poll - should we make a supp draft pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

poll - should we make a supp draft pick?

should we make a supplemental draft pick?

• yes

Votes: 81 69.8%
  • no

Votes: 35 30.2%

• Total voters
JB-Dolfan-VA said:
AHHHH! Why are some of you saying that we would be wasting a pick? Jesus, if we only need to use a 3rd round pick next year, and he is a beast, why not let him develop this year? He's fast, huge, and can learn. Lets do it.

I agree he is a beast and that he is fast and huge, but I doubt he can learn. He's basically entering the sup. draft cause he can't pass basket weaving :goof: . I also read reports that he is not a motivated person. I really doubt that Saban will take a chance on this guy just to fill a void at DT. Saban has said that he likes motivated, athletic, and smart kids that love to play football. Wright only fits one of those three, so I doubt we pick him with a 3rd round pick, 4th maybe. If he doesn't get drafted, he will most likely be sitting out this year at USC due to academics, which would drop his draft potential even further.

i agree that he won't be around in the 4th. i think that there are other teams much more willing to give up a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd to get this kid so im not sure we could get him later than the 3rd. you have to look at other teams' perspectives here. there are alot of teams that have actually been making all their first and early 2nd day picks for the past 5 years, and getting good players at that. we haven't had all of our first day picks in i dont know how long, so we'd be more hesitant to spend one in the supplemental draft on a kid that wether you like it or not is a reach at this point. other teams that have been drafting regulary could afford a 2nd or 3rd and not think twice about it.

by the way...didn't we just draft Vickerson? not that we can already call him a bust, or for that matter ever call him one, considering when he was picked, but still, is he not the same project that wright would be?

hell yes... we almost need to get Manny Wright.

I'd love to give up a fourth for him... I would actually give up the third for him.

I dunno if Saban gives up the pick though.

No more giving up 1st day draft picks I say. Every time we do that everyone applauds it then when the draft comes and we are watching teams draft great young talent in our spot we are all crying about it. Save the picks. A 4th or lower, no 1-3rd round picks anymore, save em.

finfansince72 said:
No more giving up 1st day draft picks I say. Every time we do that everyone applauds it then when the draft comes and we are watching teams draft great young talent in our spot we are all crying about it. Save the picks. A 4th or lower, no 1-3rd round picks anymore, save em.
Wright is young talent.

he is a rookie.

I actually voted yes and while there are some good points for and against, I see the need right now and I also see the potential of this guy in terms of developing into a great talent. Sure there may be a risk -- but there's always a risk. A risk with everyone.

I'm pretty sure there will be some freak team that puts up an incredibly high pick -- Some jackass like Mike Tice or Jon Gruden will pour their heart and soul into a melting pot for a guy like that.

As long as its for a 4th or a 3rd at the most, he has more talent than we're likely to be able to pick up in the 3rd next year

finsnchips said:
Wright is young talent.

he is a rookie.

Really? I didnt know that....ok..
I used the word "great" and 1st day draft pick, thats what Im trying to say, he's not worth a first day pick which is what we'd be giving up.

yes, we take a player to help us today...we pay next year. We are still drafting the player. The only downfall is it comes out of this years rookie pool. Next year that player could be a real contributor.

@@@@@ said:
As long as its for a 4th or a 3rd at the most, he has more talent than we're likely to be able to pick up in the 3rd next year

You think he is more talented than Channing Crowder? I'm not being a smart-***, just asking. Because Crowder is who we got in the 3rd. If we use (notice I didn't say waste) our draft choice here, we might miss out on a player with the talent of Crowder. If you think he is more talented, then I understand.

Back
Top Bottom