Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
Titans run a zone blocking scheme very similar to Shanahan's. Plus I think Henry is good enough to shine in multiple offensive schemes. He might be better in some then others, but think he's still going to be a problem on 3rd and 2 regarless of the system.
They do run zone blocking but the Titans kind of have a bastardized version of it. The Titans are able to setup blocks to get Henry one on one versus defenders that have little chance of bringing him down. Whereas normally things are setup for a back that can explode through a hole and get downfield quickly.

Henry is a great back but he's not explosive, and I don't see us being able to give him the running lanes that a guy like him needs to get up a head of steam. Plus with the passing capability of this team I'd rather a back that cam complement that, rather than a two down back.

I think there's a good chance they end up with both, but I think they will first try to see if they can chase one of the bigger names or get in position to draft one of the top backs.
Probably going to let the market set their value and get them at a bargain if possible.

I have always said that I would never make a move for an expensive RB... and I still wouldn't here...

But... if I were interested in spending money on a RB, it wouldn't be for Henry, it would be for Dalvin Cook. He's two years younger and a better receiver.

Ya I’ve always thought Cook and Kamara were both perfect fits. Kamara not anymore as he’s only a perfect for a prison cell.

Ya I’ve always thought Cook and Kamara were both perfect fits. Kamara not anymore as he’s only a perfect for a prison cell.
Yeah... it isn't looking good for him. Even if he isn't found guilty, the NFL is liable to suspend him anyway. Yet another player brought down by trying to run with a posse.

I think Henry for a 2-3 years would actually be a solid addition to the team. He is excellent in short yardage and pass pro which are two major issues our team struggled with last year. If we want to keep Tua healthy I can’t think of a better RB to bring in.

That being said, it comes down to pick and salary compensation. I don’t think it is super realistic that we’d make a trade for him and we do have bigger needs than spending picks and money on a 29 year old RB.

Voted NO... Dont think its wise to give big contracts to aging RBs... Because reasons...

There are always exceptions, does Henry fit this category?

Obviously, I would love to have Henry on the Miami Dolphins, the obstacle is cap space and assets. When it comes to cap space, I think I'd be fine giving Henry a 1 year 10.5M contract, I dont believe the Fins could find a 10M per player to have a bigger impact than he would next season. RBs are cheap and that's basically why 95% of them shouldn't be drafted in day 1 or 2.

But the picks... This is what kills the deal entirely. Draft picks are free players, when you give that up you're basically forfeiting additional cap space for 4 years, when you start tacking that up to the price of Henry, it starts to add up fast.

Only way he fits the exception category is if he's added for a 5th or worst and doesn't require an extension imo.

Giving up a pick or picks to pick him up and his 16 million dollar contract for 23'?

I'm curious how many of us think this is a good idea.
I think we have seen multiple examples of paying a player for what he has done in the past.
I like Henry, but would worry we might fall into that category

Henry has been flat-out overused for a few seasons.

Remember Todd Gurley? Gurley was overused for four seasons in a row. Three Pro Bowls, two All-Pro first teams.

Then his production dropped off the table; his injuries caught up with him. Two years after he was an All-Pro, he couldn’t get a roster spot.

Todd Gurley is younger than Derrick Henry. Not at the time of his dominance…he’s younger right now.

I know Derrick Henry is a freak, but he has 1,337 touches over the last four years, and that’s with him missing half of 2021 with a broken foot. That’s nuts.

When the dropoff happens with him, it will not be gradual. I love the guy, but I don’t want him on Miami with a huge contract and no production.

Back
Top Bottom