Players to watch for | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players to watch for

nick1 said:
they better sort out the QB situation first, Steve McNair is not their future QB and they haven't got their future QB on the roster yet

I competely agree. They are prob gunna draft a QB this comming year. But that QB is gunna be real lucky getting those 2 to throw it to for years.

Nasty

Nasty said:
Yep... it is gunna be scary... GOD DAMN PATRIOTS!! I HATE YOU! :yell:

Nasty
Brady won't have time to find him when they play Miami

I think Joey Harrington has got to be a solid bet. With three first round picks invested in recievers, I´d look for him to be airing it out every week and racking up some huge numbers.

Julius Jones RB Dal.
Lamont Jordan RB Oak.
Tatum Bell RB Den.
Michael Bennett RB Minn.
Deshaun Foster RB Car.
Dallas Clark TE Ind.
Chris Chambers WR Mia.
Anquan Boldin WR Ari.
Nate Burleson WR Minn.
Darrell Jackson WR Sea.

nick1 said:
Brady won't have time to find him when they play Miami

so true, brady even said the only d he ever has truble against is the fins:D

deffensivly, i think o-gun will reprove him self this year for the bears

FinsAreLife said:
so true, brady even said the only d he ever has truble against is the fins:D
The pressure will be coming from more than one direction this year...Can't wait to see Brady try to spot Jason Taylor in the many defensive looks we have...wheres he coming from left? right? up the gut? INTERCEPTION Madison!!!

FinsAreLife said:
deffensivly, i think o-gun will reprove him self this year for the bears
haha i tried to start a thread like this for defensive players in the NFL...I agree with Ogun...I like Bertrand Berry of ARI too.

ChambersNBoston said:
agree with all except for Tenn. WRs...I think Drew Bennett will do better than Calico and Berlin

Actually, that was a mistype on my behalf. I meant to say Bennett. I was thinking Bennett was cut, but in actuality, Berlin was cut.

Berlin = Bennett

and yes, I agree Bennett is better than Calico or Berlin. But, Bennett needs a "Talico" or "McCarreins" playing opposite of him to draw the #1 CB. Bennett works better from the middle of the field.

Don't forget Tennessee drafted 3 WRs. One of them will likely become the next "Bennett" or "McCarreins".

ChambersNBoston said:
Julius Jones RB Dal.
Lamont Jordan RB Oak.
Tatum Bell RB Den.
Michael Bennett RB Minn.
Deshaun Foster RB Car.
Dallas Clark TE Ind.
Chris Chambers WR Mia.
Anquan Boldin WR Ari.
Nate Burleson WR Minn.
Darrell Jackson WR Sea.

You got a couple that are on my top 5 list of breakout (or rebounding) players...

David Terrell
- WR NE - Already stated why earlier...
Havent heard anyone disagree either :wink:
Tatum Bell - RB Den - He will be the next RB to have a 1000 yard season for the team, and then be the next RB to be traded during the following off season for atleast a 1st day pick (they get first day picks every year for their RBs! I dont know how their team isnt just stacked with awsome talent with all the great picks they have every year. I think they got a 3rd for freakin Ruben... what a deal!)

Nate Burleson - WR Min - Now Culpeppers #1 receiver... Hes young and quick. He will definatly suprise alot of people this year, he has just been in the shadow of the best receiver in the NFL

Anquan Boldin - WR Ari - Was hurt last year, but had a great rookie year with absolutly no one elses help. No QB, No WR accross from him, and no running game... Now he has all 3 with Warner, Fitzgerald, and JJ Arington... He will be great this year.

Dallas Clark - TE Indy - A great young and talented TE who is a 1st round pick. Got hurt last year but showed tons of promise and played well before the injury. And lets not forget... he has the best QB in the league throwin the ball to him.

Nasty

Nasty said:
Ready for this one? Brace yourself...

David Terrell - WR

Thats right... David Terrell... And I know I am gunna have to explain this one so hear it goes...

He was AWESOME at Michigan. So awesome that he was the 8th overall pick in the 2001 draft. He is extremely young and still explosive, but has been in one of the worst passing offenses in years... think about it... who has the QB been for Chicago? All bums... if u like Grossman, fine, but he still didnt even play last year. He has had absolutly no QB...

Now he is in NE and has a great QB... oh... and wait... who was David's QB in college when he was great? A 6th round pick in the 2000 draft by the name of Tom Freakin Brady! They played together in college!

Finally, what has been the largest problem with David Terrell's game the past few years? A lack of focus. There is no such thing in NE... it simply is not allowed.

Do I think he is gunna lead the league in TD's and Rec Yards? No... But he is gunna be great this year... When I heard that NE picked him up I got real worried, as all of you should too... This is exactly what NE does best! Turn scrubs into superstars! And he has the talent and the tools (QB... Great team...) to get it done...

Pick him up in the late rounds of your Fantasy Football Leagues... He will be a steal!

Nasty

I just don't think so.......you make interesting points, but you left out a couple of things.

First, he is not going to start for Patriots unless someone gets hurt. Teh Patriots have two of the leagues most underrated WR's in David Givens and Deion Branch (maybe not so much anymore after the SB). They have both been there for years and are entering the peak of their chemistry with Brady.

Second, and I don't have time to verify this, here, but I'm assuming that Brady has already spent more time and completed more passes with both of them then he did with Terrell when he was at Michigan.

Third, you blame the quality of the Chicago QB's for Terrell's lack of production, but they didn't hinder Marty Booker's production much! Even Dez White out-produced Terrell in that offense.

Lastly, No Patriot WR's a usually good fantasy bets, because the offense dictates that the ball gets spread around so much that there really is no clear #1 option. Sure Terrell may have 1, maybe 2 100-yard games....but I'm fairly certain that he'll have 5-6 with 30 or less yards. With Branch, Givens, Terrell, Dwight, Bethel Johnson and Troy Brown all there I think that the trend of Brady spreading the ball around evenly will continue.

How did I do?

Back
Top Bottom