POLL:Who is our biggest rivalry in the entire NFL? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL:Who is our biggest rivalry in the entire NFL?

Who is our biggest rivalry?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 100 27.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 207 55.9%
  • Buffallo Bills

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tampa Bay Bucs

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Other(why)

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
RobFins2005 said:
not really, the Bills rivalry started in the mid to late 80s and didn't lose steam until the end of the 90s. it's picked up again since but not to the same degree
I disagree. I don't think anyone really started recognizing the Bills as a threat until the early to mid 90's. The 70's and 80's we were 31 - 9 against the Bills, including perfect in the 70's and 11 out of the first 14 games played in the 80's from 80 - 86. I agree the end of the 80's it started turning around, but again, I don't believe anyone really took notice and thought of them as a rival until the early to mid 90's. When you compare that to 41-39 and one tie, plus several playoff games, and overtime games.

The way it is worded, Who is our biggest rivalry?,means to me NOW
To me,that is at this time,no doubt the Patriots.

I hate the Jets,hate the Bill's,hate the Raiders,even hated the Colts of old,and all of those teams have been a rivalry,and fierce ones at one time or another.BUT,from the question,and the way I take it to me now,I still say the Patriots are today.

Look at it like this,or this is how I do anyway.
As someone else said also,the Raiders were once fierce rivals with us,but not today.If we played them this year,and the patriots,who do you want to beat more ? No doubt to me,the Pat's. I feel the same about the Bill's,and Jets ! I absolutely hated them both,and still do,but when we play this year,I still want to beat those two teams,but I so want to beat the Patriots and knock them off their pedastals even more-so.

Beat a sucky Bill's team from a year ago,beat a jets team that sucked to,and has an injured Chad Pennington coming back maybe,and a weak team again,or beeat the BIG Mouthed division champs of the last few years with Super Bowl rings ? No doubt in my mind at all today who is our biggest rival.

I have to say the Jets are our biggest rivals because even though the Pats have been winning Super Bowls lately, the Jets just always seem to be a thorn in our side. I remember the Wanny days when we just could not beat the Jets. And everytime we play on MNF, we have to see clips of that brutal fourt quarter comeback. I don't like the Pats or Bills, but I hate the Jets. I respect Tom Brady, but I hate Vinny Testaverdy and every Jets player with a passion.

Back
Top Bottom