Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
Why wouldn’t I want the best RB in football on the Dolphins roster to pound on the Bills, Cheatriots and Jests defenses to then torch them over-the-top with Cheetah and the Penguin?

IDC what it costs. Make it happen.

They got Fangio to call better defenses, now add the back that can wear teams down and setup play-action with the most explosive receivers and most accurate QB in the league.

What’s even better is that back isn’t just a beast that stiff arms defenders into oblivion, he’s also one of the faster players in the league and fits in with our “speed” motif.

Henry greatly helps to improve short yardage issues, goal line issues, and late game clock management issues. He’s a physical closer. That can go the distance on any given play.

IDC if he maybe only has 1 or 2 great seasons left in the tank. It’ll be worth it.

Just figure out how to add at least one more good lineman to the mix, and I’m all in.

Our window to win a Super Bowl is the next two years. I don’t care about picks or salary cap. I don’t care about long term. We haven’t won in 50 years. I believe this is the closest we’ve been at least in my lifetime. If you can get Henry then go get him. It’ll only be for a year or two anyway. We have to go all in right now. At least that’s where I stand

Not sure you could throw anything at a Titans fan they haven't already gotten. That was one of the most talented teams in the league a few years ago and they refused to pay any of their young talent in favor of paying guys like Julio Jones. Bud Dupree, and Robert Woods. And Mike Vrabel reduced a multi talented team to Dave Wannstedt football every time they got in the playoffs.
I trash talk and throw stuff at him each and every day, including how they had to get an Ex Dolphins QB to make them respectable. How I could’ve been their OC, last year as I can get drunk and play call “give the rock to 22!” every play
No wonder they only averaged 14 points a game. (Let’s blame it on the GM and lose 7 games in a row!)
Perhaps Vrabel needs to open up that one dead eye he got all the way and see that they are really Detroit South!!
(This is the price one pays for talking **** about my Dolphins!! Ha!)
Here’s a screenshot of banter amongst friends from earlier this morning.

48704C6C-4606-4DB0-B595-1DCC4E6196CA.png

Giving up a pick or picks to pick him up and his 16 million dollar contract for 23'?

I'm curious how many of us think this is a good idea.
The question is do you want to win. Derrick Henry forces teams to devote defenders to stop him. He chews the clock. And best of all? He will lengthen tua's production and career. With henry, (unless theres mass injuries again) puts us in the superbowl.

Not worth the money?

Our window to win a Super Bowl is the next two years. I don’t care about picks or salary cap. I don’t care about long term. We haven’t won in 50 years. I believe this is the closest we’ve been at least in my lifetime. If you can get Henry then go get him. It’ll only be for a year or two anyway. We have to go all in right now. At least that’s where I stand
You might regret that stance if Tua becomes the man... then we will have wasted a ton of money on the years just before his prime.

That's my worry.

I'm going into this thinking that Tua's BEST years will be in 2 or 3 years, rather than now.

That is a possibility. That would be some two headed monster rushing attack.
Buffalo is a lot like Miami... they don't have much cap space... and they have more draft picks than we do. If I'm Buffalo, I seriously consider taking Gibbs. That WOULD make me cry.

I really like Henry, but as it has been mentioned is with the workload he has done the last few years, when are the wheels going to fall off the cart. :ffic:

Back
Top Bottom