POLL:Who is our biggest rivalry in the entire NFL? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL:Who is our biggest rivalry in the entire NFL?

Who is our biggest rivalry?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 100 27.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 207 55.9%
  • Buffallo Bills

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tampa Bay Bucs

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Other(why)

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters

Brad_dolfan54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think our biggest rivalry would have to be the new england patriots,theres no one im happier to see us beat the hell out of than the patriots and ever since that first superbowl they won,it makes it that much sweeter when we beat them...

Has to be the Pats NOW, but long-term it would really have been the Jets. Nowadays the Jets aren't as big a rivalry because they suck suck suck.

You will find that the long time Dolphins fans or longer time Dolphins fans will say the Jets are our chief rival. The younger fans or shorter time fans will say the Patriots. I being a longer time fan say the Jets. We have much much more of a history with the Jets and some of our biggest games win or lose have been against the Jets. The Patriots and or Bills have just come around the past decade or so, but the Jets have ALWAYS been there fighting us tooth and nail.

I went with the Jets because of the mutual hatred there... and because I resent that drunk Jets fan that started trouble in my section.

i agree fishfan34,ive been a dolfan since 94 so i would typically say the pats as our biggest rivalry but the older generation will agree with the jets being the biggest,,,

The Jets always play us tough. I repeat: the Jets ALWAYS play us tough. No matter how bad they suck right now I can promise all of you the two games we play them this year will not be blow outs. Hell, they might even take one.

Well its either the Pats or the Jets. Pats, because they have been the team to beat the last 5 years and they are who we need to knock of the top of the mountain. The Jets for me have been a big rival since it seems we always played them in the last week or two of the season, needing to beat them to make playoffs/win division and even if they sucked they beat us.

I hate the jets because they are the jets. It just feels right.

I hate the Bills because they KILLED us in the 90's.

I hate the Pats because of their recent success.

fishfan34 said:
You will find that the long time Dolphins fans or longer time Dolphins fans will say the Jets are our chief rival. The younger fans or shorter time fans will say the Patriots. I being a longer time fan say the Jets. We have much much more of a history with the Jets and some of our biggest games win or lose have been against the Jets. The Patriots and or Bills have just come around the past decade or so, but the Jets have ALWAYS been there fighting us tooth and nail.

Thats a good reason for the split in ideas. When i read the title i thought to myself that it can only be the Jets. I cant imagine it being anyone else. I guess the pats come close but it will take a lot for it to turn. Maybe the Saban/BB wars in the years to come may change it but for right now it has to be the jets.

Two scenarios that make the Jets our chief rivalry. Monday night meltdown (2000) and the clock play (1994) This is just recent stuff. When you look up the entire history they have a two game advantage. Definitely the Jets.

Aussiefinfan54 said:
i hate all other afc east teams
Well of course you do...that's rule #1 for any true Dolphins fan. :dolphins:

Looking ahead our biggest eye is gonna be on the Patsies. Just because not many have faith in the NFL world that we can overtake B&B. 90's - bills, all time Jets.

Regardless they are all on my most hated teams list, the order of them doens't matter

Back
Top Bottom