Players open to Ricky returning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players open to Ricky returning

kingnate85 said:
Wow, what do you know, a regurtitation of everything that's already been said about Ricky Williams. I don't care if the team leaders forgive him or not. The guy is a scumbag and doesn't deserve a second chance. Contrary to popular belief, not everybody deserves a second chance for some things they do, and it could be argued that Ricky has used his second chance already. You guys want him back, fine by me. I don't. I hope the guy just goes back to India and continues his Yoga for the rest of his life. If I go the rest of my life without hearing about Ricky Williams then I can safely say I've lived a peaceful life.

Yea, but, how do you really feel? :lol:

kingnate85 said:
I'd love to drop it. Honestly, it'd be my most favorite thing to do in the entire world to not talk about Ricky Williams anymore. But you don't have to tell me. You have to tell the people who keep creating threads telling me to accept Ricky back because (insert ridiculous excuse). I don't care that some people want him back, that's their business, they are obviously more forgiving than I am. So I've never told anybody to not accept Ricky Williams back I've just simply stated why I won't. But how is the past irrelevent? Ricky's past with this team is irrelevent? His past shows that he cares about nothing but himself and he can't be trusted. His past is completely relevent to the future of this team.

It's irrelevant because we can't change the past nor will it help us win a championship. Don't get me wrong I still have hard feelings, and when you evaluate a retired player his past is indeed relevant. Once he is in your teams uniform the best thing to do is just forget about the past. Not to mention we are not banking on his production nearly as much as we were in the past.

No one is "Telling" anyone to accept him back. They are just listing their points on why he should be accepted.

I agree though, I am tired of these conversations about the quitter, because that is what he is. I guess the bottom line is nobody has to welcome him back or forgive him. And that is just fine. But I am the type of fan who is willing to forget about huge mistakes as long as it is benificial to the team. We all want whats best for our beloved phins. I just think we can use Ricky for a year or two until R.B is ready to take over full time.

Trackstar said:
It's irrelevant because we can't change the past nor will it help us win a championship. Don't get me wrong I still have hard feelings, and when you evaluate a retired player his past is indeed relevant. Once he is in your teams uniform the best thing to do is just forget about the past. Not to mention we are not banking on his production nearly as much as we were in the past.

No one is "Telling" anyone to accept him back. They are just listing their points on why he should be accepted.

I agree though, I am tired of these conversations about the quitter, because that is what he is. I guess the bottom line is nobody has to welcome him back or forgive him. And that is just fine. But I am the type of fan who is willing to forget about huge mistakes as long as it is benificial to the team. We all want whats best for our beloved phins. I just think we can use Ricky for a year or two until R.B is ready to take over full time.

There you go, enough said. If only everybody else felt that way.

kingnate85 said:
There you go, enough said. If only everybody else felt that way.

But I still would like to see him split time with R.B next year. After that, I don't care where he goes. :evil:

BlueFin said:
You make a lot of great points and I really can't argue with you.

The only thing I would say is that I would have a hard time believing Ricky is not more valuable to us than the 52nd best player on our roster.

Its my belief, contrary to what anybody says, that Ricky for purely financial reasons alone will be forced to come back and play 4 or 5 years in this league and that he could have value to us in some form in the near future.

I share your concerns, but on a 4-12 team looking to rebuild I think its a gamble worth taking.

If he is paid at the minimum, then my main financial concern is alleviated. But if he is paid 3.7 million than it's not just RW vs. the 52 player. It might be RW vs. a FA starter or contributer we could bring in. Maybe that lost salary cap flexibility means we don't sign Law or don't pursue a trade that would otherwise would be available.

rafael said:
If he is paid at the minimum, then my main financial concern is alleviated. But if he is paid 3.7 million than it's not just RW vs. the 52 player. It might be RW vs. a FA starter or contributer we could bring in. Maybe that lost salary cap flexibility means we don't sign Law or don't pursue a trade that would otherwise would be available.

I agree, I also think his salary has been roughly determined and it shouldn't be much. Ricky has to prove his worth all over again (almost like a rookie), and I think he understands that. Trust in Nick.

Back
Top Bottom