats and they would have won more games.

That is why I keep saying we need to get Tyler Palko. He didn't have the stats he did last season but he was hurt tremendously by the system he is in.

Alphamale said:
I don't know if Wanny being his coach, affected his decision to leave Pitt, but I do know that he would have better stats and they would have won more games.

That is why I keep saying we need to get Tyler Palko. He didn't have the stats he did last season but he was hurt tremendously by the system he is in.

Palko is one tough S.O.B. I would be OK with us drafting him in the later rounds too.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Wanny for all his faults, had one hell of a recruiting class this year.
...and now after seeing him destroy a third team...let alone a college one...they'll all transfer LOL

Lee is making a smart decision IMO. Honestly, is there any evidence to show that Wanny would help his stock if he stayed his final year? I think if Lee has great workouts he'll fire up the draft board due to lack of WRs. However, it's a double-edged sword, if he doesn't he'll plummet like Tony Mandarich at a steroid convention.

I am a Pitt student and believe me I do not want Tyler on this team. Yes, he says all the right things. I have talked with Tyler numerous times. But he doesnt have the presence in the pocket. He got scared this year, and at the slightest sight of pressure he takes off and never gives his recievers a chance!
As for the Wanny thing, Dave is doing a great job with us! He came in and instilled a system that we didn't have the players for yet... dumb? NO!! What's he gonna do, recruit players for a system he doesn't use and then have them learn the new one!?! Let me tell you why Dave is gonna be successful:
HE BELIEVES IN WHAT HE IS SELLING!
College is all about recruiting, and if the coach doesn't really believe in his product the kids know. Dave does, he's a Pitt guy living his dream and the kids can tell. Our recruiting class is ranked #7 in the country next year which is ridiculous for Pitt! Dave is the right guy for THIS job.

SkapePhin said:

Still not over the Wanny thing I see.......... I guess some people just never let go.........always lookin' in the rear view mirror........

SkapePhin said:

Dude, "Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude" is YOUR speculation, not necessarily the truth.

Have you seen who currently has a "top 5" recuiting class thus far for next season? Yes, it would be Pitt.

ckparrothead said:
Wow. Poor Wannstedt. What he needs to do is take a few years off from coaching, THEN go coach some college team.
You mean High School team?

lol, wannstedt isn't doing that bad

lee could've been a higher pick next year. oh well, it's a weak class at receiver, maybe he can shoot up draft boards

shanevcherry said:
I am a Pitt student and believe me I do not want Tyler on this team. Yes, he says all the right things. I have talked with Tyler numerous times. But he doesnt have the presence in the pocket. He got scared this year, and at the slightest sight of pressure he takes off and never gives his recievers a chance!
As for the Wanny thing, Dave is doing a great job with us! He came in and instilled a system that we didn't have the players for yet... dumb? NO!! What's he gonna do, recruit players for a system he doesn't use and then have them learn the new one!?! Let me tell you why Dave is gonna be successful:
HE BELIEVES IN WHAT HE IS SELLING!
College is all about recruiting, and if the coach doesn't really believe in his product the kids know. Dave does, he's a Pitt guy living his dream and the kids can tell. Our recruiting class is ranked #7 in the country next year which is ridiculous for Pitt! Dave is the right guy for THIS job.

Oh boy.Are you in for a letdown.Its too bad you will have to waste 4 or 5 years before you find out.

Similar things were being said by Dolphin fans when the Chicago Bears fans were warning us that Wanny would ruin our team which he did.

He may be a good recruiter but he is the most unimaginative coach I can think of.He will continually try to fit square pegs into round holes and doesnt have a clue about how to make adjustments as the game progresses.Look for a lot of second half comebacks against your team.

dont blame the guy... c'mon now, playing for garbage wanny or go off to make the big bucks. Pitt better get rid of Wanny if they ever want to get back to a competitive level and get respect from other teams.

Back
Top Bottom