Pleased W/ Rds 1-3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pleased W/ Rds 1-3

I'm with you brother Langer i don't follow college players other than my hometown Canes. If DK is pleased so am I :thumbsup

Plus Michael Scott and San fran whose opinions I value.

They can do more.

Id still like to add Ian Thomas or Troy Fumagallu and do a complete 180 with our biggest need for the last decade.

Same with Shaqueem Griffin.

Lauletta could be tempting.

Agree 100 percent.

Love Griffin. He's more LB with one hand than dozens of LBs that Miami has trotted out there over the last many years.

LD

giphy.gif

I can't remember another draft where the phins front office mirrored my own thinking as closely as this one. Round 1, given how the board fell, I wanted Fitz. We got him. Round 2, I wanted Gesicki. I get that he can't block, but I honestly don't care. Tannehill needs a guy who can go up and get the ball. Gase's offense is crying out for a true seam threat. Gesicki looks like a physical freak to me. I couldn't have been happier with the first two picks.

Round 3 I wanted a linebacker (won't pretend to know enough to say who would have been best left), but am happy that's the direction the team went and will wait and see how Baker turns out. Lets go add a DT, K, OL depth, and a developmental QB and I'll be just as happy with rounds 4-7 as I was 1-3.

Really like the draft as far as needs fulfilled. The DT is still a gaping hole along with a backup rb imo. Will be interesting to see how they handle those areas tomorrow. Really last year's draft checked the boxes as far as needs, but Harris developed late, McMillian got hurt, Tank showed up and got hurt. So jury is out but potential is still there.

Is it wrong to want 2 O-linemen in the 4th and 5th? Just watching out for our 2 remaining QB's.

I'll give B+ Love first 2 picks, not a huge fan of Baker. I get the pick and I understand what they want to do and in theory it's a great idea and brings versatility to the D. BUT I just don't think Baker is there yet

It’s also kind of like Raekwon McMillan is a LB draft pick for us this year, never seeing game play last year..
I was thinking this too. Getting McMillan back is essentially getting an extra LB this year. This gets me more excited with the way this draft is going.

Unbelievable you could get Terrell Crosby and Jemarco Jones in the 4th round. That’s crazy.

But I’d like best RB and DT in round 4.

Gase seems to have brought a discipline to the draft process, nothing crazy has been done, just fill you needs with good players and let the team take shape. Happy with everything so far.

Note: Give Tbaum some credit as well......good job all around.

I’m one of the guys that is still crying over not getting Rosen, but it’s hard not to love this draft. We filled 3 huge needs. We got 3 guys who will be pencilled in as starters as camp opens. We got 2 guys, Fitz and Gesicki, who many had rated as the best prospect at thier position. That is hard to do when you aren’t picking in the top 5 in each round.

You really have to love rounds 1-3 the past 3 years under Gase. Outside of the blunder with Carroo every pick has been very good, and a cornerstone of rebuilding: 2016-Tunsil starting LT, Howard starting CB, Drake starting RB. 2017- Harris(we will see,) mcMillian Starting MLB, Tankersley starting CB. It’s very feasible that 8 out of Miami’s 10 picks in these rounds under Gase start this year.

Back
Top Bottom