Player Comparisons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player Comparisons

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on player comparisons. Some of these are my thoughts. Some I have heard on this site, or with other sources. Feel free to add.

Kyle Trask --- Nick Foles
Been watching some Florida highlights. I think Trask would be a good mid-round pick for Miami to groom as a long-term backup for Tua.

Kyle Pitts --- Darren Waller
Yes, that guy. The same Waller that Rowe had good, sometimes great coverage on and he still dominated. Pitts has a good chance to be the best receiving TE in the NFL.

Kadarius Toney --- Percy Harvin
Toney also reminds me of those NE receivers who had a lot of success there.

Devonta Smith --- Marvin Harrison
This is the description I've heard most frequently. My old-school comparison is Paul Warfield, for those old enough to remember him.

Ja'Marr Chase --- Michael Irvin/faster Anquan Bolden
Not sure I like either comparison. There's some Jerry Rice after the catch.

Jalen Waddle --- Tyreek Hill
I like that comparison.

Rashod Bateman --- Allen Robinson
I think this came from Slimm. Had me going back over Bateman's highlights. I like the comparison.

Najee Harris --- Derrick Henry
Don't think Harris is quite at that level, but he's obviously a talented big back.

Travis Etienne --- Alvin Kamara

Others?

I think everyone loves homerun comparisons. So I’ll stick to those.

I’ve seen a lot of Jaylen waddle to Tyreek Hill comparisons. I just don’t think that one is too realistic. Tyreek is too exceptional

If Kyle pitts lands w/ a good enough quarterback, he might become Travis Kelce. He’s athletic enough, he’s a good blocker, he dominates in the redzone. I’m likely grading Kyle pitts as a WR and a TE this year, and I’m not deicided yet on where he lands in my WR rankings. I have him ranked ahead of Devonta Smith though.

Rashod Bateman, I was late to. I love the Allen Robinson comparison. I see that as well. He has characteristics of deandre Hopkins and davante Adams. Allen Robinson, deandre Hopkins and davante Adams are my comparisons for Bateman. I think he’s got special written all over him.

Gregory Rosseau I’ll compare to Brian burns. I think that would be a good level for him to reach. I was dead wrong on Brian burns, and I might be dead wrong on Gregory rosseau too. Naturally I don’t trust what I see, but the size and athleticism speaks.

I think everyone loves homerun comparisons. So I’ll stick to those.

I’ve seen a lot of Jaylen waddle to Tyreek Hill comparisons. I just don’t think that one is too realistic. Tyreek is too exceptional

If Kyle pitts lands w/ a good enough quarterback, he might become Travis Kelce. He’s athletic enough, he’s a good blocker, he dominates in the redzone. I’m likely grading Kyle pitts as a WR and a TE this year, and I’m not deicided yet on where he lands in my WR rankings. I have him ranked ahead of Devonta Smith though.

Rashod Bateman, I was late to. I love the Allen Robinson comparison. I see that as well. He has characteristics of deandre Hopkins and davante Adams. Allen Robinson, deandre Hopkins and davante Adams are my comparisons for Bateman. I think he’s got special written all over him.

Gregory Rosseau I’ll compare to Brian burns. I think that would be a good level for him to reach. I was dead wrong on Brian burns, and I might be dead wrong on Gregory rosseau too. Naturally I don’t trust what I see, but the size and athleticism speaks.
I'll say this. I won't be disappointed if Miami takes Pitts. Slight trade down preferable.

I do think the Bateman/Robinson comparison is really good.

I'll say this. I won't be disappointed if Miami takes Pitts. Slight trade down preferable.

I do think the Bateman/Robinson comparison is really good.
Trade down preferable but just think about how valuable Travis Kelce is. The ultimate mis match.

the Allen Robinson would excite a lot more people if he didn’t have a career plagued by bottles and Trubisky.

Trade down preferable but just think about how valuable Travis Kelce is. The ultimate mis match.

the Allen Robinson would excite a lot more people if he didn’t have a career plagued by bottles and Trubisky.
I just don't see Miami going Pitts. But I do think he's the ultimate mismatch in this draft.

One I missed is Mac Jones and Phillip rivers.

I don’t predict Mac Jones to have that type of a career, but the players remind me of one another.

Probably go with Steven Jackson for Najee.

Travis Etienne reminds me a lot of Aaron Jones actually.

I don't know why the Allen Robinson comparison with Rashod Bateman just doesn't take for me.

I think the obvious comparison for Ja'Marr Chase is Jarvis Landry.

Kyle Pitts is basically Calvin Johnson with just a little less top speed.

Last edited:
Probably go with Steven Jackson for Najee.

Travis Etienne reminds me a lot of Aaron Jones actually.

I don't know why the Allen Robinson comparison with Rashod Bateman just doesn't take for me.

I think the obvious comparison for Ja'Marr Chase is Jarvis Landry.

Kyle Pitts is basically Calvin Johnson with just a little less top speed.
That Steven Jackson comp is really good.

Chase is a tough one for me. I've heard Deandre Hopkins, Michael Irvin, and a few others. He's faster than Landry. I can see hands and run after the catch comparison there.

Pitts and Johnson, wow. Not too far off.

Reactions: A1.
I like that Steven jackson comp a lot. I was going to say earlier that I think Harris has a career more similar to Mark Ingram than to Derrick Henry. I didn’t like the Mark Ingram comparison however. That Steven Jackson one is good.

the Jarvis Landry one doesn’t land w/ me. I see chase as a superior athlete. I think Andre Johnson is a closer one.

That Steven Jackson comp is really good.

Chase is a tough one for me. I've heard Deandre Hopkins, Michael Irvin, and a few others. He's faster than Landry. I can see hands and run after the catch comparison there.

Pitts and Johnson, wow. Not too far off.

He's faster than Landry but not so much that it changes the complexion of his game completely away from Landry's game, IMO. They're the same dimensions. They play with strength and attitude. They run after the catch. They have tremendous hands. Neither of them really separates much when it comes to a foot race.

I like that Steven jackson comp a lot. I was going to say earlier that I think Harris has a career more similar to Mark Ingram than to Derrick Henry. I didn’t like the Mark Ingram comparison however. That Steven Jackson one is good.

the Jarvis Landry one doesn’t land w/ me. I see chase as a superior athlete. I think Andre Johnson is a closer one.

Dude Andre Johnson was like 6'2" & 230 lbs. Ja'Marr Chase is going to be somewhere between 5'11" and 6'0" and 205 to 215 lbs.

Not that ARob is some nuclear athlete, but I think Bateman is not going to test close to ARob. That’s where I think the comp falls short

Dude Andre Johnson was like 6'2" & 230 lbs. Ja'Marr Chase is going to be somewhere between 5'11" and 6'0" and 205 to 215 lbs.
Correct, Landry is slightly smaller, Andre Johnson is a little bigger. Both are physical receivers and I think chase plays bigger rather than smaller. Chase also is fixing to run a 40 real similar to Andre Johnson’s.

that’s what I meant by Andre Johnson is a closer one.

Jarvis Landry ran a 4.77 and had the second worst vertical leap at the combine. None of that reminds me of chase is what I’m getting at.

Jarvis Landry ran a 4.77 and had the second worst vertical leap at the combine. None of that reminds me of chase is what I’m getting at.
Landry inured his hamstring during his 40 run.

Back
Top Bottom