Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
Henry might not be the best plyer available for the Dolphins or RB might not be the biggest need, however if Henry were to end up in Miami the attention given to the team would be similar to when they added Tyreek Hill. Add Henry and I wouldn't be shocked if Miami gets 4 primetime national tv games and two or three more Sunday afternoon national tv games.

Best Friend is a Titans fan (why I have no idea, probably cause it has “TIT” in the name??)
Anyways I just want Henry on the Fins so I can throw it in his face!
He’s a pretty good RB too, we could use that!
Not sure you could throw anything at a Titans fan they haven't already gotten. That was one of the most talented teams in the league a few years ago and they refused to pay any of their young talent in favor of paying guys like Julio Jones. Bud Dupree, and Robert Woods. And Mike Vrabel reduced a multi talented team to Dave Wannstedt football every time they got in the playoffs.

I have always said that I would never make a move for an expensive RB... and I still wouldn't here...

But... if I were interested in spending money on a RB, it wouldn't be for Henry, it would be for Dalvin Cook. He's two years younger and a better receiver.

Henry is not the type of back that has flourished in the Shanahan running scheme.
Titans run a zone blocking scheme very similar to Shanahan's. Plus I think Henry is good enough to shine in multiple offensive schemes. He might be better in some then others, but think he's still going to be a problem on 3rd and 2 regarless of the system.

I think the team signs either Mostert or Wilson, maybe both. If they only sign one I could see them drafting a RB. :ffic:
I think there's a good chance they end up with both, but I think they will first try to see if they can chase one of the bigger names or get in position to draft one of the top backs.

I think there's a good chance they end up with both, but I think they will first try to see if they can chase one of the bigger names or get in position to draft one of the top backs.
We will see where there priority is as far as spending goes. I am thinking it maybe on the defensive side of the ball with ILB, CB, and or Safety. I am not sure I spend big on a RB via trade or FA signing. I rather draft a RB.:ffic:

Giving up a pick or picks to pick him up and his 16 million dollar contract for 23'?

I'm curious how many of us think this is a good idea.
I think you need to lead the witness a bit further by making the poll more pointed. Can I get Henry AND you to stop posting? Win/win.

Of course I would love to see Henry as a Dolphin. He's currently one of the best RB's in the NFL, and it's not like we'd be signing him to a 7 year contract. Our running game has been mediocre at best for what seems forever, and Henry would change that immediately. He would be a HUGE improvement over what we rolled out last season.

Ideally we could get him in exchange for some late picks and maybe a Cedrick Wilson, but realistically that's probably not happening. Our offense would improve in a big way if we had a legit stud RB.

Back
Top Bottom