Players Who I Think Could Be Available At Pick 13 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players Who I Think Could Be Available At Pick 13

I'm good with either of these guys at #13. G/T flexibility. As far as DT's are concerned, I like Lawerence, for purposes of playing all over the line. There would be a lot of teeth gnashing if he was taken at 13...but I'd be cool as a fan with it.

OT/G Cody Ford
OT/G Jonah Williams

Lawrence might be there in round 2, which I'd be fine with.

The guy in the mid rounds at NT I want is Daylon Mack from Texas. Strong as hell, and I think you can find those strong AF NT-types later in the draft. If you're taking DL in the first round you want a guy who is dynamic as hell.

I'm not taking a G or RT at 13 unless it's an all world prospect like quinton Nelson

This does a really solid job of illustrating Ford as a prospect. He's got quick enough feet to play tackle but moves well enough and has the power to play guard. He's also versatile to play both at a really high level so he could play either position in a pinch.

OT/G Cody Ford
OT/G Jonah Williams
LB Devin White
DT Ed Oliver
DT Christian Wilkins
DE/OLB Jachai Polite
DE/OLB Brian Burns

Personally, I think Miami can get a pretty productive nose tackle later in the draft so I'd prefer edge rushers or offensive line.

Devin White is a really good player and I'm not sure he gets to us, but if he's there, I think you'd have to think hard about selecting him and adapting your defense to have 3 linebackers on the field a lot of the time.

I think offensive line is a bigger need than a penetrating defensive lineman, so I could absolutely get behind Cody Ford or Jonah Williams at our pick. Cody Ford is the type of player you could put at tackle or guard on the right side and have a terrific player for a decade. Ideally, Miami would re-sign James and have Ford line up at right guard. I also believe Jonah Williams.
We thought that about Jake Long and one injury changed all that. Not saying Ford's career is going to turn out the same way, but things happen. I like Ford, but I am going defense in the 1st.

The list will make more sense a week or so from now, once the Combine stuff is in, but this list seems reasonable. From that I'd say this:

Ed Oliver - needs further analysis, is he big enough, does he have the work ethic our new system requires?

Devin White - we don't need a LB … but talent is talent, and this kid is a fantastic talent. If we're drafting BPA, it's going to be hard to pass on White no matter who is available. IMHO, he has the potential to be the best player in this draft when it is all said and done.

Jachai Polite - bread and butter pick, I can see us drafting someone like him. Lots of natural ability, some flexibility, one of the more likely choices I've seen.

Brian Burns - love his potential, but he's going to have to put on a lot of muscle, and who knows how that will project. Haven't seen him at the right weight to judge his versatility yet, or test his ability to adapt scheme-wise. Easy to see his raw ability though. Intriguing choice, but may even be available in the 2nd round, where I would be extremely interested.

I'm expecting mid-round picks for OL, so none of those OL prospects move the needle for me. Coach Flores is a defensive coach, and I could see DE, CB or even DT if the right one is available, but if we're tanking I don't expect to see any offensive players at 13.

The elephant in the room is the trade out of the 13th spot, either down for more picks or into the 2020 draft signaling our intent for a QB in that draft. It's too early to judge, but this would be an ideal time to consider trading down. We need more picks and we may need draft capital to find a QB in 2020.

I've been impressed in the past with Grier's recent drafts and Reggie McKenzie's drafts, so I'm hoping they don't veer from the course in a desperation attempt to win now.

From that list, for Miami, I'd go:

Williams
Oliver

White

Ford (19 reps is a bit of a concern)
Polite (fit concerns)

Burns (size concerns)

Wilkins (solid but not an exciting player)
Not exciting, are you kidding me. Kid has been one of the most disruptive dt for 3 years straight. He’s the 3 best dt in this draft and very disruptive and quick and stormy and can play multiple fronts . Think of a smaller Vince wilfork. He can play 5 tech or 1 tech. Mark my words he won’t last past 16

I've only just latched onto him properly but one player I'm really liking at the moment is Clelin Ferrell.

We can be Polite by keeping it in-state with a lucky #99.

Man, how is this kid not rated higher? What are the concerns? Size? Something off-field?

He's such a smart player. Watch him drop back looking to block passing lanes when he gets owned at the line.

Motor is ridiculous. Watch him run down a play 30 yards down the field.

He's zero to 100 in a blink. He so fast off the line he puts the tackle on skates like a freagin bullrush without the bull.

IMO, this is a guy you can move all over the field in Patriotesque attack you from every side, drop 'em back to confuse, everyone standing type defense that won them the SB.

If the coaching staff has a plan for Ed Oliver I don’t see how that’s not the pick.

some of these guy are going be bust. pick wisely. lot of these guy are over rate.

I just don't see the team going with a Cody Ford at 13 when the interior online is actually pretty deep in this draft.

Linstrom, McCoy, Bradbury, Jenkins, Jordan, Risner...Just seems like if you are going G in the top 15 he better be an elite level guy.

I just don't see the team going with a Cody Ford at 13 when the interior online is actually pretty deep in this draft.

Linstrom, McCoy, Bradbury, Jenkins, Jordan, Risner...Just seems like if you are going G in the top 15 he better be an elite level guy.

I actually think this draft (in general) drops off significantly after the first round and a half. Mike Jordan should not be mentioned in the same sentence as some of the other top guys.

Back
Top Bottom