Play Makers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play Makers

JPhinfan86

Chief of the Finheaven Iowa Chapter.
Reaction score
When watching the game tonight I noticed how consistant Sage was with the flat and quick passes. They were always on target and in a good spot for the reciever to still be able to make a play. Not knocking Jay but Sage's flat passes were out-in-front better than Jay's were. Now I see why you guys have been saying Rosenfels is the future. This is the first game I've been able to watch this year.

Also, I noticed how Tolver just wouldn't go down....those are things you just can't coach. He also has some of the best hands I've seen in a while (not unlike Thompson was tonight).

I realize I'm probably not saying anything you guys haven't already said but I just had to state my opinion. If my assessments compare to what you have seen in the previous two games, our future is bright (not like it wasn't anyway).

I still think that Sage is a REALLY good quarterback, and is never given a true chance. In my honest opinion, I feel that the Dolphins should have moved him up to 2nd and then bring in a 3rd string QB. I think he showed himself well tonight, especially with Tolver and co.

I remember thinking about how good he would be in February. Atleast he has not dissapointed.

I think Sage is a good QB as well. I think he should at least be a backup this year. At this point, he probably knows the system better than Griese, and I think it is unfair to Sage that Griese was basically handed the #2 job.

Don't forget, Sage is also playing 2nd and 3rd stringers. He's got potential but is unproven that's why he's 3rd on the depth chart.

Speaking of Tolver...both Wannstadt and Sage were praising him in the locker room after the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I noticed about Sage is the change in his comfort level. When he was in Washington in the American Bowl he came in and he was visibly tense until he threw what I think was about a 30 yard TD. In tonight's game it didn't seem as if he was feeling any pressure at all. To me thats a major improvement, it shows progression on a large scale.

I can't believe this is the same board that was crying for BG to have a chance against Jay and now I'm hearing Sage in front of BG, what a pleasant surprise. Sage may start the season as the #2 depending what happened to BG's toe. I keep saying I think Sage maybe the next Brady, just need some game time.

Remember how Lucas looked last year against 2nd and 3rd stringers? Don' take all of this into account.

Lucas was an exception. Look at Randy McMicheal. Remember how he looked in pre-season?

McMichael looked damn good and was damn good.....

Each man is his own person, I couldn't care less what Lucas did, we're not talking about Lucas.

FrankTheTank mentioned how Rosenfels was working against 2nd and 3rd stringer. Even at that, imagine if he was working behind the first team line with the first team receivers and RB's. His passes are crisp and he adjusts well to the situation on the field. I think he would perform well.

The thing about Sage is consistency. He looks good some days and not so great the others. If he wants to be a starter, he's going to have to play well all the time. And Griese is starting to look comfy out there. Each week you see the difference. Not so sure that Sage would unseat him for #2.

That said, Jay still threw the best pass of the night.....that wonderful laser to McKnight over the middle. I still don't see how he got that ball in there.

Back
Top Bottom