Please sell me on Fisher | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please sell me on Fisher

Fisher is a good coach. He would build a good Titans team, and the tight wads in the FO wouldn't spend any money to keep his players. much less get any new free agents.

I wonder if that's because he wasn't winning enough for them to keep doing it. I like fisher, it wouldn't bother me if he was the coach, except if he changes the D..but Fisher hasn't won very much of anything in the 16 years with the titians..

This is an easy sell. He has 6 winning seasons in 17 and like to pound the ball on offense and run a 4/3 defense which will take away the only good part of our team. Look at our Jimmy Johnson on years. He is perfect to keep adding to our legacy.

So we're comparing candidates to Shula to paint them as bad choices now? haha! this is getting ridiculous...

Fisher's team destroyed the team that embarrassed the Jimmy Johnson led Dolphins by a score of 62-7. There must be a reason why Fisher is coveted by many teams while Billick can't sniff an interview. I like the fact that Fisher stayed away from a role as a media analyst. It shows that he is committed to returning to coaching. It is also appealing that he is not demanding total control. To me having a competent, professional, authoritative coach outweighs whatever schematic differences there are with the current system.

This is an easy sell. He has 6 winning seasons in 17 and like to pound the ball on offense and run a 4/3 defense which will take away the only good part of our team. Look at our Jimmy Johnson on years. He is perfect to keep adding to our legacy.

So we're comparing candidates to Shula to paint them as bad choices now? haha! this is getting ridiculous...
The reason I compared Fisher to Shula is because do you want a HC that strives for excellence or one that strives for mediocrity with a 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 record that secures his job in the future. I know there are very few that can come in and do what Shula did, but I want someone that will at least try.:rolleyes2:

I am glad to read from the posts so far that I am not the only one that is not sold on Fisher. Even the people that have made arguments supporting Fisher don't sound 100% convinced either. I am tired of mediocrity, if Fisher is indeed who we hire, I hope he does better here than he did with the Titans, cuz honestly his track record does not Wow me at all. I would love to be pleasantly surprised for a change!

some ppl are funny. They only point out the bad and dont take a look at the good.

-Whatever coach holds a head coaching positions in the nfl for 17 years is something special. Incase some havent noticed, tony sparano could not hold an nfl job for more than 3 years and almost got fired on his 2nd year. Fisher held one for 17 years. U can say he had alot of losing seasons and all but if he wasnt the great coach everyone thinks he is he would have been fired.
-I heard someone say something about philosophy? did tony sparano even have a philosophy? if we get a coach with a philosophy more power to us, huge upgrade over our last coach who didnt even have one.
- It could be worse u know, we could have kept sparano like ross wanted to do.
-This is the first coach since the jimmy johnson days that has also been to a superbowl before, and guess what, he was half a yard from winning that superbowl.

Im all in on fisher, would be very happy if we got him. Looking like the rams are giving us a run for our money though.

Fisher is widely respected in league circles. He is an effective communicator and game manager something we have not seen in a long time. When you look at his record don't be fooled into believing its an accurate assessment of his abilities. Over the course of 17 years there will be rebuilds and you can see that. Some will count his 8-8 seasons as winning or losing depending on their agenda. He was within a yard of beating the greatest show on turf for the Super Bowl title so he is as hungry as one can be for a championship.

If you separate the emotion from your logic and look at the big picture you probably will see that he would be a good choice. Although he is not my preference, the Dolphins could do a lot worse.

I've been on this board for many many moons, but don't do a lot of posting. I decided to post because I am not sold on Fisher and would like you guys to help me get there. Are the Dolphins going after Fisher because he is the best coach out there?, or because he is the only big name coach out there?. The guy has a regular season record of slightly over .500 and below that in the playoffs. What has he done that is so great?. Aren't we better of with some hungry coordinator?. Is this all just desperation on our part?. Please humor me and sell me on Fisher, because I am not convinced.

I bascially agree with you. I look at the track record before I choose anything and to spend big money on this guy is a gamble IMO for slightly better than middle of the road results. I would really look hard at a young hungry guy who has a strong track record on the offensive side of the ball. Then I would retain Nolan, our QB coach, TE and WR coach possibly the RB coach, I would not retain our OL coach. Keep the ST coach and Nolan as all costs and build from there.

Back
Top Bottom