Players open to Ricky returning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players open to Ricky returning

kingnate85 said:
Wow, what do you know, a regurtitation of everything that's already been said about Ricky Williams. I don't care if the team leaders forgive him or not. The guy is a scumbag and doesn't deserve a second chance. Contrary to popular belief, not everybody deserves a second chance for some things they do, and it could be argued that Ricky has used his second chance already. You guys want him back, fine by me. I don't. I hope the guy just goes back to India and continues his Yoga for the rest of his life. If I go the rest of my life without hearing about Ricky Williams then I can safely say I've lived a peaceful life.

Ya, you got a point. But when Ricky breaks one in the 4th quater I think we will all be atleast a little happy that he decided to come back.

CrunchTime said:
I agree.I have great reservations about players who are malcontents,Nut cases or those who have character problems.You can straighten them out for a while but they usually revert to their natural instincts sooner or later.

Ricky probably will only play a couple of years if he comes back.I think he will be more of a distraction than a benefit to the team.

I agree with this also!

They probably will except him back because they want a tackling dummy to get last years frustrations off their back

if the players can forgive him than us fans should forgive him...like zach said, if he helps us win games and gives his committment....you dont have to root for him but if he scores the game winning touchdown we will all be cheering for him...

The other players may realise that having Ricky back may help them get that ring on their finger at the end of the season. Hes had probs and we all know about those, i was p****d with him but also there was a health issue involved so i was sympathetic. He may be a another piece of the jigsaw that will help us win games this season so im rooting for all of them as well as Ricky. If he can contribute then i say give him a chance and lets see.

My attitude on Ricky is contingent upon actual committment and performance. If he comes back and works hard and plays well (Even for 2 years) he'll be fine in my book. If he's not wholly invested in what he's doing and goofs off, does not work hard, gets suspended, etc, he certainly won't be forgiven.

I think he needs to perform first. His second change (third, at least, in my book) is getting the opportunity to do so.

Wow another "Gee thanks for coming back Ricky we can't win without you" thread. When you guys decide to stop holding his jock, maybe you'll realise he's back for the loot, winning is secondary.

Megatron said:
Wow another "Gee thanks for coming back Ricky we can't win without you" thread. When you guys decide to stop holding his jock, maybe you'll realise he's back for the loot, winning is secondary.

Relax man. Nobody here said we can't win without Ricky nor holding his jock. Check the thread Title and article. This thread is about the players being open to his return. Zach doesn't seem to be kissing his a**, but he is willing to give him a shot to help us win.

jd13 said:
if the players can forgive him than us fans should forgive him...like zach said, if he helps us win games and gives his committment....you dont have to root for him but if he scores the game winning touchdown we will all be cheering for him...

I hate this argument. "If the players forgive him then us fans should..." Why? Don't you have a mind of your own? I realize that we aren't playing along side Ricky Williams but can't you form your own opinions of the guy no matter what other people think of him? I hate to be so cliche but if the players jumped off a bridge would you jump off too? I'm sure that no matter what they say that at least some of them can't stand the fact that he's coming back.

Also, IF he scores a game winning touchdown I'll be celebrating too...the TEAM win...not the Ricky Williams touchdown.

kingnate85 said:
I hate this argument. "If the players forgive him then us fans should..." Why? Don't you have a mind of your own? I realize that we aren't playing along side Ricky Williams but can't you form your own opinions of the guy no matter what other people think of him? I hate to be so cliche but if the players jumped off a bridge would you jump off too? I'm sure that no matter what they say that at least some of them can't stand the fact that he's coming back.

Also, IF he scores a game winning touchdown I'll be celebrating too...the TEAM win...not the Ricky Williams touchdown.
:clap:

I don't think anybody here is thrilled about this whole situation. But if Ricky is coming back, I am going to support the decision. Being negative does not get us anywhere. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for god sakes support and embrace what the team is trying to accomplish and drop the painfull but irelevant past.

We are not talking about jumping off bridges here, we are talking about a football player. A person.

Trackstar said:
I don't think anybody here is thrilled about this whole situation. But if Ricky is coming back, I am going to support the decision. Being negative does not get us anywhere. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But for god sakes support and embrace what the team is trying to accomplish and drop the painfull but irelevant past.

We are not talking about jumping off bridges here, we are talking about a football player. A person.
There's also such a thing as integrity. Some of the fans here are no longer Ricky Williams supporters because of his actions. They will not just suck it up and support something they know is wrong because it will benefit them personally.

Trackstar said:

I'd love to drop it. Honestly, it'd be my most favorite thing to do in the entire world to not talk about Ricky Williams anymore. But you don't have to tell me. You have to tell the people who keep creating threads telling me to accept Ricky back because (insert ridiculous excuse). I don't care that some people want him back, that's their business, they are obviously more forgiving than I am. So I've never told anybody to not accept Ricky Williams back I've just simply stated why I won't. But how is the past irrelevent? Ricky's past with this team is irrelevent? His past shows that he cares about nothing but himself and he can't be trusted. His past is completely relevent to the future of this team.

rafael said:
For me it's never been about forgiving. I didn't burn my jersey or spend a great deal of time bad mouthing him. For me, it's about the distractions. RW brings a boatload of them. That ends up being the only news we get about Miami. Every national media story about the Dolphins is a RW story. Every question the players get asked is about RW. It not only annoys the players but it affects me personally b/c I can't get any pertinent news about my team.LOL. I also wonder what promising young RB we'll lose to make space for RW. Then add in the salary dispute. I don't want to give up salary cap space that could be used for a position we're actually weak in, like maybe the secondary. I'd rather have all the people working on the negotiation/potential arbitration working on trying to sign the players that might actually have a future here instead. This is all for a player that has a high probability of quitting again.

The quitting thing is really what bothers me. In the thread asking whether the players quit on Wanny, I said they didn't, but I would want any that did gone. I believe the old saying, "winners never quit and quitters never win". I just don't see how people think you can bring that mentality into a locker room and expect it to have no affect whatsoever. I know Saban is thinking "I have a stock that can only go up," and I have great faith in his ability to manage the team psyche but I think he's making the job harder on himself. It doesn't really matter if the players accept him back or not. I see many examples of bad relationships where the wronged party accepts the wrongdoer back. There are always high hopes and talk of forgiveness, but in the end it's usually a mistake and everybody's life is worse b/c of it. Honestly, I believe that the best thing that could happen to this team is that RW freaks out sooner rather than later. He leaves to go follow the Dalai lama around or some other nonsense and is never heard from again.

You make a lot of great points and I really can't argue with you.

The only thing I would say is that I would have a hard time believing Ricky is not more valuable to us than the 52nd best player on our roster.

Its my belief, contrary to what anybody says, that Ricky for purely financial reasons alone will be forced to come back and play 4 or 5 years in this league and that he could have value to us in some form in the near future.

I share your concerns, but on a 4-12 team looking to rebuild I think its a gamble worth taking.

Back
Top Bottom