Playoffs 2018 | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs 2018

With Wentz and without Ajayi they still would have gone far. Without Wentz, they needed Ajayi

I like NE to win because they always do but I don't rule out Philly. I know nobody will agree with me and I'll get slammed but I think the disparity between Wentz and Foles is being a bit overstated. People absolutely fall madly in love with young QB's and overstate their value all the time. I like Wentz and think he's a better more talented player than Nick Foles without a doubt but he's still a young QB with one good season under his belt. Out of curiosity I took a look at both of there best seasons in the NFL and this is what I found. In both of there best years both QB's played 13 games:

Wentz 2017
60.2% completion percentage, 3296 yards, 7.5ypa, 33 TD's, 7 picks, 101.9 rating

Foles 2013
64.0% completion percentage, 2891 yards, 9.5 ypa, 27 TD's, 2 picks, 119.2 rating

What I really found interesting was Foles had the much better completion percentage and ypa meaning he was the more accurate passer throwing further down the field. I know different teams different systems but it's hard to argue Foles played for the better team in 13 when this team is in the Super Bowl.

Reminder I think Wentz is better and has a bright future, my point is the disparity isn't as big as people are making it right now. Fans really gush and fall madly in love with young QB's before they prove anything (RGIII) in this league. Anybody who doesn't agree with that isn't paying attention.

They came to see more smoke and mirrors but a typhoon showed up and blew the Patriots away.

Back
Top Bottom