Poll on NFL.com | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll on NFL.com

I think the Pats may have improved more than the Bills. They added Rosevelt Colvin to the linebacking department which gives Belichick just the type of guy he wants and can utilize. They got Ty Warren to boost the defensive line, give them more options. They got Bethel Johnson to add some speed to the WR position and they got Eugene Wilson to help them out at cornerback.

And most importantly, they didn't lose anyone they didn't want to. They let Marc Edwards run off just to replace him with Fred McCrary. They actually sent Tebucky Jones packing in favor of a guy they feel anyway that will be an upgrade, Rodney Harrison. I like Harrison, probably a better fit for their defense than Tebucky. Tebucky would probably truth be told be a better fit for our defense but then again we'll see how the Sammy Knight experiment works out I think it will do well.

Overall the frustrating part about the Patriots is that while they still left big holes and question marks at RB, they did nothing but improve. They didn't really sacrifice in one spot for the good of another spot. If they lost someone, it was so that they could upgrade him. Then they just added on.

Thats what the Phins have done as well. If we lost someone (like Oronde Gadsden, Derrick Rodgers, Ray Lucas, and Jermaine Haley), it was to upgrade (Derrius Thompson, Junior Seau, Brian Griese, and Jeff Zgonina respectively).

Originally posted by baalworship
Yeah, Keith Newman is gone. Too bad his best days were in the 3-4 defense. Newman was too small to take on the TE and he got pushed around. We added Jeff Posey, a converted DE to play SLBacker. Posey is obviously better suited to 4-3 SLB than Newman. He can even play rush end. He led the terrible Texans with 8 sacks from the LB spot. The Pat's Colvin had 10, for perspective.

NFL LB comparison:

Linebackers
Interceptions Fumbles Tackles
Player Team G Ints Yds LG TDs FF Rec TDs Pdef Scks SFTY Cmb Tck Solo Ast
LaVar Arrington WAS 16 0 0 0 0 4 3 1 8 11 0 92 67.0 59 25
Rosevelt Colvin CHI 16 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 8 10.5 0 64 55.0 48 9
Joey Porter PIT 16 4 153 84 0 2 2 0 9 9 0 88 60.0 45 28

Jeff Posey 16 games 49 tackles 8 sacks 6 Pass defended 2FF 1 INT

Posey is a lot better suited for a 4-3. He never did anything until he played the rush LB in a 3-4. His production will go down this year.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
That's right, all of Miami's moves were upgrades, but the Bills were just status quo or we lost something.

You guys are unstoppable and no one can stand in your way THIS year. :rolleyes:

He made some good points so why not make a decent reply? You can't. You know he's right..

You guys just reply with **** that's either off topic or dumb little pictures when you're proven wrong.

I don't think we have to worry about the Pats RB this year.

Heard he's a big slob and overweight this year and not really making a push.

I think this poll has a little bit to do with perception. The Dolphins have made the most recent offseason signings, and the Bill and Pats did their work a while ago. People have short attention spans. If the question is who had a better offseason, I'd still say the Dolphins.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

mad because i'm not a dead on homer like some of you guys?

You said it not me!

Oliver...

I'm kinda surprised considering the Bills had some pretty high profile signings. Maybe the general populace finally figures that blowing your cash wad on one player doesn't change a teams fortunes that much.

Van we didn't blow our cash on one player, look at the lengthy FA list. And for the record we lost ONE PLAYER that we didn't want to lose. Do your homework before you start posting. We lost PP, let Riemersma, Centers and Newman go. You don't think we could have resigned them with all the cap money we had?! Riemersma sucked last year, it seemed like he dropped more passes last year than anyone should drop in their whole career. Look at the dropoff in his stats. He just wasn't worth the money the Bills were shelling out.
2001- 53 rec, 590 yds, 3 TDs
2002- 32 rec, 350 yds and NO SCORES!

As for Centers, he's still a good pass-catching FB but he's really old (not that Gash is much younger) and he's one dimensional. He can't block at all. Gash on the other hand is a great lead-blocker who will fit into our more run-oriented offense better. Newman, just wasn't doin it in our scheme so we let him go. So all of you quit acting like we "lost" these people when in reality we let them go. As for the poll the Bills ARE the more improved team. The Phins already had alot of talent and just added to it. The Bills D was porous and now on paper they look MUCH better.

Note to fellow Dolphin fans: We can still think our team is the best without thinking they made the most improvement. I think they will end up being the most improved from a final record standpoint, but then again last year was "underachieving" from a record standpoint. So as for offseason moves, I'd have to say the Bills are more improved, but the Dolphins are still better.

Originally posted by Barkman
Van we didn't blow our cash on one player, look at the lengthy FA list. And for the record we lost ONE PLAYER that we didn't want to lose. Do your homework before you start posting.

Oh am I missing a 2nd $10 million dollar signing bonus you guys gave out? Oh ya.....didn't think so. Don't tell me to do my homework when you need to bone up on your reading and comprehension.

I don't care what you choose to lose or not. The fact remains you lost them for various reasons.

Back
Top Bottom