Players to watch for | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players to watch for

how does everybody think Mark Clayton will do? I think he should do well

Two more things on Terrell and the Patriots......

Terrell and Brady only started together at Michigan for one year....1999. Terrell had 66 catches for 880-something yards.....his best year was with Henson at QB. In all, Terrell only caught 80 passes in the 2 years Brady was QB there.

Second, if the Patriots are so good at turning other peoples trash into treasure, why did JJ Stokes (former high first round pick) resuurect his faltering career there in 2003??

nick1 said:
how does everybody think Mark Clayton will do? I think he should do well

Clayton is an instant star. Unless he suffers from some sophomore slump or inconsistencies by other offensive members, his growth should continue and he could become a yearly 1000yd 10TD guy.

But, remember, this year he's a "known". He'll be facing the best CB's and coverages. This year should tell the real tale of his ability to be a legitimate WR1.

NathanHunt said:
Clayton is an instant star. Unless he suffers from some sophomore slump or inconsistencies by other offensive members, his growth should continue and he could become a yearly 1000yd 10TD guy.

But, remember, this year he's a "known". He'll be facing the best CB's and coverages. This year should tell the real tale of his ability to be a legitimate WR1.

what he said. the sophmore year for rookie WR's that do well is always the real test to see how good they really are. I think clayton will be fine

burger13 said:
How did I do?

:clap: Well done... You have some great points... But here is my answer to that...
Teh Patriots have two of the leagues most underrated WR's in David Givens and Deion Branch
Branch is definatly underrated, but Givens isnt IMO. Givens is a decent receiver that can have a couple big games, but isnt underrated.
First, he is not going to start for Patriots unless someone gets hurt.......They have both been there for years and are entering the peak of their chemistry with Brady. Second, and I don't have time to verify this, here, but I'm assuming that Brady has already spent more time and completed more passes with both of them then he did with Terrell when he was at Michigan.
Terrell definatly will start the season (prob at the #2 behind Branch) and IMO will be pushin for the #1 in the second half of the season. He offers big play potential that none of the other WRs possess. Brady actually begged and pleaded with the front office to bring in Terrell. He told them that it was a move that they would never regret. I guarentee Brady is gunna be workin hard this offseason with Terrell to get that chem back. Since they have played together before, it wont take as long to re-establish it again.
Third, you blame the quality of the Chicago QB's for Terrell's lack of production, but they didn't hinder Marty Booker's production much! Even Dez White out-produced Terrell in that offense.
Great point! However I also stated that his LARGEST problem was a lack of focus and concentration. Billicheck simply just does not allow that to happen. There is soo much attention to detail in practice that it will force Terrell to focus better which has been the main reason he has busted so far. The lack of a QB didnt help either...
Lastly, No Patriot WR's a usually good fantasy bets, because the offense dictates that the ball gets spread around so much that there really is no clear #1 option..... I think that the trend of Brady spreading the ball around evenly will continue.
This was true because of their genius offensive cordinator Wiess. The plays he designed were awesome and he knew exactly where and how to attack the defenses. He is gone and now Billicheck will be running the offense. Billicheck will be alright, but there is no way that he can come up with the offense that Wiess put together. It is going to shift to a more basic offense with clear #1 and #2 receiver... and Terrell will be one of those 2...

Nasty

NathanHunt said:

he's a #1 WR right now? I thought Derrick Mason was?

nick1 said:
he's a #1 WR right now? I thought Derrick Mason was?

GEEZ, I'm REALLY off my game today!

I'm droppin' names like my phone number at a bar. :rofl3:

I was thinking/talking about Michael Clayton.....

