Poll: bigger impact: star rb or star wr? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: bigger impact: star rb or star wr?

who can have a bigger impact on a game?

• RB

Votes: 108 92.3%
  • WR

Votes: 9 7.7%

• Total voters
Poll results . . .

RB 58
WR 6

Thanks for stopping by. Any other questions?

ill say RB.

in most cases, you need 2 good WRs,

but only 1 RB.

you can argue a RB needs an o-line, but a WR needs another WR, O-Line, and a QB to throw him the ball.

Breadfan said:
Poll results . . .

RB 58
WR 6

Thanks for stopping by. Any other questions?

yeah this one is dead lol. i wonder though, what the results would be on raiders/eagles boards. you know there is bias here. is it because we just drafted a franchise back at #2? i wonder

thecoordinator said:
i find it hard to argue there is anyone more valuable to an offense than a randy moss or terrell owens

Barry Sanders, OJ Simpson, Ricky Williams (unfortunately), Earl Campbell

jlfin said:
Barry Sanders, OJ Simpson, Ricky Williams (unfortunately), Earl Campbell

well as soon as ricky comes back we can line mr.brown up at wr than we will have our other speedster at that possion :wink:

NYinBostonFin said:
Ricky runs 1800 yds, we have one of the best defenses, and we DON'T make the playoffs? amazing.

JT was also the NFL sack leader and we had most sacks / team. That really was mind-blowing.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
If they didn't have a QB to get them the ball, what good are they?

I kind of agree with you, but not really. Randy Moss made Cunningham look pretty good his last seasons.

thecoordinator said:
generally speaking, who can have the biggest impact on a game?

It's just that more consistently, quality RBs tend to have multiple 100 yard games vs. impact WRs games...

Also, figure that a star RB will touch the ball about 25 times (rushing) and 4 times (recieving) out of about 65-70 offensive plays in a game...That's over 40% of the plays. A star WR may get 10 plays a game (only 14% of the plays). Stands to reason that the RB would have the bigger impact on stats and the game itself...

A good WR can be shut down or at least minimized with one player. You can't do that with a RB. Surtain shuts down Marvin Harrison every time we play them.

Back
Top Bottom