POLL:Who is our biggest rivalry in the entire NFL? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

POLL:Who is our biggest rivalry in the entire NFL?

Who is our biggest rivalry?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 100 27.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 207 55.9%
  • Buffallo Bills

Votes: 55 14.9%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tampa Bay Bucs

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Other(why)

Votes: 5 1.4%

• Total voters
Not even close.
Going back to the days of Joe Willie (The Lush) and Gerry Philbin to the days of Richard Todd, Wesley Walker, Richard Castor, Freeman McNeal, and The Sack Exchange with scumbag Marty Lyons who ended Dwight Stephenson's playing days to the current or more recent motley crew of Curtis Martin, pain in the butt Wayne Cherbet, Keyshaun, Mawae, and Vilma. I can not stand the @#A$%^*@#$%^ (add your own colorful language) JETS.
When the team loses to them I look for the hot line to Dr. Kevorkian, when they win it feels almost as good as procreating the species. I have a deep and abiding dislike for the team anyone associated with the team, their fans, and the arm pit they represent.

Why doesn't anyone say the COLTS? I know they are no longer in our division, but the WERE for YEARS. We had some phenomenal games against them.

Perfect72 said:
Why doesn't anyone say the COLTS? I know they are no longer in our division, but the WERE for YEARS. We had some phenomenal games against them.

In marino's later years when Manning was starting to get hot, I really hated the Colts. The Patriots would be the divisional team w/ the least amount of rvialry, IMO(b4 Brady/Bellichick, very little rivalry).

I would have to say the Jets, they have been longtime rivals for years. The Miami - Buffalo rivalry heated up in the early 90's and the Miami - Pats rivarly within the recent 6 years or so.

It's The Jets Hands Down The Biggest Rival. They Play The Dolphins And That's Their Superbowl For The Year. Lol They Stink The Rest Of The Year! I Live In Jersey And Go Every Time To Giants Stadium And The Atmosphere Is Unbelievable When The Dolphins Are In Town. People Fighting Getting Kick Out Of The Stadium Because Of Jet Fans Being Drunk And Acting Like Knuckleheads.

I would have to say the jets, but the patriots aren't far behind. I would never forget how they beat us in the afc championship in '86. I always felt that if Miami would have gone back that year in the SB they had a good chance of coming out of there winners. Since we killed the bears that year.

I'd say the Jets because we pretty much hate eachother. We cant stand their little J-E-T-S jets jets jets that they chant in OUR stadium I know I hate it.

As much as I can't stand the Pats and Bills; I HATE the Jets. The fact that there are so many NY transplants in So. Fla. and those stinkin' Jet fans (and I mean literally stinking, on account of them generally being sweaty and hairy) are so damn loud, ARGH. I'm getting worked up just typing about it. They hate us, we hate them- it's a classic rivalry.

right now, I'd say the Jets.

in the 90s, I'd say Buffalo.

fishfan34 said:
You will find that the long time Dolphins fans or longer time Dolphins fans will say the Jets are our chief rival. The younger fans or shorter time fans will say the Patriots. I being a longer time fan say the Jets. We have much much more of a history with the Jets and some of our biggest games win or lose have been against the Jets. The Patriots and or Bills have just come around the past decade or so, but the Jets have ALWAYS been there fighting us tooth and nail.

not really, the Bills rivalry started in the mid to late 80s and didn't lose steam until the end of the 90s. it's picked up again since but not to the same degree

Perfect72 said:

even when the Colts were in the East, I never felt like the rivalry was that heated. There was a little fire, but nothing like the rest of the teams.

And a lot of that has to do with the fact that the Colts, although sometimes decent, often sucked until Peyton Manning joined in 1998, but by 2002 were no longer in Miami's division.

I still remember the 90s (forget which year) Colt team that averaged 8 points per game one season.

PhinsRock said:
Has to be the Pats NOW, but long-term it would really have been the Jets. Nowadays the Jets aren't as big a rivalry because they suck suck suck.

I totally agree, I still have nightmares about that MNF debacle! :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom