Players Of Rival Teams You Respect | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players Of Rival Teams You Respect

I met Bruce Smith a couple of times at some events and he seemed like a really cool guy, and man that dude was Huge! I remember shaking his hand when I was like 14 and being like wtf? He attended a lot of charity events here in VA, oh and the two i went to were at Hooters so extra points for that.

Not very many. Bruce Smith, Willie McGinest, Thurmon Thomas (but only after a met him and BSed with him for while), Peyton Manning.

Deflategate sours me on Brady. It makes me question how great he truly he is. The system, and the fact Belichick's teams went 14-6 without Brady in 08 and 16, make me pause too. Lastly, why can't you shake the hands of Manning & Foles after the SB losses? You won't win all the time. There's something to be said for good sportsmanship.

I respect Belichick as a coach. But, I am not a fan of his as a person. The guy treats the media like dirt. Hes just a guy that's easy to root against.

I find that whole organization to be arrogant ( Similar to Boston as a city). They act like everything & everyone is beneath them.

I actually respected Ken O’ Brien because he and Marino put on some great shows. Jim Kelly and Chad Pennington also got my respect.

Probably Jim Kelly. It's grown 10 fold in the last few years.

With Kelly it was strange with me. I loved the guys as a Cane and even as a Houston Gambler or whatever that team was called where he put up crazy numbers but then Buffalo got him and I did not care for the guy. Mainly because he was always beating us and winning the division.
His battle with cancer is a difficult struggle that he has handled with class and dignity Certainly today I respect him very much for that and also the way he handled his sons illness and all the charity stuff he has done.
I actually ran into him at the Hooter's at Bayside marina in Miami once. This was during his time with the Bills . Shook his hand and said go Canes and he smiled. The large group he was sitting with had Buffalo jerseys and hats so that was the end of the conversation.
Yea i had my Fins hat on as per usual :cool

Back
Top Bottom