Poll: Should we get Rivers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Should we get Rivers?

Should we grab Rivers if possible?

• Yea, let's not pass on the chance for a franchise QB

Votes: 50 64.9%
  • No, WR and O Line are much more important

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
yes regardless if we have 2 firsts or not. If for whatever reason the guy slips to us, he has all the tools to lead this team for years on end, you just don't pass that up with the 20th pick.

If we only have the pick at 20, I lean towards Rivers unless the right WR is sitting there. If we lose O-Gun and have two 1st rounders, I think we'd be making a mistake not selecting Rivers.

Do I want him?? Hell yes.

Do I think he would be a smart pick considering what we've invested in Feeley and Fiedler (and Sage)?? Not really.

Do I think he would be a smart pick considering what we've invested in Feeley and Fiedler (and Sage)?? Not really.

I'd gladly trade the economical blunder of having 2 expencive quarterbacks for a season for a franchise QB.

Draft rivers and get rid of Fiedler and Feeley next year =).

If we only have one first round pick, I would definitely not be in favor of drafting Rivers.

If we have two, I still probably would not be in favor of it because we could get a good offensive linemen like Jake Grove or Vernon Carey which we need more. It wouldn't make sense to draft Rivers when we already have Feeley, Fiedler, and will probably have Sage as well. I really like Rivers, but I think it is very unlikely that we will draft and if we do it would be a questionable pick since we traded for Feeley and gave him all of that money.

Or maybe we should get Jared Lorenzen, that would fix the QB and O-line situation in one pick =)

jk btw

Thats pretty funny. As for Rivers, the answer is obvious to me. Yes. But as I've said before its all moot the guy will not fall to pick #20 unless something dramatic happens between now and then.

Would you select Eli Manning at pick #20? Would you select Ben Roethlisberger? Of course. Such is it with Rivers.

Is all gonna depend on free agency. If we do get Mack and also a guard then we're set there, at least we wouldn't take a lineman in round one. So we could then take him if we have 2 picks in round one which I still think we will. But, he might not even be there when we pick. I think he's gone before 20 so the only way would be for us to get a pick for Ogun that's higher than ours. Problem there is, if that pick is so high then someone else would be there too that's higher on our board so there're a lot of ifs.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom