Play Makers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play Makers

When Sage was blindsided from the weak side and fumbled I figured he was gonna be jittery and off the mark. However, he came in and stood in the pocket with calmness and passed with the same accuracy. I realize this is what you expect of an NFL QB but to me that just shows progression.

The thing that you can't trust in evaluating play against those second and third stringers is the time allowed in the pocket.

That's what Lucas never picked up. The fact that he never had the time he thought he was going to have.

When Sage plays "live" during the season, it's going to shock him too. If Sage ever gets his opportunity, he's got one game to "get up to speed". If he has not caught up to it after that game, we got ourselves another Ray Lucas year.

It's all about the speed of the game and we will know nothing until Sage gets a taste of it.

Sage will get his chance this week hopefully with a lot of the starting lineup with Griese out.

It should be interesting.

IMO, We have three good QB's and once griese gets hold of this offense 100%, he will start the controversy should jay go down. Sage is coming along very well too.

But i dissagree with the person who said that sage's dumpout throws were better than jay's. I watched jay throw those passes to ricky and others and they were crisp and on the money. Thats why ricky got 20 yds on that play. Plus jay sells it better than anyone which last year he had problems with it. There is no doubt in my mind that jay has firm controll over norvs offense now. He also knows to get rid of it with the line the way it is right now.
Has anyone noticed that jay is just throwing it away now instead of forcing throws? very very good Jay! keep it up!

Jay is still forcin em.

That throw to McK (even though perfectly placed) if it was 3 inches behind it would have been tipped or INT'd.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Jay is still forcin em.

That throw to McK (even though perfectly placed) if it was 3 inches behind it would have been tipped or INT'd.

You just described every throw Marino made for 17 years. :D

True Muck, true...............

When I first clicked on this thread, I thought it was going to be about Sam Simmons.....

Stemke is God!

Originally posted by Muck

You just described every throw Marino made for 17 years. :D

Oh god so true.

Besides most of Jay's INT's come on the 15 yard + variety. He seems to have eliminated the LB interceptions that use to plague him.

Back
Top Bottom