POISE...Luck has it Tannehill does not. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POISE...Luck has it Tannehill does not.

BTW Freeny, Bethea, and Mathis are still considered top players on that defense as well when not injured.

On that net to last drive when they got the FG, Tannehill was inaccurate after they got inside the 20. He threw low to Moore who dropped it, he missed Bush in the flat and he threw behind Thomas who was standing right in front of him. Tannehill's poor play in the 4th Qtr cost us the game. Of course the D couldn't get a TO to save their lives but I know it would take 24 to win this game and Tannehill didn't get us there.
There were a number of reasons we lost the game... Poor coverage, poor line play on both sides etc.... Funny thing is if smith or Dansby come down with a pick and we win, this ignorant thread wouldn't have likely been started. You'd be gushing over RT's performance talking about how he out dueled luck.... U guys are hilarious, and these threads prove u know **** about the team or the game in general

I saw a lot of dropped passes by Fins receivers late in the game. Is that also Tannehill's fault?

like a previous poster stated... dumbest fan base in the NFL

Tannehill will be fine. Luck went up against a terrible pass D today. That TD he threw into double coverage should have been an easy INT. Luck was also the 1 overall pick and a ready made superstar.

imo there really isnt much to argue about the Luck was a 1st pick,because ryan leaf was to and looked all but the elete QB coming out of college dosent matter really where there drafted ,Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, but you have a point with Luck went up against a terrible pass D ,thats the iceing on the cake.

Wow. The amazing thing is some of you all actually think this loss is on Tannehill. I'm new to Finheaven but damn... some people you just can't save from themselves.
Luck is a great player already, and IS further ahead in his development. However, Tannehill played arguably his best game yet despite playing banged up. Did he miss some throws? Yes. Did Luck miss some throws? Yes--and got away with 2 or 3 easy dropped picks. I'm just glad we have a young franchise QB at last, as does Indy. In due time these two QB's will be competing deep in the postseason against one another. It was fun today to watch them go at it even though we were on the losing end

Its unfortunate that Tannehill wasn't as poised as Andrew Luck who threw a game-losing INT on the last drive that the DB (Sean Smith) unfortunately dropped...

Wow. The amazing thing is some of you all actually think this loss is on Tannehill. I'm new to Finheaven but damn... some people you just can't save from themselves.
Luck is a great player already, and IS further ahead in his development. However, Tannehill played arguably his best game yet despite playing banged up. Did he miss some throws? Yes. Did Luck miss some throws? Yes--and got away with 2 or 3 easy dropped picks. I'm just glad we have a young franchise QB at last, as does Indy. In due time these two QB's will be competing deep in the postseason against one another. It was fun today to watch them go at it even though we were on the losing end

Agree one 100%. I enjoyed watching two up and coming QB's. Luck is ahead at this time, but that was to be expected. Ryan had more difficult circumstances (road game, minor injury with reduced reps during the week, 2nd travel game in a row, crowd noise, not to mention a poor pass protection day by the front, still no consistent 3rd reciever) and I think did well enough for us to win. Again, if our defensive converted just one of the picks or played tighter coverage we win.

You are looking at one QB who saved his team with an incredible performance when many other things weren't working for them. You are looking at another QB who put in a very good performance but who wasn't able to mask the deficiencies in other areas of the team. Does that make the second guy a bum?

We were sub-par in many areas. Tannehill had a bigger mountain to climb to rescue us than Luck did. I'll say it again, but you can't buy game experience and Tannehill doesn't have a fraction of what Luck has. Does that mean that with experience Tannehill=Luck? I doubt it. But with experience Tannehill probably wins that game, or at least takes it into OT.

Tannehill has a quick learning curve and is a smart guy (and we're desperate for a QB success story), so maybe people are placing an unrealistic expectation on the pace of his development. He'll get there quicker than many, but that doesn't mean he's already there.

First and foremost, hats off to Andrew Luck. Despite the near INTs, the kid played extremely well. There's a reason scouts annointed Luck as the best pro prospect in ages. He is that good. Tannehill played a good game as well. Did he miss some throws? Absolutely. But anyone with any football knowledge can watch RT17 plat and see thatbthis inexperianced, rookie QB has the goods. It's undeniable

Back
Top Bottom