Please bring in Brunell..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please bring in Brunell.....

Are you Mark's brother?

We need a YOUNG NEW talented QB. Lets start from scratch with this position, it hasn't been done for a very long time now, and now is the time.

i dont think anybody doubts how good he is.. ive been watching brunell since the first years of the Jags.. and ive always wished he was here.. but he doesnt have that many years left in his career.. maybe 2 or 3.. i guess it all depends on which route the dolphins will be taking next year.. either go for it all again and get brunell... or get a young QB in the draft and build.

How about get Brunell AND draft a young QB? Then bring the new guy along slowly.

That is what we should do, get brunell for the three year window that the defense probably has left, and draft a QB to groom behind him..........

two words............Chad Pennington.

remember how they drafted him and played Vinny while they made their run? We should follow that to a tee.

Don't expect Miami to draft a young QB and have him start next year...this team has a solid core...great defense and a franchise RB...do you think that this organization will just go through the "growing pains" of a rookie QB at the expense of the other players??? I doubt it...that's why brining in Brunell and drafting a young QB will be the best option...IMO.

This team still has a good chance to win it all...you may think I'm crazy but they do...if they could fix the problems on the O-Line (sign some quality O-Lineman in the offseason)...that would in itself be a huge step towards the right direction...hopefully they will learn how to play as a unit quickly...I'm guessing that if are O-Line is better next year...it may give us at least two - three more wins than we'll have this year...and this year is not over yet.

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Are you Mark's brother?

We need a YOUNG NEW talented QB. Lets start from scratch with this position, it hasn't been done for a very long time now, and now is the time.

Not true. Example. Rich Gannon for Oakland. Brunnell may not have a lot of years ahead of him, but he's got what it would take to put this team over the top. Experience, talent, leadership. There are other examples of journeymen who took over and WON superbowls...Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer to name a few.
Sign Brunnell, we win a SB or two, and plan for the future accordingly. The future is NOW!

Originally posted by AndyM

Not true. Example. Rich Gannon for Oakland. Brunnell may not have a lot of years ahead of him, but he's got what it would take to put this team over the top. Experience, talent, leadership. There are other examples of journeymen who took over and WON superbowls...Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer to name a few.
Sign Brunnell, we win a SB or two, and plan for the future accordingly. The future is NOW!

didn't brunell have a couple concussions already?
isn't brunell a highly imobile QB who needs a stout OL to be effective?

yes to the first part.

no to the second part......check his numbers, he is more mobile than jay.

Not a terrible Idea, but i don't think Brunell is the answer. That said, i don't know who is. I can tell you this though, i want us to draft Ben Rothlinsburger from Miami of Ohio. This guy is the real deal.

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Not a terrible Idea, but i don't think Brunell is the answer. That said, i don't know who is. I can tell you this though, i want us to draft Ben Rothlinsburger from Miami of Ohio. This guy is the real deal.

we have to add more than just a QB. OL..#2 receiver are as high of a priority as a QB. I would even put those ahead of any other need.

We need a lot more than just a QB, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving Brunny a look.

Brunell is a Pro-Bowl caliber QB, he is a free-agent. So we can still get that #2 reciever you want, plus the O-line we need.

This move should be a no-brainer.

didn't brunell have a couple concussions already?
isn't brunell a highly imobile QB who needs a stout OL to be effective?

He was more of a scrambler, pretty mobile. I think he is more pocket savvy now but can move just as good as Jay. I think he is a step in the right direction for now. I think we are bringing Sage along fine and am curious to see how he does in a real game...For all we know, we may already have our guy.

Back
Top Bottom