Playoffs 2018 | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs 2018

Ok, not going up argue about this for 2 weeks. Will you be here WHEN the patriots win? I’ll talk about it again then.

I will definitely be here no matter who wins. Will you be here when the Patriots lose?

Disappointed that we won't be watching who we should be watching in the Superbowl. However we know how things go if you allow the Patriots to have a shot in the 4th quarter when playing in Fauxboro. The refs will do as much as they can to push the needle towards their team.

Been here since 2002. I remember threads about trading hit Ricky and acquiring seau.

Yeah I wish we could be discussing the Dolphins in the Superbowl right now. Getting Ricky was probably one of the best moves Wannstadt made. Seau (RIP) was still pretty good when he joined the Dolphins. I was dumb enough to think those '02 and '03 teams actually had a shot. Thought they would at least have made the playoffs. Some disappointing years. Overall Wannstadt failed especially when it came to personnel decisions. Sadly he was the last Dolphins head coach to win a playoff game.

Prediction:
- Patriots win 6th Super Bowl
- Belichick retires
- Patriots hire Nick Saban who torments us for the next decade

Prediction:
- Patriots win 6th Super Bowl
- Belichick retires
- Patriots hire Nick Saban who torments us for the next decade

Kraft would have to offer Saban a piece of the team for him to even consider leaving Alabama to try to replace Belichick and his legacy in New England. Saban is a egomaniac but also will run away when he has to deal with grown men and when things don't go exactly the way he wants. I doubt he will leave Alabama.

Kraft would have to offer Saban a piece of the team for him to even consider leaving Alabama to try to replace Belichick and his legacy in New England. Saban is a egomaniac but also will run away when he has to deal with grown men and when things don't go exactly the way he wants. I doubt he will leave Alabama.

I doubt saban had any issue with grown men here outside of the previous owner.

Yeah I wish we could be discussing the Dolphins in the Superbowl right now. Getting Ricky was probably one of the best moves Wannstadt made. Seau (RIP) was still pretty good when he joined the Dolphins. I was dumb enough to think those '02 and '03 teams actually had a shot. Thought they would at least have made the playoffs. Some disappointing years. Overall Wannstadt failed especially when it came to personnel decisions. Sadly he was the last Dolphins head coach to win a playoff game.

The 02 team especially. Fiedler’s injury killed us. He wasn’t good enough anyway but Lucas was a joke.

I doubt saban had any issue with grown men here outside of the previous owner.

I don't know Saban seems better at dealing with college kids than he did grown men in the NFL. He certainly failed in his two years with the Dolphins. His drafts were awful. The only halfway decent players he drafted were Ronnie Brown (with the #2 pick in the draft) and Channing Crowder. Whether you want to believe it was Saban's decision or the Dolphins' doctors, they picked Culpepper over Brees. After two losing seasons he ran away because he couldn't deal with the NFL. Eventually the blame was passed onto his wife who supposedly was nagging him to leave. Saban is a great College coach but doubtful that he will ever be successful in the NFL.

Would be karma if he became head coach of the Patriots and ended up destroying that team. Brady won't be playing much longer so Saban would once again be looking for a quality QB. While Gase becomes the next great NFL coach. Gase's Dolphins can dominate Saban's Patriots until Saban gives up once again and runs back to the NCAA. Would be pretty sweet for Dolphins fans. The Patriots and their fans don't know how good they have had it for all these year. Sad thing for them is they have been playing with house money but it's just about time to pay the piper.

The 02 team especially. Fiedler’s injury killed us. He wasn’t good enough anyway but Lucas was a joke.

Yeah Lucas goes down as one of the worst QBs in Dolphins history. Of course when he played for the Jets against the Dolphins he would always play great. Had Fiedler not gotten hurt vs the Broncos the Dolphins more than likely make the playoffs in '02. They probably wouldn't have advanced far but they would have at least made it in.

I don't know Saban seems better at dealing with college kids than he did grown men in the NFL. He certainly failed in his two years with the Dolphins. His drafts were awful. The only halfway decent players he drafted were Ronnie Brown (with the #2 pick in the draft) and Channing Crowder. Whether you want to believe it was Saban's decision or the Dolphins' doctors, they picked Culpepper over Brees. After two losing seasons he ran away because he couldn't deal with the NFL. Eventually the blame was passed onto his wife who supposedly was nagging him to leave. Saban is a great College coach but doubtful that he will ever be successful in the NFL.

Would be karma if he became head coach of the Patriots and ended up destroying that team. Brady won't be playing much longer so Saban would once again be looking for a quality QB. While Gase becomes the next great NFL coach. Gase's Dolphins can dominate Saban's Patriots until Saban gives up once again and runs back to the NCAA. Would be pretty sweet for Dolphins fans. The Patriots and their fans don't know how good they have had it for all these year. Sad thing for them is they have been playing with house money but it's just about time to pay the piper.

He failed not much more than our current coach. One winning season followed by a losing season. I'm confused how you feel Gase will be the next great coach and Saban would be dominated by him.

Gase career coaching record 16-16
Saban 15-17

So gase is one game better. You have way too little evidence to say that Saban could not be a successdful NFL coach and just as little evidence that Gase will be much better.
Hell we are not dominating the McDermott Bills and the Todd Bowles Jets much less any team.

As for choosing Culpepper of course it was a mistake in retrospect much like spending 10 million on Cutler this year.
Similar results although Cutler was not injured and did play better.
I firmly believe that Culpepper came back way too soon from his injury and that is why we had signed Harrington but he was bad here no doubt.
I guess you also forget that we could have signed another qb over Cutler

Saban's 66, I don't think he is interested in trying the NFL again at this point in his life.

Not should he in reality. His legacy is cemented if he never again coaches in the NFL. One of the greatest coaches of all time. Nobody says well Bear Bryant was only a great college football coach. There is no difference in this day in age as far as college is no longer the so called minors. Coaches leave the NFL for college and visa versa. Both are hard in their own way and just doing well in either one is hardly a barometer of success in the other.

Back
Top Bottom