Play calling on both sides of the ball... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play calling on both sides of the ball...

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
The play calling has been great this year, specially the last few weeks. The offensive play calling has been great. Very diverse. Lots of runs followed by well designed passing plays. The first TD against the Jets was all scheme that got the TE open easily in the end zone.

The defensive scheming the last few weeks has been great. I feel like Gailey and the new coaches we brought in are starting to get comfortable too.

The play calling has been great this year, specially the last few weeks. The offensive play calling has been great. Very diverse. Lots of runs followed by well designed passing plays. The first TD against the Jets was all scheme that got the TE open easily in the end zone.

The defensive scheming the last few weeks has been great. I feel like Gailey and the new coaches we brought in are starting to get comfortable too.

"Great" is too strong, but yeah, much better

Wait even on offense? I thought Gailey was an old washed up coach and Flore and Co are they worst for bringing him in? What happened to that narrative?

I really think you're going to sniff some Perry + Bowden

kinda think they've been brewing in the background

along with Tua's development. Plus Tua had a thing

going on with Perry in TC.

Get some bugs on the field! Quicks that Tua excels with!

That's harsh. He is a really good back, a starter definitely.

Nothing harsh about coming from a smaller program and being good enough to be on an NFL roster.
Look at the game changing backs in this league and tell me that he belongs in those conversations.

The idea that Perry and Bowden might step forward now is a good one. If for no other reason that they've been on the 2nd team with Tua and may be a bit more familiar to him that the 1s.

Wait even on offense? I thought Gailey was an old washed up coach and Flore and Co are they worst for bringing him in? What happened to that narrative?

I never said such things but I saw them said. Defensive play calling had me worried early on.

Nothing harsh about coming from a smaller program and being good enough to be on an NFL roster.
Look at the game changing backs in this league and tell me that he belongs in those conversations.
Washington is not a small program. And he was a 4-year starter there! He is an excellent starting level three down back. Can protect the QB, catch, hug the boundary, and run between tackles. He can do it all, consistently, and really well. That's hard to find. He is excellent. To call him a career backup is really harsh for that level of talent! Now, he is 5-9, 205. That's the physical limitation. We do need someone just like Gaskins but with more size, or power to push for an extra yard.

Washington is not a small program. And he was a 4-year starter there! He is an excellent starting level three down back. Can protect the QB, catch, hug the boundary, and run between tackles. He can do it all, consistently, and really well. That's hard to find. He is excellent. To call him a career backup is really harsh for that level of talent! Now, he is 5-9, 205. That's the physical limitation. We do need someone just like Gaskins but with more size, or power to push for an extra yard.
No, he's not a career backup. That is too harsh; I'd call him a platoon back.

Name the backs that came out of Washington?
Hell name the players that came out of that program and made it big in the NFL?

Hell..Marcus Peters and the kid last night for Arizona are the only two i could name without looking it up.

I agree with needing another back. I'm not sure he needs to be like Gaskin.

But physically he needs to bring more and provide more potential to break one.

It's not just Gaskin, BTW, it's our entire offense. We need 1,2,3,4 play drives that ends in a score potential.

Name the backs that came out of Washington?
Hell name the players that came out of that program and made it big in the NFL?

Hell..Marcus Peters and the kid last night for Arizona are the only two i could name without looking it up.

I agree with needing another back. I'm not sure he needs to be like Gaskin.

But physically he needs to bring more and provide more potential to break one.

It's not just Gaskin, BTW, it's our entire offense. We need 1,2,3,4 play drives that ends in a score potential.
The disrespect towards the Washington Huskies? Why?

That's not a small program, never has been. Gaskins was a damn good running back in college.

U could probably make one heck of a all NFL team with the history of Washington Huskies players. Hell we just saw the best safety in the NFL, Budda Baker, as the best man on the field last night. They produce good players from that school, sure maybe it isn't Bama but its not a small program

That ”smaller” program has at least 25 players on active NFL rosters. Though they're not as good a program In terms of rankings as years past, they consistently populate NFL rosters with talent. Very poor take on your part.

Back
Top Bottom