Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
Buffalo is a lot like Miami... they don't have much cap space... and they have more draft picks than we do. If I'm Buffalo, I seriously consider taking Gibbs. That WOULD make me cry.
True. The days of having Allen on a cap friendly deal are over.

True. The days of having Allen on a cap friendly deal are over.
Buffalo is kind of where I hope we go with Tua.

A LOT of posters here make arguments like this... we have to strike now while Tua is still cheap... blag blah blah...

But what are you supposed to do when you have a young star QB? Cut him?

Their argument makes no sense... unless they believe Tua is going to fail and wont have 10 years of top level play... and if they do think he's going to fail, then why do they want to overspend now when they dont trust the QB?

I just do NOT understand their argument.

I wouldn’t share a tear if we get him, but I think we could use the money elsewhere

I keep going back and forth on Henry.

Here's where I'm at.

Whats one way to keep LBERS from dropping back into Tuas throwing lanes in the middle?

Getting a guy like Henry

Whether McDaniel starts running a lot more or not, I don't know.

But I guarantee you on 3rd or 4th and 1, they won't be throwing that 2 yard out to Gesicki if henry's on the team.

The issue for me is that we run a wide-zone offense. So much of our pass offense is based on stretching the field horizontally and then hitting those fast WRs in those zones. Henry doesn't fit that. If you look at the games where he's held in check, it's when teams make him go horizontal. I'm not saying there isn't a way to use Henry as part of the offense. I'm sure there is but it would mean changing a ton. Either way, you're making sacrifices and you either don't use Henry to his maximum or you don't use Tua, Hill and Waddle to their maximum. I don't see it as a smart use of money and I think it would be a disservice to everybody.

I generally don't invest in declining assets. The people have spoken and also agree.

Why wouldn’t I want the best RB in football on the Dolphins roster to pound on the Bills, Cheatriots and Jests defenses to then torch them over-the-top with Cheetah and the Penguin?

IDC what it costs. Make it happen.

They got Fangio to call better defenses, now add the back that can wear teams down and setup play-action with the most explosive receivers and most accurate QB in the league.

What’s even better is that back isn’t just a beast that stiff arms defenders into oblivion, he’s also one of the faster players in the league and fits in with our “speed” motif.

Henry greatly helps to improve short yardage issues, goal line issues, and late game clock management issues. He’s a physical closer. That can go the distance on any given play.

IDC if he maybe only has 1 or 2 great seasons left in the tank. It’ll be worth it.

Just figure out how to add at least one more good lineman to the mix, and I’m all in.
"IDC what it costs. Make it happen."

That doesn't sound like a solid overall strategy to me... 🤷‍♂️

Giving up a pick or picks to pick him up and his 16 million dollar contract for 23'?

I'm curious how many of us think this is a good idea.
INSANITY...It's not like this team is one player/running back away to give up picks and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wow results of the poll did a 180 since this started. I also voted no

Wow results of the poll did a 180 since this started. I also voted no
I think it's natural to get excited about adding a great player at a position of need. But reality is that fit matters. If you think about this any deeper than say, a Madden video game level of analysis, it's tough to see how this would be a smart move. Who knows, maybe McD has always wanted to dramatically change his system from a wide zone to P/A offense? Maybe McD believes that it would make sense to have the offense start from scratch again and have the QBs, receivers and OL learn a new system. But, I don't think any of that is likely.

Henry is a north-south power back who barely even pretends to be a receiving option. He’s a phenomenal player, but it’s hard to imagine a worse scheme fit. It’d be like signing Joe Burrow to run the option.

The wording of the poll's two potential answers are atrocious.

Do you want D. Henry on the Dolphins?
Y.
N.
That’s just Chad being Chad. Don’t blame it on him though…he just doesn’t know who he is. And yeah I think we should go get Derrick Henry.

Buffalo is kind of where I hope we go with Tua.

A LOT of posters here make arguments like this... we have to strike now while Tua is still cheap... blag blah blah...

But what are you supposed to do when you have a young star QB? Cut him?

Their argument makes no sense... unless they believe Tua is going to fail and wont have 10 years of top level play... and if they do think he's going to fail, then why do they want to overspend now when they dont trust the QB?

I just do NOT understand their argument.
Well for some perspective when your QB is on a cheap deal you have a chance to sign some pricey FA to hopefully move the needle along.

Hopefully you have drafted somewhat well also which obviously is crucial.

Once you pay the QB the big money then you better hope he is a Mahomes etc because if not you now have less resources to augment your team to try and win a superbowl

Back
Top Bottom