Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
Buffalo is kind of where I hope we go with Tua.

A LOT of posters here make arguments like this... we have to strike now while Tua is still cheap... blag blah blah...

But what are you supposed to do when you have a young star QB? Cut him?

Their argument makes no sense... unless they believe Tua is going to fail and wont have 10 years of top level play... and if they do think he's going to fail, then why do they want to overspend now when they dont trust the QB?

I just do NOT understand their argument.

Love this post.

If such a high % of posters voted against signing him... why do you think that 95% would immediately cheer the decision. Is this hyperbole? Or just sarcasm?
If such a high % of posters voted against signing him... why do you think that 95% would immediately cheer the decision. Is this hyperbole? Or just sarcasm?

:shrug:
Take a look at the wording of this poll…once you open the thread… **** the money, **** the pics, bring in the old RB “star” - hahaha so ChadRico…vs - Be sensible and find “smarter” options! It’s ****ing hilarious! The guys a snake oil salesman… Anyway after that extremely biased set of choices… Still nearly 40% of the board said yes. I stand by my estimation of what would happen, in reality, if King Henry signed in Miami.
See above☝️ And by the way, most everything is hyperbole on a fan forum

And going back to the substance of my reply Feverdream… How did you like how the OP characterized the two voting options in the poll? Care to comment?

"IDC what it costs. Make it happen."

That doesn't sound like a solid overall strategy to me... 🤷‍♂️

You wouldn't say that if it resulted in a Lombardi trophy next season, would you? I highly doubt it.

Strike while the iron is hot. With escalating salaries and future cap issues, future or long-term success is guaranteed to no one.

Don't let the acquisition of Tyreek Hill and Tua under his rookie contract go to waste.

To be clear, I'm not lobbying for a drastic overpay of, say, 1st round draft picks. But if it only costs a 3rd round pick and whatever salary he's making now -- IDC. They should do it.

Imagine the play action 1 on 1 plays with waddle and hill, Henry Henry play action.. come on y’all take my 2nd let’s win a playoff game

Why wouldn’t I want the best RB in football on the Dolphins roster to pound on the Bills, Cheatriots and Jests defenses to then torch them over-the-top with Cheetah and the Penguin?

IDC what it costs. Make it happen.

They got Fangio to call better defenses, now add the back that can wear teams down and setup play-action with the most explosive receivers and most accurate QB in the league.

What’s even better is that back isn’t just a beast that stiff arms defenders into oblivion, he’s also one of the faster players in the league and fits in with our “speed” motif.

Henry greatly helps to improve short yardage issues, goal line issues, and late game clock management issues. He’s a physical closer. That can go the distance on any given play.

IDC if he maybe only has 1 or 2 great seasons left in the tank. It’ll be worth it.

Just figure out how to add at least one more good lineman to the mix, and I’m all in.
Didn’t read this before I responded. But that’s my thoughts exactly. Just a good running back slows down a pass rush. Have to see who’s getting the ball. 3rd and 7 can still be a run

And going back to the substance of my reply Feverdream… How did you like how the OP characterized the two voting options in the poll? Care to comment?
It was funny... it announced the personality of the poll giver.

I laughed. Then I answered the question.

Our front office loves to trade away draft picks at the minute to acquire players, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they did the same here. Henry still has production left in the tank and could help the team, but I wouldn’t want to see us overpay for him.

So we dont want a guy that has had 6 ...yeah 6...200+ yard games in his career ...and an over 2k yard season...and is still running hard...
Frustrated Daniel Day Lewis GIF

I voted no but if McDaniel has a vision for Henry I’m fine with it. If Rodgers is a Jet and he’s decent a strong running game and great D might be the Dolphins best bet because our QB will likely miss games.

...and again.

**** buying Henry
If you are buying... buy Dalvin Cook.

Facts.

Normally I agree with not spending big in Rb.

For me Aaron Jones was the guy I abandoned my belief on lol.

I knew Flores was going to bring him to Miami.

Until 5 mins before FA started and GB resigned him huhuhu

Back
Top Bottom