Pleased W/ Rds 1-3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pleased W/ Rds 1-3

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
For the first time in recent years i can say I am actually happy with how the draft is going. Maybe they actually shut T-Dumb up and put him in a corner. I have to think they are targeting a QB in the 4th rd. Luke Falk, Mike White, or Kyle Lauletta. I also think we need to get some OL help. There are still some prospects out there we can use, but with draft picks dwindling and the many needs on this team, we are not going to able to cover them all.

John Kelly - rb
samuels - rb/fb/te
Trenton Thompson - dt
settle - dt
Ian Thomas - te
Fumagilli - te
Izzo- te

avery - lb
elliot - s (seems unlikely but would be a good pick if we can fill some other holes)

lauletta - qb

pineiro - k

theres my top targets for tmrw

They can do more.

Id still like to add Ian Thomas or Troy Fumagallu and do a complete 180 with our biggest need for the last decade.

Same with Shaqueem Griffin.

If you're going to add another tight end you might want to go with someone know as a decent blocker instead of Thomas or Fumagalli. Maybe Smyte from Notre Dame. I'm thinking one of the 4th round picks will be a running back.

I've been pleased as well. Really happy with first 2 rounds. 3rd pick is okay. I love that he and McMillan were close teammates.

4th round I would love for us to double down on LB. Hoping Griffin falls to us and we take him. I believe he fits the mold of the type of man/player Gase wants.

I'm ready for a combo Guard, LB, DT or RB in round 4

But I think we've nailed these first 3 rounds ..maybe Jerome Brown wasn't who everyone wanted but it still addresses a need and puts more competition in the LB room. I like it a lot so far

So far so good. I'm thinking a DT (Tim Settle) or Maurice Hurst pending health) with 4A and either a RB (Kalen Ballage or Mark Walton) or QB (Lauletta, White, or Falk) with 4B.

But also, I wouldn't mind doubling up at TE with Ian Thomas or LB Genard Avery or Josey Jewell

Last edited:
If you're going to add another tight end you might want to go with someone know as a decent blocker instead of Thomas or Fumagalli. Maybe Smyte from Notre Dame. I'm thinking one of the 4th round picks will be a running back.

The TE Schultz out of Standford is a very good blockerreceiver and an above average

These 2 days instantly made our team better! I'm very excited! These are the picks that make the team better, make the fans happy and give promise to the upcoming season.

We got 2 needs and a want in my eyes. Minkah is a want, but, he will bring so much to this team. Needs fulfilled at TE and OLB.

Fellas, I feel like Gase told Tannebaum, "Look, no BS, just get the guys we need to win THIS year!"

Feelin' good tonight.

I'll have two of these please.

Tim Settle
Josey Jewell
Kyle Lauletta
Tyrell Crosby
Mark Walton
Josh Sweat
Trenton Thompson
Luke Falk
Ian Thomas
Foley Fatukasi
Luke Falk

And yes, I'm down with spending a late round pick on Daniel Carlson or Eddy Peneiro.

Give me Averett for slot and a DT

Or Hand, surprised he’s still available

Last edited:
But I couldn't be happier with the first two days of this draft.

We got potentially the best defensive player in this entire draft, arguably the best tight end prospect in a deep class (1/2 with Goedert on most boards), and an athletic speedy sideline to sideline linebacker who can cover. And on top of that, we filled our three biggest needs.

Kudos, Chris Grier. We can see the difference you're making. This guy deserves a lot of credit. We had a very solid draft in 2017 as well, and that will come more into focus when McMillan gets on the field.

I feel like Miami hit it out of the ballpark with the first two picks.

I had Gesicki as my top "want" in round two and it's so rare that Miami matches what I'm thinking. This guy IMO is the top receiving tight end in the class and perhaps the missing piece to make the offense really sing. His background in basketball and volleyball shows up big on the football field. Tannehill's coming back, the offensive line looks good on paper, the addition of Gore balances the running game. No big names receivers, but a pretty good group.

Baker is a speedy linebacker, who tackles well. Good match-up guy for what the NFL is doing now. I might have gone in a different direction there, but I'm not complaining either. Looks like the front office has a solid plan, which includes getting faster and more athletic on defense.

One one major concern right now is I think teams will run all day on Miami. The team needs to find some talent at DT. Thompson, from Georgia, is a guy I really like. Hurst as well, but looks like he's an injury risk. Find a backup quarterback (White would be my choice), a running back and perhaps another LB.

Back
Top Bottom