Is it Week 1 yet? :goof:

NathanHunt said:
Steven Jackson - RB STL
David Boston - WR MIA
Kevin Jones - RB DET
Tatum Bell - RB DEN
Tyrone Calico - WR TEN
Joey Porter - WR OAK
Lamont Jordan - RB OAK
Muhsin Muhammed - WR CHI
Rex Grossman - QB CHI
Joey Harrington - QB DET
Roy Williams - WR DET
Eddie Berlin - WR TEN
Kurt Warner - QB ARI
Larry Fitzgerald - WR ARI
Marcell Shipp - RB ARI
Plaxico Burress - WR NYG
Eli Manning - QB NYG

Just to name a few.... oh and Any SEA WR who can catch!
pretty hard to be wrong when you name every up and coming player in the league

run_RONNIE_run

DaMessiah13 said:
pretty hard to be wrong when you name every up and coming player in the league

run_RONNIE_run

I didn't name every one. Some of the guys I named have changed teams and could easily flop on a new team. The thread is "players to watch for", not "player to watch for".

burger13 said:
Two more things on Terrell and the Patriots......

Terrell and Brady only started together at Michigan for one year....1999. Terrell had 66 catches for 880-something yards.....his best year was with Henson at QB. In all, Terrell only caught 80 passes in the 2 years Brady was QB there.

Second, if the Patriots are so good at turning other peoples trash into treasure, why did JJ Stokes (former high first round pick) resuurect his faltering career there in 2003??

There we go! Breakin out the stats! Well done Burger13! Thats what I like to see. God I love good debates!

OK... now I am at work and dont have alot of time to find the stats (I checked ESPN and the oldest Michigan stats they have is 2001), but where ever you found those stats, post for me what Brady's stats were that year and the stats of a couple of their other leading receivers. My point is that I am sure they werent that good. Brady was a 6th round pick for a reason... Because he wasnt that good in college. If he put up great numbers, he would have been selected alot higher than in the 6th round.

Post those numbers and get back to me... :wink:

You or anyone got anything else?

Nasty

Offense - Longshots

HB
Larry Johnson - KC
Mewelde Moore - Min
Ruben Droughns - Cle
Greg Jones - Jac

WR
Andre Davis - Cle
Reggie Williams - Jac

TE
Ben Troupe - Ten
Ben Watson - Ne

OL
Vernon Carey - Mia
Sean Andrews - Phi
Justin Smiley - SF
Jake Grove - Oak

QB
A.J. Feeley - Mia
Joey Harrington - Det

Defense - Longshots

DL
Jerome McDougal - Phi
Jimmy Kennedy - Stl
Vince Wilfork - NE

LB
Ian Gold - Den
Kendrell Bell - KC
Boss Bailey - Det

DB
Bob Sanders - Ind
Terrence McGee - Buf
Chris Gamble - Car
Sean Taylor - Was
Tebucky Jones - Mia
Antuan Edwards - Ne

Nasty said:
You got a couple that are on my top 5 list of breakout (or rebounding) players...

David Terrell - WR NE - Already stated why earlier...
Havent heard anyone disagree either :wink:
Tatum Bell - RB Den - He will be the next RB to have a 1000 yard season for the team, and then be the next RB to be traded during the following off season for atleast a 1st day pick (they get first day picks every year for their RBs! I dont know how their team isnt just stacked with awsome talent with all the great picks they have every year. I think they got a 3rd for freakin Ruben... what a deal!)

Nate Burleson - WR Min - Now Culpeppers #1 receiver... Hes young and quick. He will definatly suprise alot of people this year, he has just been in the shadow of the best receiver in the NFL

Anquan Boldin - WR Ari - Was hurt last year, but had a great rookie year with absolutly no one elses help. No QB, No WR accross from him, and no running game... Now he has all 3 with Warner, Fitzgerald, and JJ Arington... He will be great this year.

Dallas Clark - TE Indy - A great young and talented TE who is a 1st round pick. Got hurt last year but showed tons of promise and played well before the injury. And lets not forget... he has the best QB in the league throwin the ball to him.

Nasty

I was going to say burleson but cause he alraedy have a 1000 yrd season, i didn't really think this year would be his breakout season. I thought last year was :)

Back
Top Bottom