pleae put in sage!!!! PLEASE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

pleae put in sage!!!! PLEASE

Too many people are ready to write this season off.

IT IS NOT OVER! We nee dto put the bes t players on the field. I do not think that Sage is the best QB on our team at this time!

i agree put rosenfels in. could he do any worse. he did what griese couldn't do against the titans and that was score.

I don't think this seaosn is over either. That is why I said perhaps in a couple of weeks if we are still on this losing streak than yes, it would be appropriate to see what he can do.

right now there is not a good QB on the dolphins team. so why not see what sage can do?

If we lose the next two I say start him cause the season will be over and he will lose the rest of the games for us and we will get a great draft pick out of it.

Im not ridig this season off at all. I do beleive we can have a very good year. But I also beleive Sage Can make a big difference in this offense. Number One hes got a great Arm, and number two it will be a spark that just might ignite this offense. Now dont get me wrong if the oline cant block it doesnt matter whose back there. but chip block the DE's with our Te and it will give sage an extra few seconds he needs to make the long ball so defenses can stop stacking the line.
Is there one person on this board who actually went to a practice this offseason who can actually say that sage doesnt have the best arm on this team? Please let me know. For those of U who didnt attend any practices and still do not believe in Sage. Please use some common sense and dont just disagree to be difficult and listen to those who have actually seen him in person. And keep an open Mind. This kid will be the future of some club and If we dont use him now we will lose him next year.

Heres to the Fins turning this season around and making a good run in the playoffs! :drinker: CHEERS

He needs to get more playing time but since we never blow anyone out that's not available. Sage is not starting material. People said start Greise how could he do any worse well now you see how. The same goes for Sage.

yeah but I said all along in the long run I like Sage better than Brian. What can you say about Sage other than inexperience that leads you to belive he cant play? You cant. Brian has baggage, Jay has baggage, Whats Sage's Baggage? He has a above avg arm, he is smart and confident. What exactly do you think he would do that is so much worse than what Brian has done? This kid is hungry, listen to him talk, he says teh riight things waits his turn but you can tell he is aching to play, he has teh mentality.

Would you have guessed that Brady would do what he has done at the time Bledsoe got hurt? What about Pennington? There had been reports early preseason last year that There was some frustration with Chads developement and wondered when the kid would be ready if ever. When these 2 got their chance, look what happened? They took off.

I said in preseason that I think Sage may be the qb of the futuire and still believe that, but he needs a chance. When should he get the chance, when will it ever be a better time? Maybe not start him, but if Brian plays like he has the last 2 games, what could Sage possibly do that is worse?

Originally posted by short13
i agree put rosenfels in. could he do any worse. he did what griese couldn't do against the titans and that was score.

IN GARBAGE TIME :rolleyes:

I can't believe some of you...remember Lucas? Does Scott Mitchell ring a bell?

I agree that he looks to have promise, but technically, we're competing for a championship. If this was San Diego, I would say what the hell?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see Sage get a chance too but, I don't think it's a good idea. The fact that our O-line is in such a mess and the possibility that it could be a fatal flaw on this team means that the season is not going to be saved by QB play alone.

So, let's say Sage takes over now and actually shows he can play well but, because of the O-line our season ends prematurely anyway.
What have we accomplished?

Bad things.

Someone, said that Sage is a free agent after the season. If that is true, instead of having a "hidden gem" that we can sign relatively cheaply, we have a bright shiny diamond that others are admiring and all of a sudden we are looking at spending major dollars on an up and coming player. Considering Fiedler's salary and Griese's wants next season, Sage just may be our ace in the hole. That being the case, I don't think it would be wise to show our cards yet.

If we can get the o-line to shape up just a little bit, Griese or Fiedler are perfectly capable of making this offense go, we don't need to showcase Sage for the rest of the league to see.

Considering the emphatic "NO" that Wanny gives when Sage is mentioned as a possibilty this year, either he totally sucks and they know it, which I doubt seriously, or they might be playing this a little smarter than we all think.

Last edited:
You may be right on that. Considering Norv and wandik both have said how well he is coming along and Norv stated emphatically that Sage would be a very good player in this league and not as a backup leads me to believe that they think highly of him and he couldnt have fallen so far so fast that they now think he stinks, when did he have the chance to fall? So they may not want to showcase him this year with his contract being up.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
You may be right on that. Considering Norv and wandik both have said how well he is coming along and Norv stated emphatically that Sage would be a very good player in this league and not as a backup leads me to believe that they think highly of him and he couldnt have fallen so far so fast that they now think he stinks, when did he have the chance to fall? So they may not want to showcase him this year with his contract being up.

I think that if the whole team was playing well and we were still getting horrible play from our QBs, then they might bring Sage in to try and salvage it but, if they don't think it will help this season because of the problems we are having with the O-line, then it makes perfect sense not to use him at all.

Back
Top Bottom