Play Sage Against the Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play Sage Against the Jets

Compensate for losing a young QB who will be going on his third year with the team, and may be ready to step into a starters role????

Are we deep and talented at the QB position?????

UMM NO. You don't quite get it.

Rosenfels will have tender placed on him. He will re-sign here. He has no chance outside in this league. He will sign a three-year deal and try to do as Carter did when Parcells came. Impress the new coach and nab the starting role.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Perfect opportunity to give him experience and see how he does.

Under normal circumstances yes, but Wanny wants to get 10 wins so he can have something else to point out during the final meeting with Wayne H. "Look, I got 10 wins, went 2-2 in Dec", etc.

Either way Rosenfels has all the talent to suceed in any offense. He has the arm, the size, the poise, the scrambling ability, and the work ethic to do it. Has leadership and character too. I am not making this up I watched him through college often. He has done well in every chance he has had and should get a chance to impress a new coach next year and become the starting QB. He is no Jay Fiedler no arm QB.

he will play fiedler if he plays sage and sage kicks *** it will make him look that much more stupid for staying with fiedler.

Originally posted by Jaj
UMM NO. You don't quite get it.

Rosenfels will have tender placed on him. He will re-sign here. He has no chance outside in this league. He will sign a three-year deal and try to do as Carter did when Parcells came. Impress the new coach and nab the starting role.

O, I think I get it quite right, jaj.

Let's say Sage goes out and plays well.....Now he has shown that he is a capable young QB who can actually play in the NFL, instead of being an unknown third stringer who can't even crack the starters role on a team with very questinable QB talent. The interest from other teams is going to go up.

A restricted free agent is NOT the sole property of the team like you think. Maybe you are confused about the difference between a RFA and and ERFA because, as an RFA he is open to bidding from other teams.

If someone wants him bad enough they will offer a contract that the Dolphins may not want, or be able, to match and all they would have to give up is a 4th rounder(the round the player was drafted in) as compensation to Miami.

That fourth rounder IMO, would NOT be adequate compensation for a young strong armed QB, who not only has been endorsed as a future starter by one of the most well respected offensive minds in the game, Norv Turner, but by you as well.

Never let it be said that I can't admit when I'm wrong ......after doing some more research in restricted free agency, I have found that there are three diffrent compensation formulas....a low tender( $519,000, last year) which provides the original club with right if first refusal and a draft pick compensation commensurate with the round the player was drafted (the example that I made above)....the middle tender($1.13 mil, last year) which provides the original club with ROFR and a number 1 draft pick as compensation......the high tender($1.5 mill, last year) which gets a 1st and 3rd as compensation as well as ROFR......

Now, the question becomes, will we be able to place a high or middle tender on Sage due to our precarious cap position???

One thing is for sure though, showcasing Sage, may not be such a bad idea, as I had originally thought. Interest in Sage may drive up his price but, a first rounder as compensation may be well worth losing him.

:o

Yes but one will give a first rounder if he has a 230 yard passing day with 2 TDs. Put first round tender. Actually we are not that bad cap wise a this entire board assumes we are.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Perfect opportunity to give him experience and see how he does.

I agree with P4E, we know what JF and BG can do. Why not give this young man a try?

The season is over, so who will be playing for a job next year?

Those that are on the bench for most of the time IMO...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Start Sage, and let him play the whole game. If D.W. thinks winning this game is going to save his job, he's more clueless than I thought. He knew back in preseason, that nothing short of the SuperBowl would save his job. With Fielder's preformance against the Bills, he should be demoted to 3rd string.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
Start Sage, and let him play the whole game. If D.W. thinks winning this game is going to save his job, he's more clueless than I thought. He knew back in preseason, that nothing short of the SuperBowl would save his job. With Fielder's preformance against the Bills, he should be demoted to 3rd string.
he should be cut and not paid that high salary but that is just my opinion.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Never let it be said that I can't admit when I'm wrong ......after doing some more research in restricted free agency, I have found that there are three diffrent compensation formulas....a low tender( $519,000, last year) which provides the original club with right if first refusal and a draft pick compensation commensurate with the round the player was drafted (the example that I made above)....the middle tender($1.13 mil, last year) which provides the original club with ROFR and a number 1 draft pick as compensation......the high tender($1.5 mill, last year) which gets a 1st and 3rd as compensation as well as ROFR......

Now, the question becomes, will we be able to place a high or middle tender on Sage due to our precarious cap position???

One thing is for sure though, showcasing Sage, may not be such a bad idea, as I had originally thought. Interest in Sage may drive up his price but, a first rounder as compensation may be well worth losing him.

:o
Yeah, -- I'd already thought all that stuff thru before I started the thread. Glad you caught up to it, though.;)

:D

Back
Top Bottom