Poll on NFL.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll on NFL.com

fairbanksb

Panhandler
Reaction score
There is a poll on the front page of NFL.com. Which AFC East team has made the greatest improvement. The Phins are ahead. Go on over and add to the totals.

It has to be us....we have signed all these great Pro Bowlers...as long as we are healthy we SHOULD win the East

Wow I mean it is surprising. The Bills made some pretty marquee signings, so did the Patriots. The Bills lost Peerless, but have the Pats lost anyone to speak of? Nothin I can think of. They got Ty Warren, Rosevelt Colvin, Bethel Johnson...they may not have done anything about RB, but so long as Brady and that coordinator are there I really dont think their offense will be bad....not to mention, that one receiver I forget his name already he was off like gangbusters in the first half of the year...he should be improved.

God that division sucks. Any one of those teams could go off to like the AFC North or AFC South and dominate. Heck we even dominated the AFC West.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
To think that the Fins have done more than the Bills to improve in the off-season is moronic

Denial, it's sad to see, but you have denial!

OK, OK it's not so sad!

Oliver...

The bills may have anted up more than the phins to improve, but they've also had significant losses. The phins, have not. That is why the Phins get the nod. They've done nothing but upgrade and had they wanted to, could easily have brought back every single player from the 2002 roster. The ones that are not back, are not back because we saw other guys out there we liked better.

Sammy Knight, Terrell Buckley, Jeff Zgonina, Junior Seau, Derrius Thompson, Eddie Moore, Wade Smith, Taylor Whitley, and now Brian Griese.

All that without losing anyone they didn't want to lose...they lost Oronde Gadsden, Dedric Ward, Jermaine Haley, Ray Lucas, and Derrick Rodgers.

The bills added Takeo Spikes, Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, Izell Reese, Chad Cota, Dainon Sidney, Keith McKenzie, Sam Gash, Olandis Gary, Rian Lindell, Bobby Shaw, Willis McGahee, Chris Kelsay, and Angelo Crowell.

But they lost Jay Riemersma, Larry Centers, Mike Hollis, Keith Newman, and PEERLESS PRICE.

Willis McGahee, we're all acknowledging, isn't going to improve the team much if at all in year 1.

I'm sorry clumped, but where is it written anywhere that the Bills have then definitely improved more than the Phins? Takeo Spikes no doubt is a big big acquisition, and likewise, Peerless Price is a big big loss. So while no acquisition of Miami's qualifies as a big big gain, no loss of Miami's is a big big loss. After that, I stack the gain of Junior Seau, Brian Griese, and Sammy Knight against ANY of the gains made by the Bills aside from Takeo. This includes Sam Adams. Funny how now that he's a Bill, Sam Adams is one of the best DTs around instead of the guy who perennially gets shuffled to a new team because nobody feels like paying him any decent amount of money.

Seriously aside from Takeo what gains have the Bills made that cant be easily matched by gains the Phins have made? From there its just Bills homerism that can't acknowledge that the gain of Spikes is balanced by the loss of Price.

That's right, all of Miami's moves were upgrades, but the Bills were just status quo or we lost something.

You guys are unstoppable and no one can stand in your way THIS year. :rolleyes:

Good answer clump....
ever notice when you counter a fan from anoter team with a good point after they make a comment like "what you said first was moronic" then they have no answer to your comment or to back up their comment they come back with some sarcastic comment that is actually borderline true.
now I would expect this from tatonic but I have come to expect more from clump.

You guys are unstoppable and no one can stand in your way THIS year.

for sure we won´t give away games like last year due to bad play from our backup, no more presents.

it´s always like that, ck tells the guys what time it is and there is nothing they can say, just playing the annoyed little kid

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Keith Newman is gone. Too bad his best days were in the 3-4 defense. Newman was too small to take on the TE and he got pushed around. We added Jeff Posey, a converted DE to play SLBacker. Posey is obviously better suited to 4-3 SLB than Newman. He can even play rush end. He led the terrible Texans with 8 sacks from the LB spot. The Pat's Colvin had 10, for perspective.

NFL LB comparison:

Linebackers
Interceptions Fumbles Tackles
Player Team G Ints Yds LG TDs FF Rec TDs Pdef Scks SFTY Cmb Tck Solo Ast
LaVar Arrington WAS 16 0 0 0 0 4 3 1 8 11 0 92 67.0 59 25
Rosevelt Colvin CHI 16 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 8 10.5 0 64 55.0 48 9
Joey Porter PIT 16 4 153 84 0 2 2 0 9 9 0 88 60.0 45 28

Jeff Posey 16 games 49 tackles 8 sacks 6 Pass defended 2FF 1 INT

I don't exactly believe they are the MOST improved team. There was already quite a bit of talent on the Dolphins last year, so it would be hard to call them the most improved.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
There is a poll on the front page of NFL.com. Which AFC East team has made the greatest improvement. The Phins are ahead. Go on over and add to the totals.

The sad part is that no matter what, the division itself has gotten better.

So what if Miami, or Buffalo, or the Pats, or the Jets got better. The fact of the matter is they will beating the snot out of each other all year :lol:

When are we moving out of the division :horsey:

Back
Top Bottom