Playoffs 2018 | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs 2018

No, I had the Patriots winning outright and won money like I almost always do betting on Brady. As far as home field calls there was no phantom penalties in the 4th quarter. Only one penalty called in the entire 2nd half and it was a valid pass interference call against Jack on Cooks. Brady threw 3 in completions shortly after and the only penalty of the half was followed by Patriot punt. Hardly any advantage this game in the second half. They pretty much let them play as opposed to calling something on ever other play. I would say the biggest play was the Jack recovered fumble where the refs blew the whistle. He may have scored making it 27-10.
No team in the NFL plays a perfect game(penalty wise) on offense and defense for 60 minutes. It was fixed and the NFL got what wanted for the SB. No other way around that at all.

No, I had the Patriots winning outright and won money like I almost always do betting on Brady. As far as home field calls there was no phantom penalties in the 4th quarter. Only one penalty called in the entire 2nd half and it was a valid pass interference call against Jack on Cooks. Brady threw 3 in completions shortly after and the only penalty of the half was followed by Patriot punt. Hardly any advantage this game in the second half. They pretty much let them play as opposed to calling something on ever other play. I would say the biggest play was the Jack recovered fumble where the refs blew the whistle. He may have scored making it 27-10.
For me the calls were not as huge as some other games for the Pats. The pass interference that led to the first TD was a momentum changer. The lack of calls when the Jags D-linemen were getting held quite a bit mattered. I wonder if the Jags DB's played differently because of being called for the PI earlier.

From your lips to God's ears if the Pats win.... Anything to be rid of him.

I'm not so sure about it, but I heard some speculate that if Bill B left New England after leaving on top and then came back 2019 to coach again and get a lucrative contract for any team. Some thought he'd return to the Giants. Remember he was a coordinator for the Giants among other guys under Bill Parcells a long time ago. I'm not so sure, but then I don't know why he'd want to do that unless the Giants actually had a talented qb he could work with. Eli is done and not good and probably will retire or be gone and I don't think they have any qb that is good or could be good. Now if the Giants had Garrapolo that would make more sense, but the 49ers have him and they got a coach.

Well he does share in their success and gave them a better team

Lol! Sure man..Sure! Like I said without Ajayi the Eagles had no chance of making it to the Superbowl. Before he got there they were already like what? 10-1? 9-2?

Yep! No chance without Ajayi...

Lol..give me a freak'in break!

Lol! Sure man..Sure! Like I said without Ajayi the Eagles had no chance of making it to the Superbowl. Before he got there they were already like what? 10-1? 9-2?

Yep! No chance without Ajayi...

Lol..give me a freak'in break!

What I said and what you are joking about are two different things. I said he is responsible for some of their success not that they rode him to the superbowl.
In the playoffs he has been their main back and is giving them 100 all purpose yards a game
He has been their whole run game in the playoffs with Blount averaging about 2.5 yards per carry and almost no ability to catch the ball.
Without Ajayi they likely would have lost to Atlanta. He made a huge third down on their final drive gaining 32 yards on a catch and putting them in Atlanta territory.
They were 3-1 when he got there and with him they were 10-2 although he did not have an amazing regular season but he was invaluable in the playoffs esp in the Atlanta win.
So I never said they had no chance but Legarette Blount is not making that play when they needed it because he does not have the speed or hands to do it.
The backups are not better than Ajayi. I never once said that they had no chance without him

What I said and what you are joking about are two different things. I said he is responsible for some of their success not that they rode him to the superbowl.
In the playoffs he has been their main back and is giving them 100 all purpose yards a game
He has been their whole run game in the playoffs with Blount averaging about 2.5 yards per carry and almost no ability to catch the ball.
Without Ajayi they likely would have lost to Atlanta. He made a huge third down on their final drive gaining 32 yards on a catch and putting them in Atlanta territory.
They were 3-1 when he got there and with him they were 10-2 although he did not have an amazing regular season but he was invaluable in the playoffs esp in the Atlanta win.
So I never said they had no chance but Legarette Blount is not making that play when they needed it because he does not have the speed or hands to do it.
The backups are not better than Ajayi. I never once said that they had no chance without him
With Wentz and without Ajayi they still would have gone far. Without Wentz, they needed Ajayi

Did you just write "Hands" to do it? Ajayi and "Hands"...sure dlockz!

Can't wait to see the Patriots face an overall more talented team that relishes the underdog role while not fearing the "Unbeatable Bradriots" on a neutral field. The Jags should have taken them today but had to battle against the hostile crown and Foxboro officiating. They came up short. The Eagles will not. Sorry for all you Patriots fans who don't see the train coming before it runs you over.

Agree..it will be interesting to see but we've been here way too many times hoping for the Pats to make a mess of it in the big game.

Problem is they rarely do simply because as we hate to admit they are an extremely well coached football team throughout the years.

The NFL draft is primarily setup to allow parity over the years, but the Pats always seem to be there or there about, which us Dolphin fans can only dream of in recent(ish) years - that's because as echoed by many Phins fans here Belichick knows how to coach & surround himself with good coaches where the players are part of his system and not the other way round.

2 weeks preparation is way too long for Belichick not to prepare for & address the Eagles success points up until now. He always finds a way to combat these with fairly mediocre players & if not is the master of half time adjustments.

I will be surprised like many others if this is a blowout on either side & once again Brady & Belichick will find a way to win when it matters most. You need something special to beat the Pats in the big games (like a David Tyree moment) which the Jags didn't have/play for. Felt they went too conservative at key moments of the game rather going for the throat when the Pats & 'hostile crowd' were out but not down. If Wentz was playing I would be more optimistic about the Eagles not doing the same as the Jags, but I'm getting an all too familiar feeling Belicheck will plan to rattle Foles & not allow him to have an easy time to throw either via pressure or mis-direction defense packages.

As for Brady - just annoyingly good, man reminds me of Montana, nothing about him would suggest he's a good QB in terms of arm strength and height etc, but intelligent and cool under pressure. Last year's Superbowl told me all I knew about him but hated to admit - the man just knows how to win. Down and out with his receivers dropping passes left, right and centre, he still came back to win it all. And yes, we were all here saying the Falcons would blow them out with their high powered offense - but the Pats just find a way to win. Sound familiar - but maybe this year.....?

Anyway - who told you it would be neutral officiating Superbowl - surely this would be a platform for the NFL powers that be for things to go their way ;)

Cool Story.....Eagles Forum is that way --->
Nevermind obviously you are being obtuse for no reason. Not even close to an Eagles fan but it's ignorant to not say he helped get to Superbowl especially the huge play he made in the falcons game

26992706_1845878745487075_3102692290888185175_n.jpg

The Eagles should follow the blueprint we established that Monday night. Score a lot early and keep hanging on long enough to withstand the brady onslaught.

If this SB is played like many of the ones the patsies have been in for the last years (close) the Eagles win. Watch though for it to be 28-0 chowdah boys at the half and Foles to be a deer in the headlights.

The Eagles should follow the blueprint we established that Monday night. Score a lot early and keep hanging on long enough to withstand the brady onslaught.

If this SB is played like many of the ones the patsies have been in for the last years (close) the Eagles win. Watch though for it to be 28-0 chowdah boys at the half and Foles to be a deer in the headlights.

Their defense is much better than ours but they will also be facing Gronk who didn't play in our game. Wide 9 in the Super Bowl.

Actually I think it plays out the other way. If it is a blowout it will be the Eagles winning and if it is close I wouldn't bet against Brady. All seven of the Patriots Super Bowls have been decided by one score. Think this one will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom